So Fed Up with all my Symptoms

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I didn't mention losing things and how exhausting it is trying to find them again. It can take up so much of my day.

This afternoon I lost my house keys and I was going backwards and forwards from the car to my handbag and back again thinking if they're not in one place they must be in the other. But no. This is the first time I've lost my house keys. I know they're not really lost. They're here somewhere. I will have another look later.

A worrying thing is when I go to get something and it's not in its normal place my first thought is that someone has stolen it - that being the only possible reason it's not where it should be. This is worrying for two reasons. Firstly, I know quite well that nobody has been in my house and secondly it worries me because I've read so many times about PWD accusing other people of theft and I just worry if it's another sign. So often I eventually find what I'm searching for in the first place I looked.
Firstly, you and @Alder have my utmost admiration. It's truly fascinating to read your posts about how your mind is (or isn't!) processing things, so thanks for posting.

The thing you said about assuming something has been stolen is particularly interesting. As you say, it comes up time and again on this forum. I wonder why your mind immediately jumps from 'I can't find it,' to 'Someone must have stolen it!' How come you first thought isn't, 'I must have put it somewhere else/maybe it's in my handbag or on the kitchen table...'? I don't have any answers - I'm just curious about why your immediate thought is 'theft'. Is it the logic factor perhaps? Clearly, you still have that and are able to think things through. Perhaps without logic theft is the conclusion we would all come to!

My mother thought people hid under her care home bed during the day (invisibly...) and came out during the night to steal her things (it was always her favourite flowery knickers) and break her glasses. Logic gone. Completely.

Alder

Mar 27, 2021
@Jaded and faded
Thanks for your reply. Yes sometimes things don’t make sense but I have not immediately thought about things being stolen.
When I was a teenager I worked in a geriatric hospital and many patients there thought that you were just there to steel their handbags and could be quite aggressive protecting their purse. I learnt a lot from that experience and could see how logic was somehow lost and confusion of mind. I guess if they did not really know where they were or who we were, they needed to cling on to something that they ‘knew’ and so that became their grounding point.
I sometimes get confused. Having dreamt of a dog I woke up looking for it and it took a while to process that it was a dream and not reality. So when I go into my kitchen and think this is not my kitchen( I’m usually looking for lights that are not there), I have to take a step back and say my mind is up to trucks again and I am able to revthink things( if that makes sense)
Unfortunately I believe that some people obviously loose this ability so they are operating in a ‘space’
I have experienced if myself in that there is nothing to hold on to… nothing definite to hold on to…. You cannot find it …..
But fortunately I realise this and have enough sense of myself to work it out.
I feel people with dementia may have lost that ability and thus cannot use logic to find their way back. I don’t know if this makes sense!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
@Jaded and faded
Thanks for your reply. Yes sometimes things don’t make sense but I have not immediately thought about things being stolen.
When I was a teenager I worked in a geriatric hospital and many patients there thought that you were just there to steel their handbags and could be quite aggressive protecting their purse. I learnt a lot from that experience and could see how logic was somehow lost and confusion of mind. I guess if they did not really know where they were or who we were, they needed to cling on to something that they ‘knew’ and so that became their grounding point.
I sometimes get confused. Having dreamt of a dog I woke up looking for it and it took a while to process that it was a dream and not reality. So when I go into my kitchen and think this is not my kitchen( I’m usually looking for lights that are not there), I have to take a step back and say my mind is up to trucks again and I am able to revthink things( if that makes sense)
Unfortunately I believe that some people obviously loose this ability so they are operating in a ‘space’
I have experienced if myself in that there is nothing to hold on to… nothing definite to hold on to…. You cannot find it …..
But fortunately I realise this and have enough sense of myself to work it out.
I feel people with dementia may have lost that ability and thus cannot use logic to find their way back. I don’t know if this makes sense!
Fascinating! It must be really scary to walk into the kitchen and think, 'This is not my kitchen!'

As you are able to reason and work your way back to reality, would it help to tape up a notice near the lightswitch that said, 'This is definitely your kitchen! If it doesn't look right, don't forget your mind may be playing tricks again!'

Is there anything in the ktchen that always 'clues you in' that it is yours? Maybe when you see the toaster (or whatever) you suddenly recognise everything? If so, you could add that to your notice - Look at the toaster! Or maybe something like that would seem weirdly Big Brother or conspiratorial?

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Just to say I've been reading the posts with great interest and would like to say thanks and reply to some points raised. But I had another too busy day yesterday (it doesn't have to be very busy to be too busy for me) , didn't have my siesta and consequently a spinning head long before evening came. This tiredness makes it so hard to process information and formulate thoughts. Plus I had a new computer yesterday with Windows 10. I had managed to stick with Windows 7 until now. Finding it so hard.

Hope the sun shines where you are.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I think most of us have noticed that when a person is tired, especially if they've 'done things' that day, processing info is much harder for them. I wonder if this explains 'sundowning'? The person is just completely worn out by late afternoon, after a day of concentrated thinking, so things start to go a bit haywire... I've also seen that in the earlier stages, the person can sometimes think 'sensibly/rationally' for a time if they make a big effort, even more so if someone they know is there to prompt and keep them grounded. Perhaps this explains the phenomenon we know as 'host/hostess mode' too. That's where a person with dementia is suddenly able to appear/behave normally for a short period of time, often seen during a meeting with a health professional, family member, social worker or similar. It's as though the person realises they need to 'keep it all together' in the presence of this person. Once they've gone, the person slips back into their 'usual' behaviour and is often very tired, maybe not even remembering the 'important' meeting.

Having said that, when I changed over to Windows 10 a few years ago it took me a good while to get my head round it! (I don't have dementia...)

Forgive me for musing on your thread! But I think we can learn so much from people who actually have dementia/MCI and are able to tell us what it's like for them on a daily basis. So thank you again!

Alder

Mar 27, 2021
@Tricot and @ Jaded and Faded
Yes it does not take much to make one tired and then things get worse for me especially as the day goes on.
As my son told me, thinking involves effort and energy so that’s why you get so tired!
We tend to think as tiredness is to do with physical activity but in this case it’s having to function on many levels.
As for drs appointments I can be articulate yet at other times not quite able to understand what is said and then forgetting it afterwards.
I think it’s important to have hearing checked. I needed hearing aids and as I also had bad cataracts then this definitely has not helped. I have my second op next week and so hope my mobility will be better as well as brain function.
Someone sonewhere( sorry I forgot) said your brain can be like a set of fairy lights. Sometimes the circuit all works but then other times not all the bulbs light up. I think it’s a good analogy.

Another pioneer in dementia care( sorry also forgotten who), has noticed where deficits occur and ave Targaryen those deficits precisely so that the brain could relearn. I have taken this on board.
For example I had forgotten how to bake and found recipes too daunting. So I started step by step with having ingredients ar hand for me, weighed etc and started re learning the sequence. I can now bake sponge cakes without help if use a recipe and can halve them number of eggs needed to dry ingredients etc I put Alexa on to tell me when to check the oven or else I am likely to forget I had baked and this has been most successful approach to me.
Some days I can be articulate but other days mix up words and cannot sequence thoughts. However I seem better at writing it down but other times I feel frustrated because even that is not smooth.

My advice would be to break down tasks in order to get used to the new computer etc
There will be a level of frustration and despair at times because we are self aware of limitations but have to have a degree of patience and get to understand that tomorrow might be a better day than today.

I think the advice given by others on this thread about key finders etc is a good one.
There are products out there that can help .

PS hope you found your keys and good luck with the computer! Someone suggested you keep a log of symptoms and go and discuss it with doctor… that is also a good idea xx
Thank you everyone! Xxx

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Thank you Cazita. I thought I had edited the post to put paragraphs in but it doesn't seem to have "taken".

I've suffered from depression on and off all my adult life. Its treatment resistant though I would try anything if I thought it would help. So I know very well what depression feels like and and I know very well the symptoms I described are something else.

The GP considered her job done once she referred me to the memory clinic. Would love to find a new one but it's very hard to get on a GP's list unless you are a new arrival to the area.
Yes, depression sucks but you know what it is at least and you know your own mind and body more than any doctor does too. The GPs probably don't know what else to do but refer people to a memory clinic and after that you may be diagnosed, you are still pretty much left to fend for yourself. The good thing about this site is that there is so much experience of some or all of what you are going through and will go through and people can help. It's important to keep sharing and know that you are listened to and people will respond, with practical and emotional advice. Take care and I hope you get some relief soon.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Yes, depression sucks but you know what it is at least and you know your own mind and body more than any doctor does too. The GPs probably don't know what else to do but refer people to a memory clinic and after that you may be diagnosed, you are still pretty much left to fend for yourself. The good thing about this site is that there is so much experience of some or all of what you are going through and will go through and people can help. It's important to keep sharing and know that you are listened to and people will respond, with practical and emotional advice. Take care and I hope you get some relief soon.
My life has become so much worse. I realised I'm really quite ill and need some help. It has taken me a long time to finally put the house on the market. Now the first person who came to visit made an offer and it's going ahead.

I'm in a state of shock that things have happened so fast. I don't know where I will move to and and I'm very worried that losing the familiarity I have with my current home will just push me over the edge. I keep bursting into tears and wondering how my life became such a mess.

I rang the memory clinic but they can't give me an appointment until October. A diagnosis won't make any difference but what I'm wanting is some support. Until my husband went into hospital I was seeing a psychologist there every few weeks just to talk. I rang her a few months ago go and she said she couldn't see me because of covid but that she would get someone to ring me. No-one rang.

My cat had an operation last Friday and he has to stay indoors for 10 days which is so hard for him and for me. I am so worried I might leave the door open and he gets out. It demands so much concentration.

I appreciate the support you give me here. No-one else knows what this is like or how unwell I am. Just so full of worry now.

@Alder hope your operation went well.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Tricot
I've moved house a few times and it's a stressful process, so it's not surprising that you are feeling worried and tearful
I'm sorry that no-one seems available to talk with you.... maybe give the psychologist another call as with covid restrictions lifting, they may be able to help
there's also the Support line which may be able to arrange a volunteer call for you ... the advisors are very approachable and helpful so do have a chat

I hope your cat is recovering well ... does he have a bell on his collar, so you can hear where he is?

Alder

Mar 27, 2021
Hello there
My life has become so much worse. I realised I'm really quite ill and need some help. It has taken me a long time to finally put the house on the market. Now the first person who came to visit made an offer and it's going ahead.

I'm in a state of shock that things have happened so fast. I don't know where I will move to and and I'm very worried that losing the familiarity I have with my current home will just push me over the edge. I keep bursting into tears and wondering how my life became such a mess.

I rang the memory clinic but they can't give me an appointment until October. A diagnosis won't make any difference but what I'm wanting is some support. Until my husband went into hospital I was seeing a psychologist there every few weeks just to talk. I rang her a few months ago go and she said she couldn't see me because of covid but that she would get someone to ring me. No-one rang.

My cat had an operation last Friday and he has to stay indoors for 10 days which is so hard for him and for me. I am so worried I might leave the door open and he gets out. It demands so much concentration.

I appreciate the support you give me here. No-one else knows what this is like or how unwell I am. Just so full of worry now.

@Alder hope your operation went well

Alder

Mar 27, 2021
Hello @Tricot
Glad to hear from you but of course very sorry to hear how you are struggling.
You have so much going on I really feel for you.
Please give your GP a call again.
It’s so frustrating that you need support and you need it now not later.
Please try a d keep messaging on here because there are knowledgeable and supportive folk on here who know much more than me.

I quite understand how worrying these symptoms are. Have you got underlying health conditions that might be making the symptoms worse?

I know that if I am under a little stress I seem to fall to pieces.I had a horrible experience in town the other day when I had my back towards people a d I was looking over a bridge. I did t know where my partner was. Then I heard a voice behind me( which was a person on the phone) but I jumped in a complete over reaction.( shouted out)
Then the noise from building works disturbed me so I was confused and felt dismayed. So you see, it was a reaction trying to work out what to do and then a sense of threat which led to an over reaction.
So what I am trying to say is you are under stress / house/ death/ decision making/ dog./ worry about your own confusion. It is a horrible experience. So symptoms in my experience get much worse, the lack of concentration, short time memory loss, confusion and anxiety about trying to manage everything whilst your brain does not want to cope with its load.
Wish you had someone to help you through this.
I would definitely phone and ask for help again.
Have you got a friend or relative to help at all?
I don’t remember mentioning my op! But it’s on Friday. I have already had one cataract op which has made a big difference to me.
With very best wishesTry and rest up because tiredness makes everything much worse.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
hi @Tricot
I've moved house a few times and it's a stressful process, so it's not surprising that you are feeling worried and tearful
I'm sorry that no-one seems available to talk with you.... maybe give the psychologist another call as with covid restrictions lifting, they may be able to help
there's also the Support line which may be able to arrange a volunteer call for you ... the advisors are very approachable and helpful so do have a chat

I hope your cat is recovering well ... does he have a bell on his collar, so you can hear where he is?
Thank you for your response. I did try to contact the psychologist yesterday but she's on holiday and they don't know how long for. (Really?) So yesterday i tried for psychologist, psychiatrist and memory clinic. It was my worst day. A little brighter today thank goodness. Needing sleep doesn't help.

