So far so good

maude

Nov 18, 2006
Hi all
has been a while since i have posted a note. Mum has now been on Aricept, increased from 5mg initially to 10mg, for nearly 3 months and I am happy to say that the improvement has been immense. We as a family feel so blessed that we were finally able to get mum to attend the clinic and be fortunate enough to get the medication prescribed. She is due to have a memory test again very soon in the comfort of her own home which is great. There are still times when you looks very much in a world of her own but we realise she is probably still trying to work out what is happening to her. It has been a great boost for dad and all of us to maintain a level of normality in our lives. Sometimes though I feel as though mum is hiding some of her memory problems because she is so afraid. She bluffs her way through conversations but overall I can say I have my mum back again, warts and all!!!! But I love it . I know there are no guarantees but whilst we have this extra time we are going to make the very best of it.
Thank you all for you support and advice when everything seemed so hopeless. I wish you all the best and you are in my thoughts.
Will keep you posted and stay in touch
Love
Maude

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks for the update, Maude. I'm glad your mum's doing so well on Aricept.

Let's hope she continues to respond for a long time.

Keep us posted.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s so good to hear of success with Alzheimer drugs. It`s obvious it either works or doesn`t, there don`t seem to be any half measures.

I hope Aricept will help your mother for a long time to come, Maude, and you will enjoy some precious time together.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I hope Aricept will help your mother for a long time to come

So do I thanks for sharing your good new xx .

My mother done really good for the last 5 years , Just progressing slowing now

Sunlight

Feb 12, 2007
It's great to hear such positive news about your mother. I hope it gives you much more time to enjoy together.