So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi everyone, meant to have got here at weekend, but you know what is said about good intentions!

As of last Saturday it’s four years since OH died. Can’t believe it’s that long! Usually I go out, but the forecast was so bad ( and correct as it turned out!) I went on Friday. That was lucky, cos I saw an old friend who works there, and he’s agreed to take myself and two others to a place where we used to work. I can see organising a date is going to be difficult!

Although sun is forecast for today, it was 4 hours late arriving! But hoping it’s not going to be so humid!

Hope things are well for everybody and holidays are superb!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I keep meaning to post on here as well.

Spamar - glad the tumeric is helping. 4 years - time does fly, glad you got the right day with the weather. The weekend here was grim after melting on Thursday, and back to hot today.

Ann - sorry to hear you aren't well, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Also sorry to hear dau is still being so selfish. I would imagine my OH shouting an awful lot with that sort of attitude. Not that it solves it.

Dau has been a lot better recently, one meltdown between A levels and going on holiday, and one meltdown on hols - hard to cope with on the end of a phone. The latter was triggered by extreme tiredness as she had cycled for too many days running and I did manage to talk her out of it. The former was related to her normal stress/anxiety, and we talked it through the next day, she commented I was telling her to try coping in the same way as she has been told at counselling, and that the behaviours i spotted had been discussed too. She does seem to be slowly improving, and understanding how to work through things - bullying takes time to build self confidence back up.

Dishwasher was just the filter needing fixing, and I've had a failed booster for wifi as well, now fixed (well replaced).

Son is away at scout camp, so we are childfree for a few nights, longer than the total childfree nights we've had since dau was born.

Dau is still in France cyclotouring, but has come down with mumps today - so not sure whether she'll manage to ride any further - we'll be able to pick her up in due course. She said at least it's near the end and she might have got it at uni as it seems to go round freshers nowadays. I think the MMR jab needs a rethink with a stronger mump bit - and maybe a booster Mump bit. Hoping OH and I haven't got mumps now.

More confusion with different bits of mum's paperwork, a DD paying her rent was cancelled, and then I was threatened with action about it on the phone, even though I had made several follow up phone calls and emails (which weren't replied to).

Hope everyone is OK - @2jays , @Slugsta @Ann Mac and @Spamar

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi Spamar and Jm, it is good to hear from you both.

Spamar, in retrospect I bet that 4 years has passed really quickly, even though it might not have felt like it at the time.

Jm, how lovely to be child-free for a few days :) I'm glad that your daughter's behaviour is improving but sorry that she has mumps! It does seem that there are a lot of mumps outbreaks amongst teenagers these days. As you say, something clearly needs rethinking regarding the immunisation schedule.

I hope that everyone else is as OK as possible.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Seems it chickenpox down here, even in those that have had the job!
Four years certainly does fly!
More problems now! Been trying to finish fils will. He died in 1987, but complicated will only now finalising ( everybody mentioned has died) but one person isn’t replying to solicitors letters. Such a bother, and wearing!

Regards to all. It’s sunshine here, hope it is with you!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hi all

@jugglingmum
Mumps ! In foreign ! AND cycling !

Poor lass

That really can’t have helped her meltdowns.

Glad to hear the marigolds are not needed and that the WiFi has been replaced. How very dare the old WiFi failing ☺️

@Spamar
Four years. Gosh doesn’t time fly slowly but so fast. November is 3years for mum. Some days it seems like yesterday, others it feels such a long time. xxx

@Slugsta squishy hugs

@Ann Mac
Hoping you are feeling so much better physically and that the job and all it’s frustrations has been sorted as best it can, or that you have found yourself a different more reasonable boss....

Talking of boss’ - hoping daughter has found her way through her meltdowns and calm is creeping into the house

How’s “new puppy” ?

Me - I think Ive got through the deep dark blackness. Mind you I haven’t tested whether I am fully through it, by avoiding the garage.... again..... but I have had more days in sunshine than not, and have been able to sort through some physical memories without collapsing in a damp heap of snivel :)

Have had a very busy month socially with family and time with grandchildren has been a pleasure rather than a chore so that’s good.

Also met up with my fathers sister, who I last saw 3 years ago and before that 40+ years ago. Feels wonderful to have really “met” her properly and it feels really bizarre how alike we are. Lovely :)

Squishy hugs to all. May the wind and rain pass you by, but if it doesn’t, get those kites out, and watch them blow all the cobwebs away

Making sure to tie said kite firmly to the body as we don’t want to litter when it flies away, do we :D

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
It has been quite warm today, but the windy is certainly blowing now, 2jays. Pity I haven’t got a kite to try!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
She has coped with it remarkably well so far, after her first meltdown she has coped with a lot very well. She has said a good lesson for uni and we have told her how impressed we are with her.

Sounds positive.

I have no idea, just asking, this 2nd lot of mumps, is it less debilitating due to the jab than “full blown” mumps do you think?

All I’m imagining is a high achieving girl struggling with mumps in FOREIGN. Poor girl

I started mumps on Christmas Day one year as a young child and remember feeling absolutely awful

All is calm here after the rain storm yesterday. We had one huge clap of thunder immediately over the house

the BOOM rattled my bones, made me catch my breath and I don’t think I can ever remember feeling so scared waiting for more, which luckily didn’t arrive. :D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I have no idea, just asking, this 2nd lot of mumps, is it less debilitating due to the jab than “full blown” mumps do you think?

