So, here we are.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've not had an attack for almost an hour, and I haven't had any cramps either. Hopefully, I'm on the mend!

I need to go to the shops. Dare I?! :eek:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I am sorry to read of your troubles LadyA. I'm hoping the improvement lasted?... did you go to the shops? If so I hope you will have a restful afternoon and evening.

Like you I have also had sudden floods of tears on glancing at a photo I see and look at every day.

Thinking of you
Love
Loo xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm all for letting it happen, even if it is a bit of a shock when there's no particular reason why one minute we can be fine and the next weepy.

I hope the cramps have passed Lady A and you'll be safe going to the shops. Are they nearby?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So far, so good! Just out of the shop. It's about 20 minutes away, depending on traffic. Still feeling fine. So hopefully, it was just a passing thing!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ugh. I have never reacted to a flu jab before, but I suppose there's a first time for everything! And it's probably my own fault, as I was at the stage of feeling like I might be brewing a cold on Monday evening, but decided that as I never get colds, it must be my imagination! So went ahead and had the jab yesterday morning. By last night I was wanting to curl up in bed. Not feeling ill or anything. Just sort of sorry for myself! Woke up this morning with a thumping headache, and that struggling through treacle feeling and a nauseous feeling. My eyes feel hot, if that makes sense? Still don't have a cold though. My car is in for yet more repairs, and I'm hanging around waiting. Plan was to go for a good walk, and to the cinema. I couldn't manage it. I am in a café in a very comfy chair, and the only thing motivating me to leave it is the thoughts of going home to bed! :(
Hopefully this won't last long - and it's still preferable to getting the 'flu again, and taking the risk of being sick for over two years, like happened me when I got the 'flu twenty years ago! :eek:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope it will pass soon Lady A . It might be nothing to do with the flu jab, just the effects of a cold. I had mine last week and have been fine. I presume we all get the same jab.

A good spell of relaxation, warmth and warm drinks and let's hope it's a 24 hour thing. X

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
There must be a Kilkenny lurgy going round

1J hasn't been tip top since we got back. My get up and go has gone but I have to supervise the new part of the block driveway being laid - oh and having to weed the "miles" of old driveway so it all looks good when finished

Only 1/2 old driveway left to weed... I'm thinking it might stay that way, start a new driveway fashion :D

Hoping you return to doing your one arm cartwheels soon xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@2jays - we want pics of both new and old driveway! Tbh, I spray mine these days. It used to be gravel and I weeded it. But I had it tarmacked (?) because William was very unsteady on the gravel. I found weeding tarmac much more difficult, although there aren't nearly as many weeds - just around the edges.

Just got home. Going to tidy the kitchen and that's it for today. I've caught sight of myself in the mirror! :eek: I look like death warmed over-ate eyes like, as they say here, two P holes in the snow! :(

Nighty night! @Grannie G you could be right, it may be something I was already going down with. Hopefully it won't last long. I'm usually very healthy.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I hope you're all better now, LadyA?
@Jinx Yes I was fine after a few days,!
I'm here waiting for hurricane Ophelia! Schools etc are closed around here, as we are in the "red" zone. Have a feeling I won't be going to work if it hits. My little Kia is too lightweight to stand up against such winds, particularly as I'm still only able to use one arm for steering! Besides, too many trees between here and town! Had a tree miss my car by not much one time, driving home in a storm. Scared me half to death!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Be safe tomorrow Lady A
I'm hoping so! Good thing I got all the loose ridge tiles fixed when I did.
I'm kind of worried about the chickens. There's a couple of huge trees beside their pen. If they come down, they'd make matchsticks of the chicken house!
I've laid in 20 litres of water, because if the power goes out, I've no water supply as I'm on a well. I have the breadmaker on with a large loaf baking. I have a large container of soup in the fridge, along with some cooked meat. I've got candles and my gas lamp at the ready. ☺

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Alice you are very organised and self sufficient should things be difficult. I hope you escape without too much damage or better still, the experts have got it wrong.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It's a very windy spot here at the best of times. I'm quite high, and the land falls away on three sides around me, and I'm within a couple of miles of the sea on three sides.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sounds as though you're well prepared for whatever Ophelia has on offer, LadyA. I hope @HillyBilly is too. I think we're in the orange bit here in Wales so expect it might get a bit lively!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thinking of you Lady A. Let's hope the storms are not as severe as predicted.

Since the error when the hurricane of 1987 in the south east of England was played down, I've noticed many severe forecasts haven't been as bad as expected. Being prepared for the worst is sensible but fingers crossed the worst won't happen.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well, all schools and colleges are closed tomorrow, a lot of businesses are closed, buses aren't running. In the town where dau lives, there are a few housing estates that are too close to the sea, and too low for my comfort! They've been flooded before during bad storms. Stupid, to build on reclaimed land! The sea takes it back, sooner or later!