So, here we are.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Dau says His Nibs had his 2 year assessment yesterday. She said he flew through all his milestones. Apparently, by the age of 2, a child should have around a basic minimum of around 50 words. Dau kept track, and by 18 months, he had over 100 words. He informed the nurse that today, he is an angry chicken! :D But anything he didn't want to do, he just told her "No, I can't.", but seems that's fine, because he had understood what he was being asked, and responded, and exercised his choice.

Off to work I go this morning.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Dau says His Nibs had his 2 year assessment yesterday. She said he flew through all his milestones. Apparently, by the age of 2, a child should have around a basic minimum of around 50 words. Dau kept track, and by 18 months, he had over 100 words. He informed the nurse that today, he is an angry chicken! :D But anything he didn't want to do, he just told her "No, I can't.", but seems that's fine, because he had understood what he was being asked, and responded, and exercised his choice.

Off to work I go this morning.
:D I love that...I too some days have felt like an angry chicken..know exactly what he means!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
:D I love that...I too some days have felt like an angry chicken..know exactly what he means!
One of his storybooks has a tale of Mr Fox stealing eggs to sell at the market, and the hens and rooster find out, and come and tell him off. The picture shows some seriously cross chickens - angry chickens!! And I have a new batch of hens which he visited yesterday morning. They are inclined to be very vocal, and it does sound like they are a bit out of sorts, so I think that's why it was in his head.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've been run off my feet, but isn't that good? Better than being alone and lonely, with nothing much to occupy my time! Mum had appointments at various places in the last week, and I've been doing a LOT of cooking and cleaning for dau, who is now under orders to do no lifting heavier than 5kg, no bending, no stretching, no pushing, no pulling......and she's still vomiting, although not as much. As she says, it's going to be a very long time until the end of October! She's seeing a "female health" physiotherapist for one issue and an osteopath for her hips, and that all has to be paid privately.
This morning, I'm finally getting to go to the Library, I've had my books in the car for two weeks, and not had a chance to go! :rolleyes: Then I'll likely go over to her and play with grandson on the trampoline. Give him both fresh air and exercise, it might help him to sleep!
@love.dad.but.. what news of a grandchild?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Yesterday was my Silver wedding anniversary. I always do something nice on our anniversary, and yesterday had plans to take myself out somewhere for the day. My brother and his family are here visiting, so last minute, I decided to include them in the day out. We had a lovely day, visiting a gorgeous gardens, village and then moving on to another small, quiet town where we visited a woollen mill and a glass/gift shop. And I bought myself a special present of a lovely wool/cashmere cardigan, which will be great for Winter. William had bought me a lovely wool cardigan on our honeymoon, the day we were married, in fact, because the weather was so gorgeous that I'd gone off on honeymoon (to the west of Ireland!) without a jacket or cardigan, and he was worried that I'd be cold. I still have that one, but don't wear it as I'm afraid of the elbows wearing through. Must get some patches for it.
So, all in all, it was a lovely day. The sun shone, but it was chilly enough that I was glad of a jacket. Today is wet, so I'm taking them off to do some stuff that won't require walks in the rain!

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Sorry @LadyA I seem to have missed your previous post. A lovely cute grandson called Charlie arrived 6 weeks ago. You forget how teeny tiny newborns are at 6.6.

I am glad you made plans for your special anniversary thinking of William it sounded a lovely day. Sometimes a particular item can bring memories to instant recall as though only yesterday I hope it keeps you cosy and warm in the winter. It has been very wet here in the SE too but a bit of sunny/showers respite now. Whatever happened to flaming June?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry @LadyA I seem to have missed your previous post. A lovely cute grandson called Charlie arrived 6 weeks ago. You forget how teeny tiny newborns are at 6.6.

I am glad you made plans for your special anniversary thinking of William it sounded a lovely day. Sometimes a particular item can bring memories to instant recall as though only yesterday I hope it keeps you cosy and warm in the winter. It has been very wet here in the SE too but a bit of sunny/showers respite now. Whatever happened to flaming June?
One of my FB friends in the UK said yesterday "The only thing flaming here is the woodburner!" :D
Congratulations on your new grandson! My first grandson wasn't really teeny tiny, he was 9.3! Dau has had her second scan, with some trepidation because of all the problems she has had. But they said baby looks perfectly healthy, and it's another boy. tbh, I think she's a little disappointed. She said "mum, i'm going to have TWO of him racing around!" But as I reminded her, by the time the new baby is the age of grandson 1, grandson 1 will be almost 5!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
What a nice way to spend your day @LadyA. We share a wedding date, yesterday was my 53rd. The weather here was horrendous so it was a day in for me. My husband died just weeks before our Golden Wedding so this was my 4th since his death. They are still very special days.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Unusually these days I think son and Dil didn't want to know the sex which I think is quite nice, in our day we didn't have the option to find out, but maybe 2nd baby more young couples want to know. It sounds as though between your mum and your daughter you are working your socks off so I hope you manage to find restful times for you as well.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
What a nice way to spend your day @LadyA. We share a wedding date, yesterday was my 53rd. The weather here was horrendous so it was a day in for me. My husband died just weeks before our Golden Wedding so this was my 4th since his death. They are still very special days.
I hope you had a special day too, @jaymor . I always feel that the wedding anniversary is still the anniversary of a major event in my life, so should be celebrated, even though William is no longer with me. If he was, I know how much he loved celebrating our anniversary, so I continue to do so.
@love.dad.but.. dau wanted to know so she could plan what baby clothes to keep out at hand and what she could get rid of! Grandson has been the recipient of tons of good "hand-me-downs", so she's quite pleased that those clothes will get another go-round before she passes them on!

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Yes that makes good sense for dau. Before I understood some abbreviations on TP whenever I saw dau I thought it was an exotic name for a relative or loved one!:rolleyes: Makes me smile at my stupidity each time I see it :D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I too hope you had a special day on your anniversaries. I certainly consider our date to still be our anniversary.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
It is a special day @Izzy and deserves to be acknowledged. Mine is being delayed until tomorrow when I’m off to Llandudno with a friend. Yesterday was such a bad day, weather wise, it was impossible to go out and enjoy it. So I chose a pj day and catching up with everyone. I had personal gifts from the children and grandchildren and messages from special friends saying they were thinking of me so a perfect day to stop and remember, tomorrow will be a full on day.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That all sounds good Jean. Ours is between Christmas and New Year. This year I’ll be travelling through to Glasgow airport on my way to my friend’s house in Tenerife. She and I will raise a glass to him in the airport hotel!