So grateful to other TP members

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by CHESS, Jan 18, 2008.

1. CHESS

CHESS Registered User

May 14, 2006
    LANCS.
    My Mum, who has AD, has been much more confused than usual for the last couple of days. She has had a bit of a cough and seemed to be out of breath more easily than is normal for her. As she was putting on her coat this afternoon, I realized her breathing was much worse, and that she was holding onto the bed. I asked her if her chest was feeling tight and she said that it was, a bit. "Aha!", I thought; a chest infection would account for the added confusion. I had read about it many times on TP. Off we went to our local walk-in centre; only one person waiting before us; saw a lovely nurse; slightly raised temperature and wheezing on one side. We came out with a prescription for antibiotics and, hopefully, my Mum will be feeling better soon. Thanks to you all. You help without even being asked.

Best wishes to you all.

2. Doreen99

Doreen99 Registered User

Jan 12, 2008
    Sheffield
    Hi Chess

wow - this really is a brilliant forum! Help supplied without even being requested!!

As a newcomer, I'm gradually reading through the various threads and I'm also picking up useful information.

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Glad it helped chess, and also glad you were able to get immediate treatment. I wish we had that sort of service here!

I know I go on to the point of boredom about infections, but having seen the effect on John of one that wasn't picked up, it's one message that bears repeating often.

Hope your mum will be better soon.

Love,

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Well done CHESS for having the presence of mind to add two and two and make four.
    It will be interesting to see if your mother`s chest infection clears quickly because of early intervention. I hope so.
    Love xx

5. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Dear Chess,
    You are so right! I often find myself reminded of things I've read on TP when I'm with Mum. Even just knowing others are / have experienced the same thing is helpful. Knowing what to do in certain circumstances because you've read about it is a huge help.

Do hope your Mum gets better quickly and that her confusion lessens as a result.

6. CHESS

CHESS Registered User

May 14, 2006
    LANCS.
    Thanks for all the replies wishing my Mum a speedy recovery. I'll let you know how she gets on. She went into Manchester with my sister today so, hopefully, we've got it in time.