so so Tired.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
tomorrow is another day I hope it is as good as today .

I Hope so also , because I Know how it feel not knowing they reaction as we enter the next day with them , my mother into her 5th year of AZ , all I Can say if has got better with her moods , which must be because of the progression of the disease , but she can still get angry shouting a lot , her talking can be child like sometime, forgot words and have been doing sigh with her hands in what she wants and then the next day have a conversation in what she wants

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi, Jill ,Sylvia and Margarita.
Last evening was a relief no outbursts no questioning if only every day were like that it would be easier to cope.
The weather here has been very hot and sticky today .. we spent the afternoon with a couple of friends who are in a similar situation to ourselves ...the Husband has also got Alzheimer's we sat in thier garden in the shade of trees and had a good natter we are going out with them tomorrow for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon.
JIm finds it easy to relate to the Husband ( I am not using names to respect their privacy.) and they chatter on it doesn't matter that they tell each other the same stories each time because every story to them is the first time they have heard it.
We left there at about 5.30 pm and sat watching the antiques road show after our tea....unfortunately I did my usual trick and nodded off....Jim didn't wake me up aggressively but he made sure I woke up and we have had two Hours of questions about him going to day care... no shouting but going over and over the same ground again...saying that I can go out whenever I want he is fine on his own......or he will catch a bus to his brothers and spend the day with him...all of which is not possible as he cannot do these things he gets lost ,doesn't know the time or will pick an argument with youths who he thinks are misbehaving.
I am sure you will all recognise the pattern. I have given in and said that as a compromise One day at the Day centre will be ok instead of two but I cannot give in altogether . This still has not satisfied him ...I feel so sorry for him he really doesn't think that there is anything wrong with him and cannot understand why I need a day off.
He seems to have gone off the subject now ..I have said that he must try the Thursday day care for his CPN as she has gone to a lot of trouble to set it up for him...I will face The response he has to the day centre after he has been I am keeping my fingers crossed that he likes it and will go willingly after this weeek...I am not holding my breath though.
I will keep you all posted
regards

Jude
d