So sad

laineyb

Feb 3, 2009
northamptonshire
Hi
It's two weeks since my mum passed, I'm really struggling as I thought she'd go on for ever as apart from the dementia she was strong as an Ox, she bounced back from every thing and then about three weeks ago she went really downhill and doctors said she was eol, I thought I had prepared myself many years ago but realised you never can. I'm finding it hard to sleep, (have 2 children 10,11) and no energy and so sad and can't quite believe that my mummy isn't here anymore, we have the funeral Thursday and am worried how that will go, we're not the closest of families (I have 3 sisters) and I am the youngest and am doing a reading with my son as none of my sisters will and just hope I get through it without falling apart.
Lainey x

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi lainey, so sorry to hear about your mum :(

Of course you can never really be prepared for the loss of a parent, however ill they have been. So don't be surprised at how bad you feel, I am sure it will take a while for you to come to terms with things (sorry that really doesn't do justice to your feelings, I know).

It sounds as though you are planning to do your mum proud at the funeral. Just in case you or your son feel overwhelmed though, could you brief someone to support you?

Sending you my very best wishes and huge ((((hugs))))

Lindy xxx

laineyb

Feb 3, 2009
northamptonshire
Hi Lindy,
I hope mum is proud.
I have an amazing vicar and his wife and also my husband so am sure one of them will step in if I find it too traumatic, I am definitely finding this harder than when my dad passed 25 years ago, maybe an age thing or that it was mum that held us together as a family, now there isn't that connection, there is nothing like a mum, miss her so much x

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Lainey I understand your worries about the funeral but the vicar has been through this so many times and knows you so will not let you struggle. Your son is very brave, you must be proud that he wants to support you and say goodbye to his gran.

I know your grief won't be any less after the funeral, but I hope that once the worry of it is over that you will be able to sleep a little better.

Take care.

elizabet

Mar 26, 2013
Southampton
Lainey, sending you cyberhugs at your sad time.
It is little wonder you are finding sleep difficult as your mind must be very active as you prepare for the funeral , see to all the formalities following a death and care for your family. Losing your Mum is so traumatic, no matter what age you are or how prepared you think feel when a person has an illness.
I will always miss my Mum and never forget her, but a year after her death things are definetly beginning to get easier.
Hope the funeral goes well and you are so lucky having a good vicar.