social services

suzynewt

Apr 13, 2015
wisbech cambs
Mum has been taken off the case load of mental health team now as they feel unable to help her, they have referred her to social services , I've no idea what this means ,what happens now? Any thoughts or advice please
Suzy

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I would guess she needs an assessment to see what they can do for her and more relevantly from their point of view what they are willing to fund.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hi Suzy, I have no idea why they would be handing your Mum over, but give them a ring and ask is probably the quickest way of getting an answer.:)

Skyrim

Jun 19, 2015
I do not and would not, accept a removal from the mental health team without wrtitten and very clear reasons why.
The rationale behind this is my view on funding streams...and why you may need to get back to the NHs in the future. More importantly, however, is the level of care that is currently needed and provided. If there should be any deterioration in health, behaviour, need for additional support or even a review of medication, you are at the back of the queue again. Don't accept this at all unless hou have good reasons given.
( PS... This advice came to me from Admiral Nurses)

Jaxx

Jun 2, 2015
Preston, Lancashire
My mum is bipolar and before her recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's she'd been discharged from the mental health team. Now she has her Alzheimer's diagnosis the memory clinic is messing with her bipolar meds which I believe is causing mum's mood to destabilise. I'm wondering if I should contact her mental health team to see if they can help? Although I'm also worried that having so many different agencies involved will get confusing as previously her MH team and her GP used to argue about her blood tests.