I've no idea, dau seems to be more poorly than son was but hard to tell when she is 100s of miles away and son was in his own bed, and could get himself to sofa to watch dvds (marvel box sets for those interested) and had food put in front of him. Her face is more swollen as well (wonders of whattsapp)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
@jugglingmum
“Spoken” to Dr Google.....

Something about infectious until 5 days after face swells.....

If she still in infectious stage when she gets home....... suggest face masks for you and mr juggle :D

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
I just came in to see how you all are and proffer a hug. I've been absent for a while as I wanted to try to forget dementia, but I have not forgotten any of you. xx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Red, I haven’t forgotten you and it’s very good to hear from you. Hope you’ve managed to forget dementia! I sometimes think I’m on here too much and I’d be much better without it.......but there’s all you folk!
We, as in the country, are enjoying some very varied weather at the moment. It’s either baking hot, which few of us are used to, or enough rain for floods. I’m hoping I’m just on the edge of the latest rainstorm!

Have no idea if we will have anything that can be described as summer this year, or if it’ll just turn into the coldest, or hottest, winter ever!

Hope you are keeping OK and life is a bit easier for you.
(((((((Hugs)))))))

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi all,

I have also been keeping away from the forum recently but you are all often in my thoughts.

Jm, I'm sorry your lass has been poorly, especially in a foreign country :( Glad that the meltdowns have improved though.

Ann, I'm hoping that your life has settled down somewhat.

I hope everyone is as well as possible. I had a colonoscopy yesterday, the procedure wasn't too bad but the prep was unpleasant (clear fluids only for the day before and 3 doses of industrial strength laxative). They found, and removed, a polyp but everything else was fine. It looks as if I might have 'cyclical vomiting syndrome' which is no fun but not going to do me any long-term harm.

We have been really lucky here with the weather. It is starting to feel more autumnal but the temps still reached 23C today, so really can't complain.

Squishy (((hugs))) to all.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Slugsta,
That sounds an almost made up disease, couldn’t think of a proper name, so just describe it! But nonetheless uncomfortable for all that! My sympathies (((((Hugs))))).

Hope everyone else is as well as can be, illnesses have all disappeared, and you are looking forward to the rest of summer. I’m not going away for a few weeks, and it’s only Cornwall for a very few days. Still, looking forward to it.
Traffic down there is nearly as bad as it is up here! Up here, I don’t go far, and down there, I don’t drive! Advantages everywhere!

More hugs all round!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hugs to all

Yet another keeping away a bit but think of all daily

1J had a bad fall then I got vertigo so fun and games in this house

We ok now

Squishy hugs all xxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry to hear of your woes @Slugsta and @2jays

Glad you are feeling better @Spamar - and hi to @RedLou

We got back from hols on Sunday, life is hectic, club 5 mile (well 4.8 but who cares) time trial tonight (cyclists such as @northumbrian_k will understand) followed by pub and G & T - which means house is still full of part unpacked things and a heap of ironing.

Skirt split up the back to day at work, hasty borrowing of sewing kit from secretaries and then nip to the loo to resew!

Letter contradicting something I'd been told about and sorted from mum's place came yesterday and so it goes on.

I'll update properly later in the week. Off to get wet now.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Well I got soaked riding out to the club TT and soaked riding home, but a couple of nice G & Ts in the middle.

this week has been hectic, finally got the last of the holiday washing done today, duvet cover. Clean towels rugs and bedding piled up to be put back in place once van cleaned.

Went to mum's today, she hasn't eaten a lot of meals, although think she has eaten a lot of sweet stuff. Think I'm going to label cupboards as seem to have a lot of carers that don't know where her food is.

I bought an imitation cat on holiday, quite small and mum was really pleased with it, it makes an horrendous purring noise but mum is deaf so I didn't show her how to use it, it is on a cushion and mum loved it, said it looked very realistic and put it on her lap. I stoked it and she told me off as she didn't want it getting dirty. So it went down well.

We are all doing a big bike ride tomorrow (wild wales challenge) - I wish the forecast wasn't so hot, will make the quiet roads we use have traffic and riding will be much harder. Last year's was the first year for many I didn't ride as it was very wet and cold.

Dau got A level results whilst on holiday, which met predicted grades, she was very happy, although had a little wobble about turning Cambridge down, given the grades, but I reminded her why she made the decision and all good. We popped into school on Thursday (as open for GCSEs) and it would appear she got exceptionally high marks so her teachers were really pleased. She is off to Sheffield in Sept.

Some personal care issues with mum, not sure what to do, will update when I have time, off to tidy kitchen and bed before 6am start (middle of the night in my book!!) Also will try and update re holiday.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
JM, huge congratulations to your daughter for her exam results!

I am also glad that the cat went down with your mum.

Son is here today and tomorrow, we all went out for a lovely meal this evening to celebrate my birthday (it is on Monday). We went to a small town nearby and sat by the river with drinks, it was pretty near perfect :)

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning! Glad everything going reasonably well, JM. Congrats to dau as well.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, Slugsta!

It’s really sunny and hot here! Sorry, JM!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Congrats mini juggles on your exam results :)

Hope the ride goes well @jugglingmum

The jays are on the road to recovery, tho it is a slow journey for 1jay, he is without bruising now :)

Hope all aches etc are under control for all

Squishy hugs xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR