So worrying, it seems one thing after the other.

Mother goose

Jul 5, 2012
Co.Sligo, Ireland
My mum's been unwell last 11 days in NH, she was sick after eating dinner, her blood pressure dropped & became very drowsy. I was very worried as I didn't know what was wrong with her, as every time I saw her she was drowsy. GP was called in & did blood tests & also a urine test. As was a trace of blood in her urine, she put my mum put on antibiotics. I rang GP yest to see if results were back. She said, the urine test was normal & antibiotics were stopped, also said the blood tests were normal too. I said, it's worrying as she's been unwell last 11 days & GP said could be a virus.

NH rang me this aftn, said GP was there, examined my mum & wanted to talk to me. She told me that nurses noticed my mum was so much better today & back to herself. GP said, my mum has had a mini stroke & she was putting her on aspirin. I was so relieved that they found the cause of her drowsiness & other symptoms. I went into see my mum this aftn & she was like a completely different person. I said, it's so good to see you well again. Sadly she said, I didn't know I was unwell. Her memory was bad before with the alzheimers, but since having the mini stroke, it's a lot worse. I wonder at 85, could these happen again?

If that wasn't enough worrying, my daughter had a hospital app for her 5 yr old little girl today, as she gets tummy pains & has had several urine infs. The DR is also concerned as she is small for her age & is arranging an x-ray to check her bones, a scan to check her kidneys & blood tests to include one for cealiac disease. My daughter was tiny as a little girl, as I was too, so I hope the tests come back normal.
I have mentioned on here previously, that my daughter has headaches every day for the last 12 months & is waiting to see the Consultant. I have ongoing health problems myself, so it's a constant worry with one thing after another.

Last edited:

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Good news that your Mum is a lot better, please try to focus on that rather than worrying about the future.

It sounds as if the doctors are being very thorough checking out your little granddaughter's health, fingers crossed that the test results show nothing serious. I'm sure your daughter is really thankful that she has you to turn to, but please try to relax a little and not make yourself ill with worry. Easier said than done, I know.

Take care and hope your Mum is even better on your next visit.

Mother goose

Jul 5, 2012
Co.Sligo, Ireland
I visited my mum this afternoon & thankfully she was ok & asking me if she can go home again, so I knew she was back on form. I spoke to the head nurse & she said they're keeping an eye on her & said she could get another mini stroke. Our 2nd son is getting married in West Sussex in June & really wants his nan to be there. As we live in Southern Ireland, it will mean us all flying over. I mentioned it to the head nurse & she wasn't sure if we should take my mum. She said, her GP might not recommend my mum travelling to England. Has anyone else travelled with their parents who have Alzheimer's & mini strokes? I obviously want what's best for my mum & if it means her not going to our son's wedding, to protect her health, then I'd accept that.

I'm really hoping my little granddaughter will be ok & that her tests do come back normal. I went through the same thing with my daughter when she was a baby & Young child, as she had continuous health problems, which were finally resolved when she was 14 years old. It's hard not to worry about your children, even more so when they have health problems as an adult. Then worrying about their young children too & my mum also. Some days I feel I'm not able to cope with it all, this afternoon I just felt weepy.