So much help and info to be had

Freya

Oct 17, 2006
Cumbria
I only registered yesterday but I feel so much better reading alot of your posts and replies. I keep beginning to read and think "that's just like our situation" and intend to reply, then I'll read another few and almost every situation has something I feel I can relate to.
I do want to reply but at the moment I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, I think.
But I certainly feel better and somehow more at peace with myself. I have had a very weepy few days as I think it is only starting to sink in that this is for real and forever.
My Dad seems to be at the same stage as me too. I think we are just learning the meaning or the saying "Life's a Bitch"
My Mum differs so much from day to day and I think we are only beginning to understand to grasp the good days with both hands.
I also feel relieved because today I asked my GP if we should try and make Mum aware of what is wrong with her when we are having a good day, she said it probably wouldn't make a difference because later that day she will have forgotten, I just wasn't sure if we were doing the best by her, that slight reassurance together with this forum has given my heart a little lift today.

Thankyou all, x

Freya

Oct 17, 2006
Cumbria
Hi Nada,
I will certainly try to give as much back as I can. We are in early stages with Mum so are very much on a learning curve.
Thankfully she has just had two fantastic days, it has been lovely. When she smokes it has a dreadful effect on her, doctor says it must starve her brain of oxygen. For last 2 days Dad has peruaded her to have only 1 or 2 cigarettes the difference is remarkable and WONDERFUL.
Love Lesley

Freya

Oct 17, 2006
Cumbria
Hi Nada,
Yes we are in touch with local Alzheimer's Society, have a lovely woman who has been out to chat with us 3 times.
I think probably because its early on in this situation, there doesn't seem much they can do except support us and to be honest we don't know what we would want anyone to do.
Dad is only 67 but is of old school thinking really, in that he doesn't want others involved at least yet, incase things railroad out of our hands.
Love
Lesley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR