So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
A very strange weekend in many ways starting with me sending email cancelling out application for the flay having had a quote for adaptations that is well in financially and Pauline telling me over and over again how glad she is we are staying. Last night I was due to have a birthday pint with my four kids and Pauline unhappy at me going out but all smiles when my eldest son called in for me to go to my local and again proudly telling him we are not moving. Much to my surprise when we got to the pub it was heaving with family and friends and a big surprise birthday party for me and an amazing night it was. Today Pauline if going on about how lucky I am as her family wouldnt do it for her. She is on a bit of a downer And I’m Not sure how the day will progress so strange is her mood.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
A very strange weekend in many ways starting with me sending email cancelling out application for the flay having had a quote for adaptations that is well in financially and Pauline telling me over and over again how glad she is we are staying. Last night I was due to have a birthday pint with my four kids and Pauline unhappy at me going out but all smiles when my eldest son called in for me to go to my local and again proudly telling him we are not moving. Much to my surprise when we got to the pub it was heaving with family and friends and a big surprise birthday party for me and an amazing night it was. Today Pauline if going on about how lucky I am as her family wouldnt do it for her. She is on a bit of a downer And I’m Not sure how the day will progress so strange is her mood.
happy birthday @Agzy that was in nice surprise. could pauline have another UTI?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Thank you for the birthday wishes and a big shout out to a local Dementia group for running an afternoon sing along session where we both had a brilliant time even though getting Pauline there was a bit traumatic and she was resisting right to the church hall. She only agreed to come in as I said ok lets go in and use the toilets before we head back. She never questioned it when she came out and I was sitting there holding a song book but got annoyed at the break as she hadn’t brought ‘her’ T bags. A wonderful day x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thank you for the birthday wishes and a big shout out to a local Dementia group for running an afternoon sing along session where we both had a brilliant time even though getting Pauline there was a bit traumatic and she was resisting right to the church hall. She only agreed to come in as I said ok lets go in and use the toilets before we head back. She never questioned it when she came out and I was sitting there holding a song book but got annoyed at the break as she hadn’t brought ‘her’ T bags. A wonderful day x
if you go regularly, could you leave a few of paulines tebags there in a mug so she always has some to use?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
if you go regularly, could you leave a few of paulines tebags there in a mug so she always has some to use?
She normally carries a small shoulder ag with small change her phone and T bags but as subterfuge used to get her out of the house I forgot to make sure she had it - yep, my fault ?‍♂️

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
After such a wonderful day on Tuesday full of positivity and love it was a shock when yesterday morning while Pauline went to hang out the washing which was fine although she took a while. Eventually I peeped out through the blinds and she was just standing there crying and so distraught. I dashed out to hold and comfort her and she just kept re[eating, “I’m just fed up I hate it all,” and similar. It took ages and a couple of cups of tea to sort of cheer her up and it seems she felt lonely at me having a very large family and who we see a fair amount of whereas she only really sees her eldest son. So so sad.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sad for you @Agzy.

It`s ironic but these flashes of insight decrease as the dementia progresses and although truly bittersweet, it does mean we experience fewer heartbreaking moments.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
6B5640D8-E3F7-4493-B20E-BE1E46F6F179.jpeg
I saw The Rascally Rabbit book of paintings where each picture has a wee rabbit hidden somewhere so bought it to try on Pauline and WOW! She is fascinated by it and now uses a large magnifying glass to study more deeply and gets so excited when he is found and of course forgets where he was for the next time And I am almost overwhelmed by her joy x

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Brilliant! :) Where did you find this Gem @Agzy?
On FB pop up advert, Sylvia, but since then I have had internet chat with author and artist, Pete Romney who is based in north east. Google Rascally Rabbit. I love the way he paints and his sense of humour. His book has taken the place of Wordsearch which struggles with now x

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Wonderful, reminds of the cartoonist (can't remember his name) who used to put a mouse? in his cartoons everyday somewhere in one of the newspapers.

Edit: think it could have been Giles in the Daily Express.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
I remember my children loved a book where you looked for “Tom Thumb”, “Each peach pear plumb I spy Tom Thumb”. The illustrations were beautiful.