My cat does have a collar with a bell but not wearing it now because he has a cone to protect his ears. He is very sad. This is day 4 of 10. Back to vets for a checkup on Friday.

I don't think the support line is available to me as I live in France. Would probably be better off in an English speaking country with my troubles. That's part of my dilemma.
Hello @Tricot
Please try a d keep messaging on here because there are knowledgeable and supportive folk on here who know much more than me.

I quite understand how worrying these symptoms are. Have you got underlying health conditions that might be making the symptoms worse?

I know that if I am under a little stress I seem to fall to pieces.I had a horrible experience in town the other day when I had my back towards people a d I was looking over a bridge. I did t know where my partner was. Then I heard a voice behind me( which was a person on the phone) but I jumped in a complete over reaction.( shouted out)
Then the noise from building works disturbed me so I was confused and felt dismayed. So you see, it was a reaction trying to work out what to do and then a sense of threat which led to an over reaction.
So what I am trying to say is you are under stress / house/ death/ decision making/ dog./ worry about your own confusion. It is a horrible experience. So symptoms in my experience get much worse, the lack of concentration, short time memory loss, confusion and anxiety about trying to manage everything whilst your brain does not want to cope with its load.
I don’t remember mentioning my op! But it’s on Friday. I have already had one cataract op which has made a big difference to me.
With very best wishesTry and rest up because tiredness makes everything much worse.
Hello @Tricot

@Alder I have only just seen your very thoughtful post. Thank you for taking the trouble.

This may sound strange but I believe all these extra characters coming into my life feel like they add a disproportionate amount of confusion and worry. There's the estate agent, the buyers and now some neighbours asked me to feed their cat while they're away. I did it years ago and it's such a small thing but I'm already worrying about remembering each day and wish I'd said no. It means getting the car in and out of the garage every day which I'm finding increasingly difficult.

I went to collect the house key this afternoon and felt like a child pretending to be a grown-up. I had such trouble with the lock and went to write down instructions when I got home but I'd already forgotten. Turn right when opening, left when closing or vice versa and hold handle up for one but not the other. Still, there's only so many combinations before I get it right! I just felt very stupid when they were watching and I kept getting it wrong.

That sounds a frightening episode when you were out and lost your partner. I startle very easily too. I'm adding it to my list of symptoms which was a good suggestion.

No relatives over here or close friends. I have acquaintances. Fortunately no physical illnesses except for a bit of arthritis. Depression has always been my bugbear. Looking back over my life I see how detrimental it's been to me and my poor husband who had to put up with me. Such sadness where there could have been happiness and I'm so sorry for that. He was such a kind man who. would always say "well done, Tricot!" for even the smallest achievements. Now I try to say it to myself when I get things right and I think of him willing me on. I do try to be positive.

My cat has his cheek on mine as I write, purring. I tell him it's day 5 tomorrow, halfway through his 10 days imprisonment. He was born in the woods and has always had his freedom. He's taking this hard.

I wish you well on Friday, Alder. Thank you for your support.

Alder

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you for your response. I did try to contact the psychologist yesterday but she's on holiday and they don't know how long for. (Really?) So yesterday i tried for psychologist, psychiatrist and memory clinic. It was my worst day. A little brighter today thank goodness. Needing sleep doesn't help.

My cat does have a collar with a bell but not wearing it now because he has a cone to protect his ears. He is very sad. This is day 4 of 10. Back to vets for a checkup on Friday.

I don't think the support line is available to me as I live in France. Would probably be better off in an English speaking country with my troubles. That's part of my dilemma.

@Alder I have only just seen your very thoughtful post. Thank you for taking the trouble.

This may sound strange but I believe all these extra characters coming into my life feel like they add a disproportionate amount of confusion and worry. There's the estate agent, the buyers and now some neighbours asked me to feed their cat while they're away. I did it years ago and it's such a small thing but I'm already worrying about remembering each day and wish I'd said no. It means getting the car in and out of the garage every day which I'm finding increasingly difficult.

I went to collect the house key this afternoon and felt like a child pretending to be a grown-up. I had such trouble with the lock and went to write down instructions when I got home but I'd already forgotten. Turn right when opening, left when closing or vice versa and hold handle up for one but not the other. Still, there's only so many combinations before I get it right! I just felt very stupid when they were watching and I kept getting it wrong.

That sounds a frightening episode when you were out and lost your partner. I startle very easily too. I'm adding it to my list of symptoms which was a good suggestion.

No relatives over here or close friends. I have acquaintances. Fortunately no physical illnesses except for a bit of arthritis. Depression has always been my bugbear. Looking back over my life I see how detrimental it's been to me and my poor husband who had to put up with me. Such sadness where there could have been happiness and I'm so sorry for that. He was such a kind man who. would always say "well done, Tricot!" for even the smallest achievements. Now I try to say it to myself when I get things right and I think of him willing me on. I do try to be positive.

My cat has his cheek on mine as I write, purring. I tell him it's day 5 tomorrow, halfway through his 10 days imprisonment. He was born in the woods and has always had his freedom. He's taking this hard.

I wish you well on Friday, Alder. Thank you for your support.
@Tricot
Well done Tricot! You phoned and tried to sort out appointments even though you have to wait for one!
Well done Tricot you have successfully negotiated house sale and had to deal with numerous people( which I understand how confusing and draining that can be!)
Well done for looking after your car and for keeping him safe!
Well done for accepting to help a neighbour even though it feels like an extra burden( it would for me too!) perhaps next time you will consider yourself first and see if it suits you before promising help if it adds to symptoms. Too often I feel it’s hard to say no even though it’s not the best outcome for I self!

Your husband sounds like a wonderful supportive person who loved you very much. Depression is such a debilitating illness and is not easy to bear. However it’s not your fault. So often we can slide into believing that it’s a kind of ‘character flaw’ when it is definitely not. If you had another illness would you blame yourself for it? No you would not.
Life has so many challenges but I think the most significant challenge is to be kind to oneself, not blaming I self for how things turned out.
How wonderful to have had such a living partner and I’m sure he is surrounding you now a d saying’Well done Tricot!
As far as the food lock is concerned, who cares what others think. I find those locks tricky too. I have lived in my flat for years and still have issues and have to think turn it towards the bell to get in. , because to get in you would ring the bell first etc… so trying to make up a little story to help me to remember what I need to do!
It is very annoying I know as we never had to think so carefully before!

Anyway just wanted to check in with you and say I hope you will have a good few days.
Best wishes x

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
@Shedrech Thank you for finding the France Alzheimer site. They have a memory café event in my nearest town but next one not until September. So much shuts down here during the schools' summer holidays. But though there are no events for a while, the association has given me a contact number which is available throughout the hols.

@Alder I can't thank you enough for your very sympathetic post and the kind things you say about my husband. It's so good that we can understand a lot of what each other is going through.

Today is day 6 of 10 of my cat's incarceration. Check-up tomorrow where I'm hoping the vet will say we can take off his protective hood. Day 1 of 10 for feeding neighbour's cat. I opened the door with such ease but closing it was a real trial. In spite of saying there's only so many combinations . . . I tried them all so many times and still couldn't lock the door and was getting very worried and flustered. They had left written instructions on technique! But they missed out a bit. Before lifting the handle up straight it's necessary to turn the key just a little way clockwise. I had to ring someone for help but discovered there was no signal so had one more try and it worked! Such relief. I've now got my own written notes and feel more confident. But I got home and realised I'd forgotten about the litter tray. They didn't leave until late yesterday so it will be ok until tomorrow.

Will you be watching the programme this evening about improving your memory? In the trailer they mention how important it is to focus. I lack concentration and am always doing one thing while thinking about something else. So I look forward to learning some techniques. I do one thing which helps which I read about here. I say out loud eg "I'm putting the dog's lead on the kitchen worktop". It really helps my memory.

