So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Been out ( to get a paper so that I can read Beate’s article) and its hot and humid. Plus a local farmer is spreading some very whiffy muck!

Now I’m home, I shall stay here! And cuddle the cold air coming from my chiller!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Had a lovely evening yesterday, a beautiful setting made even better by the evening sun. Went down to the quay today and managed to find a bit of shade in which to enjoy a snack lunch. It was very hot!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning all. I have to ‘endure’ another warm day, but not so horribly hot as it has been.
My Saturday morning coffee has been moved to afternoon, hence am still sitting here in nightclothes!
I managed to have a good day yesterday, when I went shopping early, then later filled car with petrol, got prescription at the third attempt ( car park full on first two attempts), went to bank ( very long wait) and got a picture framed as I waited. These things move mostly been waiting all week to be sorted, so rested on my laurels when I got home!

I’ve also sorted a way to feel slightly better in the mornings - take one strong painkiller instead of two not so strong ones. That gives me 10 mins to sort and tidy instead of 5! ( two strong ones put me to sleep!)
One good thing is that my blood pressure, normally high though I do take the tablets has dropped back to normal! Can it be weight loss? I’ve never noticed it before when I’ve had weight loss.

Hope those who have been ill are feeling better!

Plus hoping birthdays enjoyed and weather has been good for all you outdoorsy people!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi Spamar, I'm glad you had such a productive day yesterday. Yes, weight loss can lower blood pressure but it is often a combination of elements. Whatever the cause, I'm glad your B/P is now well controlled.

It has been warm here all week but temps in low 20s, which I find more tolerable. Went down to see some of the airshow yesterday evening, really enjoyed the helicopter that also gave a firework display (even better, there was no noise!).

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
So I’m sitting here watching tv. I’m about 3’ from the open conservatory door, and the temperature out there is 29 C. I am shivering! Just put electric fire on!

It’s too early for bed (5:15), but I think I’d better find a blanket!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
No, Slugsta, I’m as well as I ever am these days. I was a bit cold the evening before as well. I don’t understand why, why is the reason I mentioned it. I wouldn’t like to tell you how many typos I made in three lines!

There’s been very heavy rain this morning, will have to dry the conservatory later. A bowl catching drips is not very elegant!
I had all my windows checked on Monday, so am waiting for the estimate. I’ve got one cracked window and one broken hinge, plus a couple of leaks and many windows I find hard to shut properly. I thought it was my carpel tunnel wrists, but apparently as I’m close to the sea, it’s the sea air. Told him I’d lived much closer to the sea than I am now with no problems!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
She has been posting on facebook - although nothing dementia related but 'nice' things as is the nature of FB posts

Last post was a countdown to her holiday

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
She has been posting on facebook - although nothing dementia related but 'nice' things as is the nature of FB posts

Last post was a countdown to her holiday

Thanks for the update Jm.

Spamar, glad that you are not poorly!

We have been so lucky here with the weather, we still have temps in the low 20s which are much more manageable (for me) than the very high temps we had earlier this summer.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi, I hope everyone is well.

We are going away tomorrow and I will not take my comp with me, so am turning off notifications until I get back (I am trying to avoid returning to find hundreds of emails waiting for me!).

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
HI slugsta, good to hear from you, I hope you have a good holiday.

I'm still here - fairly busy - first school uniform buying, now uni essentials buying (laptop, kitchen stuff, ensuite stuff, cleaning stuff, food). Also cyclocross season started on 1 sept which makes life madness. We seem to always be fitting too much in

Yesterday I did a day trip to Cardiff, nearly 8 hours of driving. Son was fencing, so straight into a sports hall for 5 hours. He won a medal so all worth it.

Have things to sort out re mum (and post on here) but that takes time I haven't had.

I think Ann is now on holiday, when she is back I will message her and say we are all thinking of her.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Yes was wondering what Ann was up to.

I’m also off for a few days tomorrow, Slugsta. Cousin visiting! However, the weather is looking good, so I live in hope! Might even get a paddle in the sea!
I’m being picked up at 06:50. Not early, I’m nearly always up by then, but not ready or dressed. So worried I won’t get up early enough. Think I’d better find out how the alarm on the clock works!

Had to go out this morning as I suddenly remembered, in the middle of the night, it was step daus 50th, plus her wedding anniversary, next week! Had to get out of bed to check. And of all the cards I’ve got, nothing suitable! Typical.
Oh well, the cold coffee was nice, the bacon sandwich even nicer.

The traffic! Loads of motorbikes (40?), couple of horses, quite a lot of bikes and more than expected cars. The fine weather is stirring everybody to get out!

Have a good break, Slugsta! Hoping the weather stays fine for you as well.
Congrats to son, JM, glad he’s doing well. How is daughter going to fit her cyclocross with uni? But hope she settles in OK. 2nd step granddau simply loved her first year, and her summer ( Bali building underwater reefs). Putting her subaqua training to good use!

I’m feeling lots better, long may it last!

Regards to all.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Glad to hear you are feeling better Spamar.

Cyclocross will continue is the plan at the moment. First race is same day as she moves in, so race first and move in in evening, party later.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
She’s going to be a busy girl! Granddau shared a room with an aspiring rower last year, and she was out on the water by 05:30 every day!

MollySW

Aug 19, 2019
My mum often has confabulations, including thinking she was in Hong Kong, no idea why. She was in hospital at the time and hasn't been eating much so I tried to get her to promise me she would have something to eat later to which she responded that she would try but that she didn't like Chinese food!
Mostly she is happily confused but on the weekend she had reverted back to thinking the nursing home were poisoning/torturing her and was very distressed, crying and begging us to take her home :(

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
glad you had good weather.

Life is so busy here. Fitting into an already busy schedule buying all the uni items required has added to it. Feeling a bit of empty nest syndrome, even though she will be home on and off for races.