So Fed Up with all my Symptoms

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
No ideas or suggestions but I have suffered from fatigue (during and after cancer treatment) so I have lots of empathy and sympathy. My daughter suffers from fatigue hers is put down to Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , depending on which medical person she’s talking to.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Thank you all for taking the trouble to reply. I'm not aware of having had an infection. T he first time this fatigue hit me It really frightened me as I got home and couldn't even unpack my shopping and just had to go straight to bed. That was over 18 months ago and it's become normal now. But it's clearly not normal. Of course I don't want a dementia diagnosis, though I think it's almost a certainty now. Dementia fatigue might then be an explanation. I''m trying to get a new GP who will take this seriously.

Happy Hampton

Feb 22, 2022
Mostly I just try to keep calm and carry on even though everything is getting harder - organising, thinking, doing, just being.
Then I have a run of events which makes my deterioration undeniable, it exasperates me and I've got no-one to discuss it with. Left the oven on 220 degrees for 3 days, left my handbag on the front seat of the car with the door unlocked and window wide open in the supermarket car park, left half the ingredients for my lunch on the kitchen worktop and didn't realise until I took my empty plate back etc, etc.
I've been to the memory clinic and had all the tests which I pass with flying colours. They say depression is my problem. From reading this forum I understand that happens quite often.
I'm running out of steam - that's another thing - overwhelming tiredness after doing very little, so I'll stop here. Just like to find other people who feel like me. It's so lonely.
I’ve suffered from depression for years and I believe you can tell the difference. I know I can. Depression is a big part of dementia but only one piece. Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion? I’m new here and I’m looking for others to talk to. I talk about m dementia a lot but so many people have trouble hearing about it. It helps me. So, you just stay right here and we’ll talk to you all you want. You aren’t alone. Hugs. ❤️

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I’m new here and I’m looking for others to talk to. I talk about m dementia a lot but so many people have trouble hearing about it. It helps me

Hello @Happy Hampton

It might help you get the support you need if you start your own Thread in the section I have dementia.

This won`t stop you from joining discussions on other sections but will keep all your personal discussions in one place for easier access.

Happy Hampton

Feb 22, 2022
Hello @Happy Hampton

It might help you get the support you need if you start your own Thread in the section I have dementia.

This won`t stop you from joining discussions on other sections but will keep all your personal discussions in one place for easier access.

Thank you so much. ❤️

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Hello @HappyHampton
Thank you for responding. You're right that many people have trouble hearing about dementia. Peer support is very important so I hope you will take up Sylvia's suggestion. I look forward to reading your posts and wish you all the best.

Happy Hampton

Feb 22, 2022
Hello @HappyHampton
Thank you for responding. You're right that many people have trouble hearing about dementia. Peer support is very important so I hope you will take up Sylvia's suggestion. I look forward to reading your posts and wish you all the best.
Thanks for the support! Maybe God sent me here to help carers understand the disease better. My life has been awesome but my time is short. I still have a purpose in life and I have a short time to do that before this terminal brain disease takes complete control over me. Love.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
I'm in need of some practical help if anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful. I'm taking steps to make my life easier and simpler so I bought a Shark hoover to replace my old one. This operates with a rechargeable battery so no cable to worry about. I charged it for the first time last week and then I thought hard about where to put the charger as I knew I could easily forget. So I put it somewhere extremely logical and sensible but now I don't know where. Where would be a logical, sensible place to put it? Next to where I keep the hoover but the hoover doesn't have a place yet.

I've had workmen in for a week which has been a nightmare so my malfunctioning brain is in worse state.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Where would be a logical, sensible place to put it? Next to where I keep the hoover but the hoover doesn't have a place yet.

Cupboard under the sink.

Cupboard where you keep brushes and mop.

Drawer in the kitchen

I keep mine in a small cupboard in the bedroom where I keep umbrellas, rainwear and other waterproofs

Place for spare plugs and cables

I hope you find it.

PippaS

Jan 3, 2022
Dementia Fatigue - I put this into the search engine but it brought up every post containing the word dementia! so no help at all. Please can you throw light on how this manifests itself?

I've suspected for a while that the tiredness I experience might be dementia fatigue (no dementia diagnosis but this will be my 5th year at the memory clinic, all symptoms getting worse but still sailing through the tests . . . ). It's got progressively worse to the point where it's dominating my life. All appointments, shopping, outings, have to be arranged around my need to sleep. I get up between 7.30 and 8. Some days as early as 11 my head starts to spin a bit, I feel quite dazed and the smallest chore like chopping veg is exhausting. My thinking is very laboured. It makes me huff and puff and blow my cheeks out. You'd think I was on Masterchef rather than preparing a salad in my own kitchen. I try to delay my sleep until after lunch because then I can call it a siesta which makes it sound quite acceptable.

But sometimes I can barely stand up and just have to go to bed before lunch. I set the alarm for an hour's sleep then I'm ok until the evening when I just have something to eat and watch tv and fall asleep. GP gave me blood tests last year and found vit D at bottom of range but everything else fine. Vit D levels now good but absolutely no improvement with fatigue. Saw my GP again last week. She said the blood tests showed there was nothing physically wrong with me.

From your experience, please tell me if this sounds like dementia fatigue?
I googled “fatigue dementia” and this brought up quite a lot of references to extreme fatigue and dementia which you might be able to look at and discuss with your GP?

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Thank you, Grannie G, but the workmen were putting in a kitchen so no kitchen cupboards to look in but the other suggestions were helpful and I looked in the cupboard where I keep spare batteries but no luck. Any more ideas are more than welcome as I need to use the hoover soon.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Thank you, Grannie G, but the workmen were putting in a kitchen so no kitchen cupboards to look in but the other suggestions were helpful and I looked in the cupboard where I keep spare batteries but no luck. Any more ideas are more than welcome as I need to use the hoover soon.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Thank you very much for your replies. I've been delayed coming back to post as the workmen returned to finish the kitchen.

Bedside cabinet?
Bathroom cupboard?
Next to where you would plug it in?
Thank you canary. Looking in the bedside cabinet gave me a what I thought was a brainwave but no.

in the power point where you charged it - thats where i keep mine, in a bag with hoover attachments,
Thank you, jennifer 1967. The bag with the hoover attachments was my brainwave, logical and sensible and that is where the charger will go when I find it as I do know where I hang my attachments bag.

Now the kitchen is finished I will start to return things to my new cupboards and desperately hope the charger will turn up during that process. Of course I'll let you know when, and where, it turns up. Soon, I hope. Thanks again.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
@ PippaS. Thank you. Google was where I started looking for info on dementia fatigue. It's all quite academic so I turned to Dementia Talking Point for real world information. The thing is, as mentioned elsewhere on the forum, those with dementia are few and far between here to tell me if and how they've experienced dementia fatigue.

I googled “fatigue dementia” and this brought up quite a lot of references to extreme fatigue and dementia which you might be able to look at and discuss with your GP?
(my bold italics) You weren't to know but this suggestion is so far away from my reality! Last meeting with GP I decided I was going to be emphatic about her investigating this fatigue - so far all she's done over a period of more than 18 months is to give me blood tests, find my vitamin D was only just acceptable and prescribe vitamin D treatment then wait several months to give the treatment time to work. It made no difference. Her reaction to my insistence was to tell me to find another GP, knowing in rural France it's very hard to find a GP who'll take on new patients. I haven't succeeded in finding one yet.