So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Pauline's third and hopefully final day on UTI antibiotics and she seems fine but will do a dip test in the morning just to be sure. She was so well she agreed to come with me and view the sheltered flat in nearby high rise. Obviously with carpets up and in need of decorating coupled with no power so no lights, first thoughts were not good ones. However, after a tour and being delighted with the kitchen layout and room sizes she came round and was very positive but, as on first floor there is a lot of street noise in spite of double glazing and she didnt like that. A lot of positives for sure and had it been on 5th floor or higher (one side shows the Irish Sea, the Welsh hills and the bungalow that now occupies the place where I was born just 700 yards away) it would be spot on. Given that we have been assured that a refusal is not a black mark and we can stay on the list and fingers crossed for next vacancy we have decided to stay home for a while at least.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
The UTI cleared ok and so having her booster jab went ahead yesterday morning and her reaction has not been good, in as much that along with the expected (very) sore arm, she is feeling very poorly. during the night she woke me whilst remaking her bed as apparently she had kicked the duvet onto the floor and after that neither of us slept much such was her distress. Today the ‘poorly’ feeling has continued and she has managed some sleep in her armchair but as she is asking to go on her walk things might be picking up.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
OH was wiped out and felt pretty poorly for a couple of days after both his covid jabs and Im fully expecting the same thing next week when he has his booster. It was only a couple of days and IMO a small price to pay to vastly reduce the likelihood of getting covid seriously.

Im sure she will be feeling better soon and you will know that you have done everything you can
xx

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
is it because its a different one. he had the astra zenica one for the last 2 jabs but this is pfizer or moderna that hes having friday so do i need to be prepared? he didnt have much with the first 2

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I had my booster a couple of weeks ago (got my first one when I took my mum back in Jan as surplus jabs so in synch with her - good job as she nearly didn't consent at jab 2 and was reassured I was having it).

As I was jabbed they said you will feel flu like symptoms after it and I felt rubbish for a couple of days, but prob no worse than my second one. Next door neighbour (aged 72)had his day before me and he was fine.

Had AZ the first time so this was pfizer.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s strange how some are affected more than others by the booster. This includes people with and without dementia.

Both my sister and friend were wiped out while I was fine.

Whatever the side effects of the boosters they must surely be preferable to bring wiped out by covid infections

Good to hear Pauline is ready for a walk @Agzy It`s bitterly cold here but the sun is shining so I’d better follow her example :)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
as. I have an operation as day patient next Wednesday we are having to quarantine and I had to go for a test early this morning getting home just after 8am at exactly the same time as Pauline was arriving back from ’her’ walk and wearing a mask! Her logic was spot on as she said that she thought quarantine started after I got back but as she didnt meet anyone all is ok. If weather holds I think it will be ok if she continues to do her walks but wears her mask as otherwise things might get tricky in the home.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
After my shower this morning and while heading downstairs to the kitchen my slippers seemed to be sticking to the laminate floor and when I checked I found that during her wanderings in the night Pauline had had a toilet accident on the stairs and so 20 minutes of cleaning and drying while she was in the shower. As usual she says diarrhoea and takes one of her tablets but, given my eye op on Wednesday and Quarantine, I will have to leave consulting her GP for a few days as this is becoming too regular and am worried about the constant taking of the tablets and possible constipation. I am also so grateful that I had my slippers on!

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Not yet as bad as this here but we have had some ‘accidents’ , in this house put down to ‘piles’, I have managed to get the OH to wear panty liner pads. He wears these inside underwear day and night and while they are not perfect they have certainly helped - obviously they are not good enough to cope with true incontinence but they have certainly helped with the ‘little leakages ’. … Just a thought but some acid inhibitor medicines e.g omeprazole, lansozrspole etc. can cause bowel incontinence.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Not yet as bad as this here but we have had some ‘accidents’ , in this house put down to ‘piles’, I have managed to get the OH to wear panty liner pads. He wears these inside underwear day and night and while they are not perfect they have certainly helped - obviously they are not good enough to cope with true incontinence but they have certainly helped with the ‘little leakages ’. … Just a thought but some acid inhibitor medicines e.g omeprazole, lansozrspole etc. can cause bowel incontinence.
Pauline does wear similar but not big enough but she wont change to the larger size

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
As expected from my operation I now have a lovely black eye which has become something questioned about time after time as has the fact I have been asked to switch on the village Christmas lights, something she occasionally believes it has already been done and she wasnt there. So sad to see the increasing changes and just hope another plateau is reached soon when we can draw breath.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
I find it so strange the way some things get repeatedly forgotten and yet my OH will then remember the strangest of things- and then point out his memory is better than mine, and go on and on about whatever it is I haven’t done! Hope the black eye improves soon Agzy and isn’t causing you too much pain.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
It has certainly been different doing the Christmas cards this year! It has been a while since Pauline even tried to write some out and last year she wasnt interested at all but this year she has taken an interest that has been exhausting as basically she demands that most of her ‘list’ is culled by dozens of names. Reading through the names she was making comments like ”not them only hear from them at Christmas.” Basically she has done what I would love to do to my own list but haven’t the courage and given there is no charity scouts post this year is saving a small fortune in postage stamps.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s interesting reading about Pauline @Agzy. Are there some areas where she is more aware than she has been? Is there an improvement in her interest or awareness?

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Wish my Mum would do this as it’s my job to do everything other than write her name, including all the notes to go inside! It’s like her funeral plan, includes church and crematorium service, with three full hymns. Because “that’s what your father had” !! He was a recently retired minister who still did lots of preaching, sick visits etc. My Mum is in a Home, near me, not her old home, and 94. Don’t know who she thinks is coming to this funeral !!!!! ……

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
It`s interesting reading about Pauline @Agzy. Are there some areas where she is more aware than she has been? Is there an improvement in her interest or awareness?
Very hard to say Sylvia as sometimes she is so aware and others way out but when she is hostessing she is near perfect. So much so that a quite a few people will comment that she just doesn’t present with dementia and feel like videoing the bad days as evidence, certainly keeps me on my toes x

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan