Social Distancing

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I'd just like to explain the routine in supermarket S. I had been shopping in the high street and I intended to go food shopping at S. I entered through the door nearest the high street did my shop and tried to exit through the same door as usual and doing social distancing. There were people coming in but I did keep my distance of course but when I tried to exit a shop assistant asked me to use the door near the car park. Therefore I went to use this door but there were people coming in here as well (as there always had been)! My point is that there should been someone on this door as well because if we customers were not supposed to face each other at the door we were certainly facing each other here!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
On another point one of my pupil's parents who works in a shop is quite stressed about the behaviour of some customers.

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I hate going into supermarkets - there are just too many people who dont care about social distancing.

Try going at anti social hours.
I go weekly at 07:00 when scan and go guns become available, only about 6 customers and the reduced product shelf is well stocked with 'use by <today>' and 'best before <today>'

I could go earlier if I had a camera that doubled up as a phone, supermarket is open 24/7

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
When I was shopping yesterday a woman said I'm right behind you when I dropped a hint by saying that I'm trying to maintain two metres. In my opinion for her to say that she was much two and I hope that she was pleased with what the Prime minister had to say later! Even with a mask should still be social distancing they shouldn't need to be reminded!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
some peole just dont care and the prime minister could be speaking in double dutch for the amount of difference it makes. people seem to just do what they want and blow everyone else. he hasnt helped the situation by confusing and making too many different rules for too many different people. at least this is clear and everyone will stay with the same rules we hope

Up the Creek

Sep 9, 2020
East Anglia
I suspect that the people who can’t social distance also drive like that...pulling into the 2-second gap you have left between you and the car in front.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I hate going into supermarkets - there are just too many people who dont care about social distancing.
You can relax a bit. PHE statistics derived from track and trace show that very few people seem to catch covid whilst shopping. Most catch it in their homes or someone else's home.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I ended up subtly mentioning "two metres"
to an idiot that got so close to me whilst I was walking home that he brushed my left hand.

MaNaAk

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I ended up subtly mentioning "two metres"
to an idiot that got so close to me whilst I was walking home that he brushed my left hand.

MaNaAk
Assuming he didn't give you a hug as well the likelihood that he gave you coronavirus is negligible.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i dont think thats the point only takes a drop of nasal fluid to get it. from someone who has got a husband who shielded last time and has to have minimum contact as his he is unlikely to survive, i think its a bit insensitive especially in the lock down. its people like him being so complacent that has caused the numbers of infections to rise hence the second lock down

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
i dont think thats the point only takes a drop of nasal fluid to get it. from someone who has got a husband who shielded last time and has to have minimum contact as his he is unlikely to survive, i think its a bit insensitive especially in the lock down. its people like him being so complacent that has caused the numbers of infections to rise hence the second lock down
If you read the PHE weekly surveillance reports you will be reassured. People are not catching this outdoors to any significant extent.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thats good i miss my grandchildren and my children and hope my daughter who is a dispenser in a pharmacy and my son whose a teacher dont catch it as they are classed as key workers. my son cant teach outside and schools are still open so i would say there is a risk whatever PHE say

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I agree with @jennifer1967 it's the people who are complacent that are spreading the infection if the Prime minister says that we should be social distancing then it's not difficult to do. We have never known a pandemic like this so we must adhere to social distancing.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Just come back from Tescos they have screens at the counters but I politely pointed out that the cashier only had his mask covering his mouth. He pointed out that he was behind a screen but I have so much on my own mind that I decided not to point out that he was breathing on my shopping.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
if you use scan as you shop you need to have a tesco club card and you can put in bags as you go so only you touch your shopping. there is no point in wearing a mask if you dont wear it properly. they expect you to wear one properly unless like my husband who has a lanyard as hes exempt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet