So, here we are.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
But it's also a worry - because as I get older, I won't be able to manage it, and SIL is way too busy! He can barely manage to get my hedge cut once a year, and it could do with being cut twice. All the lawn mowing, at the moment, I manage fairly well. But in years to come? But I guess that's not today's problem! "Do not worry about tomorrow, because each day has enough trouble of its own."

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Today, I went off for a walk on the cliffs with dau. It was very windy and a bit chilly, but then the sun came out and it got too warm for my rain jacket (because it was also showery). My knee was a bit painful, as the path is very up and down and you have to watch your footing, and there's a lot of clambering over stiles and things - but I do believe it did me a world of good. Not only the exercise, but to be up on the cliffs overlooking the sea and the fresh air.

When we got back, we had home-made tomato & veg soup with rolls - ham, hard boiled egg, cucumber & tomato. Delicious!

I mailed off two pieces of correspondence, and received by email, and paid by electronic transfer the final account from the nursing home. A jolly good day's work! If you count the cliff walk as "work"!:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sea air always blows the cobwebs away.

I've got sea within a couple of miles on three sides! I surely shouldn't have any cobwebs. It does make for a lot of windy weather though - and filthy windows, because of the salt in the wind!

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Lady A sea air all round, wonderful. We love sea air .
Sounds a grand day x

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I've got sea within a couple of miles on three sides! I surely shouldn't have any cobwebs. It does make for a lot of windy weather though - and filthy windows, because of the salt in the wind!

I'm so jealous. :eek:
Hope you slept well.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
There are some truly vile people in this world. I've had a horrible email from a man who tormented William for years. I have blocked his email address, but have a bad feeling.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
There are some truly vile people in this world. I've had a horrible email from a man who tormented William for years. I have blocked his email address, but have a bad feeling.

I'm so sorry to read this :(

I have no idea, but do you think it would be worth contacting the police about this person?

Oh LadyA. It's awful and I do feel for you. Hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
That's dreadful. I'm so sorry to read this.
Blocking yes but I suppose that doesn't negate the problem.
Could this be seen as harassment?
If so, I'd contact a solicitor or, as 2jays has suggested, the police though I'm not sure they'd be interested if he hasn't actually threatened you. x

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Oh LadyA , that's awful. What's wrong with some people:confused:
I'd try speaking to the police as he has history of this in the past. Xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've sent it to William's favourite son in law, a very sensible and intelligent man. Will see what he says. I realise the people involved must be mentally ill, but this has gone too long. I blame this for some of William's health problems leading to his dementia.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
William's son in law has advised that for now, just block the person. If I hear more, then probably go to the authorities. Meanwhile I've also locked my privacy on FB down even more. Now, no-one can post anything on my "wall" except me, Anything anybody tags me in has to be reviewed by me, I had already hidden my friends list so no-one can see who my friends are. That's about as much as I can do for the moment. I went and cried on a friend's shoulder about it this afternoon, and told her the whole story. I did feel better afterward, but since I came home, I'm just so jumpy - hoping the phone won't ring, nervous looking in the mailbox, obsessively checking the emails, even though I've blocked him.

I've been crying all day about this, and feel physically sick. And it should have been a good day, because I got William's painting back - the one he did in art therapy classes several years ago, and his daughter advised me to get it professionally framed and keep it. It looks really good - not great art by any means, but I've seen a lot worse hanging on walls! I'm really pleased with it. It's pretty heavy though, so I'll have to get one of my brothers out to put a solid screw or something in the wall to hang it by. The framer told me not to use one of those little plug things, as it won't be strong enough.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I hope you hear no more from that horrible person. You don't deserve any of this particularly at this time in your life. So pleased to hear about William's painting. The squash are doing great. Thanks so much for your kindness in sending the seeds. G L