So bizarre !

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Not my dau - just her friends

Oops sorry but still - you must be proud of their achievements
I’m a real mother hen & all the kids friends achievements give me pleasure, also their not so good life experiences I am there to share & support through! Yes that’s clucking you can hear through cyberspace!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Oops sorry but still - you must be proud of their achievements
I’m a real mother hen & all the kids friends achievements give me pleasure, also their not so good life experiences I am there to share & support through! Yes that’s clucking you can hear through cyberspace!

Dau has been ill for 4 years so fairly bittersweet, given the level she was at when she got ill.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Dau has been ill for 4 years so fairly bittersweet, given the level she was at when she got ill.

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope there is possibility for her to regain some better health; & send my love to you both. Understand long term ill health, have had M.E for 20+ years but I’m bloody minded & keep trying to pretend I’m fine!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Oh I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope there is possibility for her to regain some better health; & send my love to you both. Understand long term ill health, have had M.E for 20+ years but I’m bloody minded & keep trying to pretend I’m fine!

The last blood tests were good, in fact 2 in a row, and she is reducing, slowly, her iron tablets - 3 a day for 3 years. She had mumps in August which knocked back her recovery badly, but she can train properly for the first time in 4 years. I think at this point in time it more depends on the lure of party life in 1st year of uni.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
The last blood tests were good, in fact 2 in a row, and she is reducing, slowly, her iron tablets - 3 a day for 3 years. She had mumps in August which knocked back her recovery badly, but she can train properly for the first time in 4 years. I think at this point in time it more depends on the lure of party life in 1st year of uni.

Ah the dreaded iron tablets !
I shall be mainlining spinach etc for two weeks before seeing GP - they are not called iron tablets for nothing!!!

So pleased she’s improving, my daughter has had various genetic (my dodgy genetics) health issues, & it’s horrid to see. Uni life balance is difficult but she managed it!
Wishing her good health & success at uni

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi everybody,
I’m still in hospital! It surprises me as well!
Just bored.

My inflammatory markers have gone back up- I was a day away from going home. If the current ABs don’t work, it’ll be i/v a/bs.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
And now lady in next bed to me died. I’m very sympathetic, but no on has said anything official to those of us left who are compos mentis. So crying relatives all yesterday evening, service this morning for staff ( in the room with loo off it, no warning there is to be no loo or staff for 20 mins, a long time for crossed legs!)
I could go on, but essentially nothing has been done or said to help us. Early on, it was even denied!

Not happy. I know the poor ladies family come first, but the five of us were also there and heard/saw all there was to hear and see.

Stepdaughter coming later, we will go out. Executive decision.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’ve just caught up @Spamar. So sorry to hear you’re in hospital. What a distressing situation re the lady who died.

I do hope you make progress quickly and can get home.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
All depends on blood test results, Izzy. It’s a bit chaotic here this morning, plus short staffed. Things are running late already.

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) @Spamar
Hope the ABs kick in soon

lol had to laugh when I saw your comment @canary.....I presume you mean antibiotics, but where I am ABs is the All Blacks.....sounded as if you were hoping for a beating up from a rugby team! :p:D

@Spamar......adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery, hospitals are depressing at the best of times :(

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
My favourite country, Charlie. My cousin and I went three years ago, after OH died and had a fabulous time. One day I will go back!
Just had a brilliant thought, when/ if I ever get better, maybe another trip would be on the cards?!

Where are you?

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I hope you are feeling better. Any sign of bloods showing better results?

I texted you but maybe you haven't got your phone or changed your no.

We are trying to catch up on things we have neglected now dau at uni. So bought a new to us car. I've been scared ours will fail as I've been doing long journeys for fencing competitions. A work horse skoda again. Savings over new will cover first year uni costs and more. I probably need a new bike. Still have other tweaks to do on vehicles.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I hope you are feeling better. Any sign of bloods showing better results?

I texted you but maybe you haven't got your phone or changed your no.

We are trying to catch up on things we have neglected now dau at uni. So bought a new to us car. I've been scared ours will fail as I've been doing long journeys for fencing competitions. A work horse skoda again. Savings over new will cover first year uni costs and more. I probably need a new bike. Still have other tweaks to do on vehicles.

I’m tweaking a 16 year old beetle, first lot of really big bills!
But don’t want to change the car, love VW & Skoda

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Sorry JM, yes, changed phone, not that I understand these things very well. Have used it so much since being in here ( up to 1hr calls to cousin), I’m running out of whatever it is! I need to get home to use main phone!

I’m waiting on the blood results, still. Yesterday I had three blood tests scattered throughout the day I assume to try and find changing values throughout the day, and try and nail this thing. I must admit I’ve never so bored!
Hospital, you come in ‘fit’ then you get told not to go home/move from the hospital practically under sentence of severe consequences!

Step dau came up yesterday and we had to content ourselves with costa coffee. But did a little shopping, things the paramedics didn’t put in my bag, thick socks, knickers, nighties for instance. On the other hand, they thought I was going for 1-2 days!
And they’re the only ones to give me a drink, it was hours after arriviving at hospitat before I got another!

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
My favourite country, Charlie. My cousin and I went three years ago, after OH died and had a fabulous time. One day I will go back!
Just had a brilliant thought, when/ if I ever get better, maybe another trip would be on the cards?!

Where are you?

We're just north of Wellington, on the coast. Lovely country but have to admit I do miss home.....we came out for my husband's work 14 years ago. If I win the lottery I'll do 6mths here and 6mths there, then I can keep my eye on everyone.....once a control freak always a control freak!

Do hope you get some positive news and a speedy discharge soon......then you can start planning your next trip to Aotearoa :cool::)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman