Social Distancing

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
if you use scan as you shop you need to have a tesco club card and you can put in bags as you go so only you touch your shopping.

You still won't know how many others customers might have touched/picked up the item before you though. @MaNaAk to help put your mind at rest, the world health organisation has advised that there have been no confirmed cases of covid transmission through food or food packaging. As with anything, frequent hand washing will help to stop transmission so it is recommended that hands should be properly washed after handling food packages and before eating. Also use hand sanitiser when entering the shop, wash your hands thoroughly afterwards, and also after handling/storing purchased products. It's also worth keeping shopping to a minimum - I just go food shopping once a week now to reduce the risks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explaine...nization says,through food or food packaging"

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I also go once a week, I go to start shopping at 07:00 when the Asda Scan & Go readers become available, there are very few customers just staff picking home delivery and click and collect. If you have a smartphone you can use this to do the scanning instead, shop is 24/7 opening except for Sunday.

Don't forget to sanitise the reader before use.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I go the other end of the day 9pm once a week, hardly anyone in the shop. OH was shielding so hasn't been in a shop since March although he would probably be ok now either end of a day.

A rural walking area near to us where we often walk had an incident reported recently...middle of the day, elderly couple walking their dog, they asked a lone middle aged male to give them a bit more distance as he passed and he pulled a screwdriver out of his pocket to threaten them so be careful out there.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
I was out walking with OH to the local shop when a female jogger came running past from behind us . She made her presence felt by hurling four letter words at us because we (presumably) didn't move out of her way quickly enough. A bit further down the road she came across another couple who waved their walking sticks at her as she bore down on them. ?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
A plus for the early visit is that the reduced section is full of use by <today> and best before <today> items with large reductions.

I did not go in a shop from March until end of June when 24hr opening was resumed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandrah1952