So, here we are.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You grew a kitten!
They are lovely x
They are. They are very sweet. And entertaining. Have to say though, I'm still not a great fan of kittens at the rambunctious stage! They're best buddies, and sleep curled up together. But at times, you'd think they were out to kill each other!!

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
IMG_4359.JPG
I grew a dog

Attachments

• IMG_4360.JPG
    IMG_4360.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 430

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well, here we are, almost at Christmas! I can't show you, because it's subtle enough that I can't get a good pic of it - but I've coloured my hair! A couple of weeks ago I got a dreadful fit of the blues, and decided to go with it. So my hair is now subtly blue. And it's fab! :D I love it! I didn't do any colour lifting first, so the blue is more like lots of highlights where my hair was silver - the top layers mostly. Gave me a great lift!

Kittens, Atticus and Toria, finally were well enough to be vaccinated and neutered in the last couple of weeks. Took quite a while, and many, many trips to the vet to bring them on. Thankfully, until now, their care was covered by the Rescue! From now on, the bills will be mine, so let's hope they continue healthy from here on! Turns out Atticus, who is HUGE, has a very sensitive digestive system, and is intolerant of grains. That means grain free food, which is rather expensive! However, the theory is that they eat less of it, because it's not full of cheap fillers. And believe me, if it keeps his runny, rotten-egg scented poop at bay, it's worth it! :confused:

I've been left to babysit my grandson - on my own - twice this week!!! First time dau has left him with anyone! She needed to get some Christmas shopping done and then today had an emergency dentist appointment as she had broken a tooth! He was fine! Didn't bother him at all - cheerfully waved goodbye to his mum! :D

Now I'm off to sleep, because I seem to have a cold and feel quite "chesty" . I tell you, the way I'm feeling, if I had dementia, I just know I would be so cranky! :oops:
IMG_20171212_193219686.jpg

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
That's an adorable photo! Thank you!

I have a cat who also gets that reaction from a lot of commercial cat foods. And yes, the stuff that doesn't make her barf (sick up? puke?) or have the horrible diarrhea is stupidly expensive. She has done fine on several different brands of the expensive food; the key seems to be completely grain free, no meat by-products, and a high protein content. I hope you can find something Atticus (I keep saying "catticus" in my head) will tolerate.

How huge is huge? I have a normal 11 or 12 pound cat, and a hefty 19 pound cat (who topped out at over 22 pounds before she went on the "weight management" food and other dietary restrictions). She gets heavy on your lap after a while, and is also big, and has big paws, with big claws, and a very big sandpapery tongue, with which she likes to groom her humans, to excess. Sometimes I wonder if she's quite a large house cat, or quite a small big cat in my house.

Cat tangent. Apologies. Mrow.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@Amy in the US , well, he's not six months old yet, and is already around 9lbs. He's very long, with huge paws. And yes, I call him Atticus Catticus! There's only about three or four weeks between him and Toria, but she's less than half his size! Although she's starting to grow now too. Going to be a much smaller, daintier cat though.

Yes, I'm at dau's for lunch on Christmas Day. I'm providing the turkey! And a Christmas pudding. Might make something else for dessert too. :)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Well done grandma - at last you got the scrumptious lad to yourself :)

Blue hair... I’m sure it looks lovely, but isn’t that something old laydees have - a blue rinse... you are NOT an old laydee !

But If you were feeling blue, and blue gave you a lift then that’s great :)

Tho thinking about it, I’m sure it looks fabulous on you and not like an old laydees rinse

when you feel in the pink, are you going to try the pink rinse next?? :D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
No pink, @2jays !
Weirdly, the blue suits my skin tone. :confused:

Off to take mum shopping today, and drop a pressie to the vets' office as a thank you. I'm feeling a bit rough with a cold and cough, and a slight "chilled" feeling in my chest that doesn't bode well! :( Lots of hot drinks and must get more blackcurrant cordial. Hot blackcurrant is so comforting!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
No pink, @2jays !
Weirdly, the blue suits my skin tone. :confused:

Off to take mum shopping today, and drop a pressie to the vets' office as a thank you. I'm feeling a bit rough with a cold and cough, and a slight "chilled" feeling in my chest that doesn't bode well! :( Lots of hot drinks and must get more blackcurrant cordial. Hot blackcurrant is so comforting!

Squishy get well soon hug xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope you feel better soon Lady A.

I had a 24 hour streaming cold and patted myself on the back for such a speedy recovery. Since then I've also been chesty and struggled with catarrh so my patting was premature.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Hello LadyA, I have missed you, nice to catch up. But not to hear you are under the weather as the (daft??) saying goes. Hope you manage to nip the cold and cough in the bud, there is a lot of it around . So far I have managed to avoid it despite some carers sneezing and coughing when here.

I do have a cough in recent weeks but I suspect it may be my cigarette smoking catching up with me…. I thought at my age I was getting away with it. :rolleyes:

Love your photos of your kittens,especially the earlier one of them asleep together. My daughter’s young cat is the smallest daintiest cat I have ever seen, a real ‘little lady’.

I would love to see a photo of your blue-ish hair! Good that it has lifted your spirit.

Keep cosy.

Loo xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@Loopiloo , my Toria might be small and dainty looking, but she's no lady! She's a real tortie - a total nutcase! No such thing as boundaries. No such thing as not her's! :D:D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Whilst we await Lady A's photo here is my daughter's hair from the summer - blue and pink

Attachments

• 20170721_141231.jpg
    20170721_141231.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 420

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Who did you say had the strops?? You or her??

I think I might be the one to have a strop if my dau dyed her hair like that

:D but it looks great doesn’t it :D

there are some battles worth fighting and some not, so I am now an expert in hair dyeing.

to get to that colour took 2 lots of bleaching, then the colours (done in one go I think)

I wasn't paying a hairdresser so I did it, then back to school, most of it had washed out, colour stripper then red then brown. Red and brown at half term as well, and red on today and brown the end of the holidays. Need the red as otherwise the brown looks green.

I take no credit for the braiding, dau does that all on her own

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
IMG_20171221_152754123.jpg
My blue is hard to get a pic of! It's "icy blue" I think is the colour. Thinking of a stronger blue after Christmas. I just can't face going in to town in the next couple of days!
Excuse the state of me - I've gone down with a rotten cold and, feeling like death warmed over, have been hauling mum around the shops, the bank, etc.!