So pleased with how things are working out.

Austinsmum

Oct 7, 2012
Melton Mowbray
It's been almost a year since I last posted and I feel I owe you lovely people an apology and an update on how things have progressed with my mum (who was sectioned just before christmas 2013)
When mum was admitted to the local hospital she was terrified of her AD symptoms and on the verge of a breakdown, it was extremely painful to see the fear and torment in her eyes. The hospital were wonderful with her, as were the Social Services who moved her to a lovely Home in our nearest town where THE CARERS CARE. She has travelled quite a bit further down Alzheimer's road since then and is now thankfully unaware of her condition. It's funny but in a strange way, I feel I've sort of got my mum back. We can sit peacefully together now whilst I do her nails or whatever. I am so grateful to the NHS and the SS for making this happen and although you forum members don't know me and me mam from Adam, I just wanted to pass on a bit of good news to all you fellow travellers.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Hi Austinsmum, good to hear your Mum is settled in her care home, I couldn't believe how much better my Mum looked when she first moved into her care home, Dad and I were so exhausted, we definitely let some things slip with Mums appearance. I am glad you are having some pleasant visits with your Mum, mine has also progressed further into decline, cannot really have a conversation with her and mobility, eating and drinking now poor, but most of the time she appears happy and that is good in the scheme of things. Hope your Mum continues to be happy xx

Ange

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
What a lovely post, thank you for sharing ... oh, and nothing to apologise for, either! I'm just so glad to hear that things are working out and that your mum is happy and settled in her new home. It's good to know that it can, and does, happen. xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976