So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
just WOW, @Agzy , what a herculean task you must do, your Pauline must endure..I can only send you positive energy and lots of hugs to both.

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
I don't know how you do it. You have given over your life to this woman. At what stage are you allowed to live without this stress

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Thank you. Twice since first posting she got up and walked out of the house and up the road, not far as she struggles, but clearly meant to worry me and it does as she is a fall risk. Given that and the level of anger I messaged her eldest son, who I know has an important meeting this afternoon and thankfully he responded immediately and came down. In front of Pauline and much to her dismay I explained why I had asked him to call and for him to take her. The shock could be seen and so could the anger but all she said was that I could take her. Having explained that I want her to have time on her own with him and to tell of why she hates it and indeed anything she wants to say about me too. Give him his due, he took the cue and offered to take her for a cuppa at a garden centre on route to daycare. So it is that I have just waved them off and she is yet to smile or acknowledge me so collecting her later will be interesting.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Sounds like Pauline's son is really getting the hang of this now, Agzy. It definitely helps when others around you 'get it' and know what to do.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thank you. Twice since first posting she got up and walked out of the house and up the road, not far as she struggles, but clearly meant to worry me and it does as she is a fall risk. Given that and the level of anger I messaged her eldest son, who I know has an important meeting this afternoon and thankfully he responded immediately and came down. In front of Pauline and much to her dismay I explained why I had asked him to call and for him to take her. The shock could be seen and so could the anger but all she said was that I could take her. Having explained that I want her to have time on her own with him and to tell of why she hates it and indeed anything she wants to say about me too. Give him his due, he took the cue and offered to take her for a cuppa at a garden centre on route to daycare. So it is that I have just waved them off and she is yet to smile or acknowledge me so collecting her later will be interesting.
maybe she can deflect her anger on to her son. maybe it might be better now someone else knows what she is doing. noise defenders and rhino skin later maybe or pauline may surprise you!!!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I'm so pleased for you that Pauline's son turned up, hopefully this solves rather than creates further issues.

I hope things are pleasant when you pick her up.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Saturday morning and all seems well as she dozes in her chair. Firstly, I did appreciate the message from admin as it is such comfort to know someone has your back so to speak. Thursdays woes were horrible to deal with and a new level in her anger and upset which was genuinely made worse by me involving her son. However, it has proved positive in that now he is aware of how bad mum can get and that I am not unbreakable. Another surprise was her reaction after he had taken her to Daycare and I had collected her and I put her sons offer to to take her out every Thursday instead of daycare to her. Absolute refusal of the offer and says the ‘club’ would be better for her but only if I take her. I am amazed at how embarrassed she seems be having her son witness what went on, something that never entered my head. Took her to a local Ukulele festival for an hour yesterday and a real foot tapper which she enjoyed and its amazing how she can sing along and knows the lyrics to so many songs.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
Saturday morning and all seems well as she dozes in her chair. Firstly, I did appreciate the message from admin as it is such comfort to know someone has your back so to speak. Thursdays woes were horrible to deal with and a new level in her anger and upset which was genuinely made worse by me involving her son. However, it has proved positive in that now he is aware of how bad mum can get and that I am not unbreakable. Another surprise was her reaction after he had taken her to Daycare and I had collected her and I put her sons offer to to take her out every Thursday instead of daycare to her. Absolute refusal of the offer and says the ‘club’ would be better for her but only if I take her. I am amazed at how embarrassed she seems be having her son witness what went on, something that never entered my head. Took her to a local Ukulele festival for an hour yesterday and a real foot tapper which she enjoyed and its amazing how she can sing along and knows the lyrics to so many songs.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
A quiet morning and run out to Aldi for groceries then back for lunch. Given it is such a lovely day I suggested a run out to the shopping center at the promenade and she agreed. Once there and lucky enough to get a disabled bay I took her wheelchair from the boot to great objections as she has refused to even sit in it since SS gave it to her. Anyway, I said I needed to use it as a walker as my back was hurting and this she accepted but, as knew it would happen, within 100 yards she is in pain and wanting to return to the car and home. Naughty me suggested she sits in the wheelchair then, very sedately as my breathing is a struggle, I headed away from the car and what a joy the chair was to push, almost no effort on the flat promenade surface. A good quarter mile then stopped and sat on one of the many brightly painted seats for 15 minutes where we basked and laughed and she just loved ‘her’ chair. The walk back was lovely and a cool breeze in our faces and then back to the car after anoth 10 minute rest stop in the sunshine. We are already talking about new places to go with the chair as our helper. What a difference a day makes ❤️

Attachments

• 20240622_134526.jpeg
    20240622_134526.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 68

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
A quiet morning and run out to Aldi for groceries then back for lunch. Given it is such a lovely day I suggested a run out to the shopping center at the promenade and she agreed. Once there and lucky enough to get a disabled bay I took her wheelchair from the boot to great objections as she has refused to even sit in it since SS gave it to her. Anyway, I said I needed to use it as a walker as my back was hurting and this she accepted but, as knew it would happen, within 100 yards she is in pain and wanting to return to the car and home. Naughty me suggested she sits in the wheelchair then, very sedately as my breathing is a struggle, I headed away from the car and what a joy the chair was to push, almost no effort on the flat promenade surface. A good quarter mile then stopped and sat on one of the many brightly painted seats for 15 minutes where we basked and laughed and she just loved ‘her’ chair. The walk back was lovely and a cool breeze in our faces and then back to the car after anoth 10 minute rest stop in the sunshine. We are already talking about new places to go with the chair as our helper. What a difference a day makes ❤️
You are so good with Pauline and make days fun

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Well done @Agzy - where there’s a will, there’s a way…even with Pauline 🥰🥰

When and if the time comes for residential, Pauline will be one of those who causes all Sorts at the beginning, but then comes to be loved and adored by everyone 🥰🤣

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Be careful @Agzy on older normal pavements, especially tarmaced, as often they have a slope on which can make pushing hard work. Seaside promenades are wonderful as they are also so well supplied with seats. So glad the wheelchair was such a success.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
The moods all over the week and still up to now have been quiet and, providing she can watch whatever she wants to on TV, she is happy.
Her short term memory however has taken a nose dive! Repetion for almost everything is now a given as are her confusions and the big shock was today when our postal voting papers arrived.
She watched me complete mine and kept asking what and why which I carefully explained and asked her if she wished to vote and she immediately said, “of course.” I read out every party on the ballot and she was very short saying “I always vote *** and want to do it again” so her X was put carefully in the box and then came her signature. I reminded her about keeping it within the lines which she did and then, laboriously, she wrote her initial then the first letter of her surname at which point she stopped as she had no idea how to spell her name!!
Such an awful shock and got over it by me spelling it out slowly and the signature could be challenged as very shaky but she has, and probably for the final time, cast her vote in a general election.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
the signature could be challenged
If not satisfied with the signature they will ask for a further signature if you post vote early enough, signatures are verified on receipt.

For future postal voting If the signature is inconsistent she, or you on her behalf, can apply for a signature waver, if granted 'waver' will be printed in the signature box.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
The moods all over the week and still up to now have been quiet and, providing she can watch whatever she wants to on TV, she is happy.
Her short term memory however has taken a nose dive! Repetion for almost everything is now a given as are her confusions and the big shock was today when our postal voting papers arrived.
She watched me complete mine and kept asking what and why which I carefully explained and asked her if she wished to vote and she immediately said, “of course.” I read out every party on the ballot and she was very short saying “I always vote *** and want to do it again” so her X was put carefully in the box and then came her signature. I reminded her about keeping it within the lines which she did and then, laboriously, she wrote her initial then the first letter of her surname at which point she stopped as she had no idea how to spell her name!!
Such an awful shock and got over it by me spelling it out slowly and the signature could be challenged as very shaky but she has, and probably for the final time, cast her vote in a general election.
Hi @Agzy
Know how you feel as my OH is now beyond participating in a postal vote. Hasn't been able to write or sign her name for quite some while. It happens!