So is this it...?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
So is this it now? That gut churning worry continues with Aged Mother.
Really struggling with dealing with Mums lack of empathy & the poor comprehension of reality.

Social worker tells me that she’s no longer a contact point for Mum? I await confirmation in writing!

Aged Mother thinks she’s more able than she is & wants to go shopping- oh my!

last time we did that the trolley kept rolling faster than mother could walk. So Aged mother looked like a baby learning to walk leant over at a extreme angle shouting abuse at me for holding the trolley & stopping her face plant in the supermarket isle!
Might have to forgo dry January!

Wish me luck !

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
So is this it now? That gut churning worry continues with Aged Mother.
Really struggling with dealing with Mums lack of empathy & the poor comprehension of reality.

Social worker tells me that she’s no longer a contact point for Mum? I await confirmation in writing!

Aged Mother thinks she’s more able than she is & wants to go shopping- oh my!

last time we did that the trolley kept rolling faster than mother could walk. So Aged mother looked like a baby learning to walk leant over at a extreme angle shouting abuse at me for holding the trolley & stopping her face plant in the supermarket isle!
Might have to forgo dry January!

Wish me luck !
Oh for heavens sake! Why is the SW no longer going to be a contact?I can imagine it. No matter what we do is never enough,
I’m having a wine tonight so no dry January..:rolleyes:

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Oh for heavens sake! Why is the SW no longer going to be a contact?I can imagine it. No matter what we do is never enough,
I’m having a wine tonight so no dry January..:rolleyes:

I have no idea & no information to explain.
It was my birthday yesterday & off we went to sort Aged Mother out & pay funeral Costs ..... oh yes I know how to live the high life!
Aged mother didn’t know it was my birthday until my Aunty arrived & told her; so she wrote out a card & the wrote to Dad on the card!

so I have this weird card..... to go with my weird life!

Thought things couldn’t get any stranger ... the tummy mummy’s husband rang at 10:40 pm - all asleep & exhausted here. Why ? To wish me happy birthday - & let me know he’s back in the country! Which part of the British isles I have no idea, & probably never will! I expect I will find out what he’s after at some point.... but OH is adamant I shouldn’t speak to him ...
I think OH is right

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
@DesperateofDevon - belated birthday wishes. I do think next year you need to find a better way of celebrating as you surely deserve it. I hope you did get a nice birthday present sometime during the day.
I also hope the gut churning worry clears off somewhere else.
With regards to the poor comprehension of reality - my Mum told me today that if she went back to her bungalow then she could go back to doing her sewing and knitting and she wouldn’t be bored. due to arthritic fingers she has not been able to see or knit for at least 10 years.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@DesperateofDevon - belated birthday wishes. I do think next year you need to find a better way of celebrating as you surely deserve it. I hope you did get a nice birthday present sometime during the day.
I also hope the gut churning worry clears off somewhere else.
With regards to the poor comprehension of reality - my Mum told me today that if she went back to her bungalow then she could go back to doing her sewing and knitting and she wouldn’t be bored. due to arthritic fingers she has not been able to see or knit for at least 10 years.
I actually asked for a quiet birthday as I didn’t want to celebrate, the grieving process is still there & too new.
I will at some point go out & have a meal with OH & daughter but at the moment sorting probate etc is exhausting
M.E flared up & balancing health & life is a bit like juggling cracked eggs at the moment!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Aged mother rang asking why I hadn’t contacted the doctor? ?!?
Ok .... why do you need the doctor?
Back pains was the reply!

hurrah - a GP came out & prescribed new drug.......what I don’t know!

Next on the list now
Dads Ashes......