All the best to you. Hope all goes well tomorrow and you soon feel the benefit.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France

It sounds a bit more gimmicky in this description but I shall be watching in the hope of gleaning some useful tips.

Alder

Mar 27, 2021
@Shedrech Thank you for finding the France Alzheimer site. They have a memory café event in my nearest town but next one not until September. So much shuts down here during the schools' summer holidays. But though there are no events for a while, the association has given me a contact number which is available throughout the hols.

@Alder I can't thank you enough for your very sympathetic post and the kind things you say about my husband. It's so good that we can understand a lot of what each other is going through.

Today is day 6 of 10 of my cat's incarceration. Check-up tomorrow where I'm hoping the vet will say we can take off his protective hood. Day 1 of 10 for feeding neighbour's cat. I opened the door with such ease but closing it was a real trial. In spite of saying there's only so many combinations . . . I tried them all so many times and still couldn't lock the door and was getting very worried and flustered. They had left written instructions on technique! But they missed out a bit. Before lifting the handle up straight it's necessary to turn the key just a little way clockwise. I had to ring someone for help but discovered there was no signal so had one more try and it worked! Such relief. I've now got my own written notes and feel more confident. But I got home and realised I'd forgotten about the litter tray. They didn't leave until late yesterday so it will be ok until tomorrow.

Will you be watching the programme this evening about improving your memory? In the trailer they mention how important it is to focus. I lack concentration and am always doing one thing while thinking about something else. So I look forward to learning some techniques. I do one thing which helps which I read about here. I say out loud eg "I'm putting the dog's lead on the kitchen worktop". It really helps my memory.

All the best to you. Hope all goes well tomorrow and you soon feel the benefit.
@Tricot
Hello.
Is it hot in your area?
Anyway Well done Tricot! You sorted out that door that was tricky. Hope pussy cat is better and the other cat is not causing you too many issues! Again well done!

I watched the memory programme( part at least), and some of the trucks used were what I used to do in the past and try now. Hooking my mind into stuff to prompt. Also it is a good idea to vocalise out loud saying’im putting my keys in the bowl’ because that gives bio feedback to your memory centre.

Hope you get to try out a few ideas.

hope you are getting enough rest as that is so important. If there is too much going on I tend to become very dysfunctional. One day at a time and one thing at a time now.

After all the stressful events you need to give yourself a big Pat in the back because you have done many things to help yourself despite difficulties.

my eye op went ok and it’s great to be able to see at last. Thank you.

Hope you enjoy your weekend and I’m sending best wishes for your happiness xxx

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
@Aldis Thank you, I'm pleased to read your op went well and you're seeing better. We do tend to take the workings of our bodies for granted until they go wrong, then realise how precious they are.

I have some good news as the psychologist rang this morning and gave me an appointment for Thursday. I will be working hard on my list of symptoms before I go. Things have worsened so much since I last saw her about 18 months ago. Not that she can fix anything but it will be good to be listened to and taken seriously face to face. She may have some suggestions for help.

More good news as my little cat _ not really little at 6.3 kg! - will have his own freedom day tomorrow. Stitches out, cone off and into the garden! He will be so happy and so will I. He was born and spent his first 5 weeks in the woods and always had his liberty so being kept indoors must seem like a punishment. Thank goodness the 10 days confinement are nearly over.

This tiredness is getting me down. Today I couldn't even call it a siesta as I had to go to bed before lunch after a busy morning. I got home and could barely stand, head spinning, just didn't have the enegy to get lunch ready so went to bed for an hour.

Yes, it is hot here, too hot for me. Each summer I find the heat harder to take. So my moving plans may mean looking further north to cooler climes. I know it's unusually hot for you in the UK too. Do you find it debilitating?

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I have friends in the south of France and used to go there for a few weeks in the summer. But the last time I spent most of the time stuck in the house because it was just too hot to go out, so I no longer go.

Right now it's just as bad here! I am sitting here exhausted (though I haven't done anything) when I really need to do some work. My poor feet and ankles are really swollen and the skin is so tight and uncomfortable :(

Glad your little cat is better - what did he need stitches for? Perhaps you could post a pic on my 'Cats' thread in the Tea Room forum? My 4 are stretched out asleep around the house!

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
@ Jaded'n'faded Sorry you're suffering with the heat. It's not pleasant when it's too hot and you can't get on with your life. I'll put a photo in the 'Cats' thread. :)