So down

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
I woke up this morning and sat on the edge of my bed with hands in head for such a long time. Felt so down. Sat at breakfast table and had orange for brekkie but didnt really notice what was going on around me. Elane put her arms around me and gave me a huge cuddle but to no avail. Some days are so hard even though i have so many things to be grateful for. I wondered and wanted all this to go away and all i want is Elaine to have her life back and for me to get back to some kind of normailty , what ever that is. I must be one of the luckies men alive regarding my wonderful family so why do i get so down and full of awful thoughts? I feel as if i have the world on my shouldres some times and i have never been a worrier. The mood is lifting slightly now as i look forward a liitle to going for a short wallk, i just want to be normal again!! is that such a bad thing??Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Norrms

Hello my friend:) When it hits, it hits hard sometimes:( I know that Alan feels the same way at times but he doesn't have the ability to say:( I can see. The blessing is that he doesn't feel like it all the time and every so often we have to wait until it passes. You don't feel like it all the time Norrms but keep a note of what is currently happening because of the new meds. It could also be a withdrawal from any drugs used during major surgery!! When Alan had his hernia done by the same method as you, he was as high as a kite and he felt marvellous. He was the oldest in there and he was the fittest and the cheeriest post op;) When it wore off, after quite a while, he was rather down and I just presumed it was a withdrawal effect.

Like I said to Larivy yesterday, we love you whether you are up or down and I am sure she won't mind me sharing the flowers with you:D

View attachment flowers1.bmp

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh I`m so sorry Norms. I don`t know how you remain so upbeat most of the time with everything hanging over your head.
You do so well.
You have more than your fair share of trouble so it`s bound to get you down and don`t forget, [how could you] you are still in a post operative state and not yet fully recovered from a serious surgical operation.
You won`t be down for long Norms I`m sure, but it really isn`t surprising you are down now.
Love xx

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Norrms

You sound so desperate and down. This illness brings out the worst in us and that is very sad.

When I do feel down, I sometimes think the best thing to do is to go for a walk in the fresh air.

But you are among friends so don't forgot everyone here.

Bet Wishes

Ken

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Back from walk and a nap

Hello all and thank you for your kind comments, we hada short walk down the seafront and then came back for lunch, Sardines on toast , hadnt had them for ages. Feeling a little better so had a nap for 1 hour to give my heart a rest and keep my consultant happy !!LOL Just sat here having a cup of tea and wondering about the world in general. Just been told me youngest grandaughter and new baby Logan are coming for their tea about 5-30pm so hopefully will lift my spirits,how can they not do??? I am so gratefull and thankful to have friends like all of you, i sometimes wonder how i would manage without you all! Sorry, but even i get a little emotional from time to time. Hope everybody ok, best wishes, Norrms and family

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Norrms

Sardines on toast eh:) You've got me craving now and that's what we'll have for tea;)

Sorry, but even i get a little emotional from time to time.

Thank goodness Norrms:) There's nothing wrong with 'emotional';) If we needed it any other way, we'd all have to become robots:D

And how is baby Logan? Don't forget to take it easy when they come.

Love xx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Take it easy

Hiya Helen, i will, but i must admit i am looking forwrd to giving him a huge cuddle !! he`s so gorgeous, and i know everybody says that about their own but i dont care !!LOL At least he`s not running or wriggling about yet !!LOL Best wishes, Norrms and family.
P.S. thank you for the flowers, they smell divine !!LOL

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Norrms..

Sorry to hear that you had such a "down" start to your day...but it's very normal after surgery to spend a few days "on a high"..(I remember well how euphoric I felt after an emergency appendectomy a few years ago...:D)..only to hit the earth with a huge bang a few days later.

Don't be so hard on yourself Norrms..you're an inspiration to us all..but you too are allowed to have "off" times.

It's great that you feel able to post about them and share them with us...

As a TP family we share the good and the bad..enjoy that little baby Logan....he doesn't know about his extended TP family...:D

I recall seeing a photo of you hugging him recently...lovely..:)

Love xx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you

Thank you Gigi, yes Elaine and me will make a right proper fuss of him when he comes with mum and dad. I will surely tell him of his extended family on TP when he is old enough. Mum Natalie, our grandaughter has asked us to do a roast chicken dinner with the best roast spuds in the world made by her Nannie (Elaine). i might just enjoy a few myself !!LOL Best wishes, Norrms and family xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Roast spuds Norrms, dont let Sylvia Know, hope your little bundle of joy lifts your mood, never mind the sardines i want to sample elaines Christmas Dinner, Trev made me eat sardines and mackerel for a week whilst climbing in the alps, very nutrishous i am sure but i have not touched them since, Hope you awake tomorrow with a lighter heart, and dont forget wednesdays joke, i do not mind if it is a little cheeky, love Pam & Trev

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Believe it or not I had cravings for sardines when I was pregnant. I went off meat immediately and all I ate were sardines.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Norms

Hope you are now feeling abit better and that you had a good time with baby Logan and that you all enjoyed Elaine,s dinner,take care Marian xx