So Fed Up with all my Symptoms

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
I wish I could help with suggestions but I am still trying to find the attachment for my food sealing unit which is likewise in a logical and sensible place although that appears not to be in the kitchen!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I found a useful website about dementia fatigue. It is American, so it talks about your Primary Care Physician instead of your GP and I dont believe that a Mediterranean diet will slow down dementia, but the rest seems pretty good.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Found it! Happy days! In a place neither sensible nor logical. I must have got distracted and just put it down for a minute on my way to a sensible, logical place. That's how it happens. Now it goes in my accesory bag. Thank you all for your help.

Thank you, canary for that link.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Excellent!

As you have new kitchen cupboards, everything is going to be in a new place! As you're putting things away, could you make a list as you're doing it, detailing where you're putting things so you can find them in future?

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Excellent!

As you have new kitchen cupboards, everything is going to be in a new place! As you're putting things away, could you make a list as you're doing it, detailing where you're putting things so you can find them in future?
Maybe stick a notice on cupboards for a while until you get used to where things are? After I had my kitchen refitted I had to find new places for things and I was forever trying to work out where I’d put them. When things have been in the same places for years and get moved it is really hard to remember where they are now!

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Excellent!

Maybe stick a notice on cupboards for a while until you get used to where things are? After I had my kitchen refitted I had to find new places for things and I was forever trying to work out where I’d put them. When things have been in the same places for years and get moved it is really hard to remember where they are now!
Brilliant ideas! Thank you both. When looking for things, I still have a picture in my mind's eye of where they were in the old house. That was 3 months ago now. Since then I've had a makeshift kitchen in the new house and now things are on the move again. That's very helpful advice. :)

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
So I put it somewhere extremely logical and sensible but now I don't know where. Where would be a logical, sensible place to put it?
this made me smile (in a nice way!) i often cant find things here, so i stop and say to myself...where would He put it...... it isnt always in the logical place as like you He gets distracted and puts thing down on route, but mostly I can find things ...if not i say to him...if you couldn't find '.....' where would you start looking.... and he usually goes straight to it, not at all where it should be. ...the other day He was looking for something and I hear him say..... someone keeps moving these cupboards around, i am sure this one should be over there, they are never in the same place twice! not that He had put things in the wrong place....the cupboard had moved!
It must be so hard for you to go through this on your own. Good luck in your new house, I hope it soon becomes home.

Last edited:

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Thank you for your good wishes, silver'lantern. One of the many reasons for moving to a smaller house was that there would be fewer places to look when I lose something and that has helped already. The old house was big and rambling with outbuildings so it took an eternity to check out all the possible hiding places and I used to drive myself mad searching.
Best wishes to you and your husband. There's a lot to look forward to at this time of year.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
I am devastated this morning as my spinning head and fatigue is already with me at 9.30 a.m. I have had an abnormal amount to do, many things to sort out, people to talk to since waking up at 7.30. So lots of thinking, lots of making my brain work hard. I feel sure now that my suspicion is confirmed and this is dementia fatigue. Bad enough to have dementia but to be condemned to spend so much of the time that's left to me curled up in bed ...... it's just not fair. No, of course nothing about dementia is fair.

But I haven't got dementia according to the Memory Clinic! Had my umpteenth visit since 2017 just last week and aced all the tests. Verdict is as before. My recall is slow but everything else is fine. IT ISN'T!!!

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Something so strange happened and it makes me very worried. I feel I might have gone downhill a lot in a short time. I withdrew 220€ in cash because I was having a big job done in the garden and I put it underneath a vase on the kitchen table. I paid the workers 200€ which left 20€. A neighbour came in for tea just before the workers left and then I noticed there was only 10€ left under the vase. I mentioned it and asked if he'd ever known a cash dispenser get the amount wrong. (Yes, just a tiny part of me thought he might have pinched it). Later in the evening I found a 10€ note neatly folded inside my mobile phone cover. I have absolutely no recollection of putting it there and don't know what my reasoning might have been. Trying to figure it out made my head reel.

Worse was to come as the following morning I opened the cutlery drawer and found the missing 10€ note! I know it was the missing one as it had no folds in it. This was such a huge shock and made my head reel even more. This was so perplexing and upsetting and it's taken more than a day to recover.

The title of this thread is wrong as I do have people to talk to but not about things like this. So it should be "so fed up with all my symptoms but no-one to talk to about TTTND ( This Thing That's Not Dementia)! They say it's not. I'm more and more convinced it is. Whatever name you give it, it's making everyday life harder and harder and very worrying.

I will be more careful with my money in future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger