So worried

Lyn11

Jun 27, 2020
My Aunty finally accepted having carers In September and things seemed to be going fine. Sadly she had a fall on Wednesday and was taken to hospital. Luckily she had no serious injuries, just bruising and the hospital has sent her home. The problem is this has completely thrown her and she is understandably very upset, can’t remember what happened or where she has been.

I visited her this afternoon she is not eating or drinking and says she doesn’t want to live and is lonely. A few hours later my brother called me and said that she had rang him and said she couldn’t get out of the chair and needed the toilet. He went to her home and luckily one of the carers came and took her to the toilet. We are so worried about her and don’t know what to do for the best. I have upped her care to four times a day. She has always said that she doesn’t want to go in a care home but I think it would be for the best as we are in constant worry for her. She is self funding. Can anyone give me any advice please. Thank you

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
has she got a uti? that can knock them off their feet or could just be she feels unsafe after the fall and is scared to trust herself to walk or move like she did did they test in hospital? did they find out why she fell? my husband has vascular dementia and he fell. they found out that he had vertigo and most recently, postural hypotension. his blood pressure drops when he stands up which leaves him feeling dizzy and he wobbles when he walks

Lyn11

Jun 27, 2020
Hi thanks for your reply. she has very bad feet arthritis, hammer toes, and will only use a stick. They did get her to walk with a frame in the hospital where I am told she walked 40 metres. Back home won’t use the frame. They did many blood tests etc in hospital nothing came up. I will contact the gp on Monday about possible uti. Thanks

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @Lyn11 . I expect your Aunty is still tired and confused after her hospital visit. She may settle down. Why not ask the care company how they think she is and, in the meantime, take a look at the link below and check out some care homes just in case. Have a talk with the managers of any you think may be suitable.