1. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    She has coped with it remarkably well so far, after her first meltdown she has coped with a lot very well. She has said a good lesson for uni and we have told her how impressed we are with her.

2. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Sounds positive.

I have no idea, just asking, this 2nd lot of mumps, is it less debilitating due to the jab than “full blown” mumps do you think?

All I’m imagining is a high achieving girl struggling with mumps in FOREIGN. Poor girl

I started mumps on Christmas Day one year as a young child and remember feeling absolutely awful

All is calm here after the rain storm yesterday. We had one huge clap of thunder immediately over the house

the BOOM rattled my bones, made me catch my breath and I don’t think I can ever remember feeling so scared waiting for more, which luckily didn’t arrive. :D

3. jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    I've no idea, dau seems to be more poorly than son was but hard to tell when she is 100s of miles away and son was in his own bed, and could get himself to sofa to watch dvds (marvel box sets for those interested) and had food put in front of him. Her face is more swollen as well (wonders of whattsapp)

4. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    @jugglingmum
    “Spoken” to Dr Google.....

Something about infectious until 5 days after face swells.....

If she still in infectious stage when she gets home....... suggest face masks for you and mr juggle :D

5. RedLou

RedLou Registered User

Jul 30, 2014
    I just came in to see how you all are and proffer a hug. I've been absent for a while as I wanted to try to forget dementia, but I have not forgotten any of you. xx

6. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Hi Red, I haven’t forgotten you and it’s very good to hear from you. Hope you’ve managed to forget dementia! I sometimes think I’m on here too much and I’d be much better without it.......but there’s all you folk!
    We, as in the country, are enjoying some very varied weather at the moment. It’s either baking hot, which few of us are used to, or enough rain for floods. I’m hoping I’m just on the edge of the latest rainstorm!

Have no idea if we will have anything that can be described as summer this year, or if it’ll just turn into the coldest, or hottest, winter ever!

Hope you are keeping OK and life is a bit easier for you.
    (((((((Hugs)))))))

7. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Hi all,

I have also been keeping away from the forum recently but you are all often in my thoughts.

Jm, I'm sorry your lass has been poorly, especially in a foreign country :( Glad that the meltdowns have improved though.

Ann, I'm hoping that your life has settled down somewhat.

I hope everyone is as well as possible. I had a colonoscopy yesterday, the procedure wasn't too bad but the prep was unpleasant (clear fluids only for the day before and 3 doses of industrial strength laxative). They found, and removed, a polyp but everything else was fine. It looks as if I might have 'cyclical vomiting syndrome' which is no fun but not going to do me any long-term harm.

We have been really lucky here with the weather. It is starting to feel more autumnal but the temps still reached 23C today, so really can't complain.

Squishy (((hugs))) to all.

8. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Hi Slugsta,
    That sounds an almost made up disease, couldn’t think of a proper name, so just describe it! But nonetheless uncomfortable for all that! My sympathies (((((Hugs))))).

Hope everyone else is as well as can be, illnesses have all disappeared, and you are looking forward to the rest of summer. I’m not going away for a few weeks, and it’s only Cornwall for a very few days. Still, looking forward to it.
    Traffic down there is nearly as bad as it is up here! Up here, I don’t go far, and down there, I don’t drive! Advantages everywhere!

More hugs all round!

9. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Hugs to all

Yet another keeping away a bit but think of all daily

1J had a bad fall then I got vertigo so fun and games in this house

We ok now

Squishy hugs all xxx

10. jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Sorry to hear of your woes @Slugsta and @2jays

Glad you are feeling better @Spamar - and hi to @RedLou

We got back from hols on Sunday, life is hectic, club 5 mile (well 4.8 but who cares) time trial tonight (cyclists such as @northumbrian_k will understand) followed by pub and G & T - which means house is still full of part unpacked things and a heap of ironing.

Skirt split up the back to day at work, hasty borrowing of sewing kit from secretaries and then nip to the loo to resew!

Letter contradicting something I'd been told about and sorted from mum's place came yesterday and so it goes on.

I'll update properly later in the week. Off to get wet now.

11. jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Well I got soaked riding out to the club TT and soaked riding home, but a couple of nice G & Ts in the middle.

this week has been hectic, finally got the last of the holiday washing done today, duvet cover. Clean towels rugs and bedding piled up to be put back in place once van cleaned.

Went to mum's today, she hasn't eaten a lot of meals, although think she has eaten a lot of sweet stuff. Think I'm going to label cupboards as seem to have a lot of carers that don't know where her food is.

I bought an imitation cat on holiday, quite small and mum was really pleased with it, it makes an horrendous purring noise but mum is deaf so I didn't show her how to use it, it is on a cushion and mum loved it, said it looked very realistic and put it on her lap. I stoked it and she told me off as she didn't want it getting dirty. So it went down well.

We are all doing a big bike ride tomorrow (wild wales challenge) - I wish the forecast wasn't so hot, will make the quiet roads we use have traffic and riding will be much harder. Last year's was the first year for many I didn't ride as it was very wet and cold.

Dau got A level results whilst on holiday, which met predicted grades, she was very happy, although had a little wobble about turning Cambridge down, given the grades, but I reminded her why she made the decision and all good. We popped into school on Thursday (as open for GCSEs) and it would appear she got exceptionally high marks so her teachers were really pleased. She is off to Sheffield in Sept.

Some personal care issues with mum, not sure what to do, will update when I have time, off to tidy kitchen and bed before 6am start (middle of the night in my book!!) Also will try and update re holiday.

12. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

JM, huge congratulations to your daughter for her exam results!

I am also glad that the cat went down with your mum.

Son is here today and tomorrow, we all went out for a lovely meal this evening to celebrate my birthday (it is on Monday). We went to a small town nearby and sat by the river with drinks, it was pretty near perfect :)

13. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Morning! Glad everything going reasonably well, JM. Congrats to dau as well.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, Slugsta!

It’s really sunny and hot here! Sorry, JM!

14. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Congrats mini juggles on your exam results :)

Hope the ride goes well @jugglingmum

The jays are on the road to recovery, tho it is a slow journey for 1jay, he is without bruising now :)

Hope all aches etc are under control for all

Squishy hugs xxx

15. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Been out ( to get a paper so that I can read Beate’s article) and its hot and humid. Plus a local farmer is spreading some very whiffy muck!

Now I’m home, I shall stay here! And cuddle the cold air coming from my chiller!

16. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Had a lovely evening yesterday, a beautiful setting made even better by the evening sun. Went down to the quay today and managed to find a bit of shade in which to enjoy a snack lunch. It was very hot!

17. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Another hot, hot day!

18. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Morning all. I have to ‘endure’ another warm day, but not so horribly hot as it has been.
    My Saturday morning coffee has been moved to afternoon, hence am still sitting here in nightclothes!
    I managed to have a good day yesterday, when I went shopping early, then later filled car with petrol, got prescription at the third attempt ( car park full on first two attempts), went to bank ( very long wait) and got a picture framed as I waited. These things move mostly been waiting all week to be sorted, so rested on my laurels when I got home!

I’ve also sorted a way to feel slightly better in the mornings - take one strong painkiller instead of two not so strong ones. That gives me 10 mins to sort and tidy instead of 5! ( two strong ones put me to sleep!)
    One good thing is that my blood pressure, normally high though I do take the tablets has dropped back to normal! Can it be weight loss? I’ve never noticed it before when I’ve had weight loss.

Hope those who have been ill are feeling better!

Plus hoping birthdays enjoyed and weather has been good for all you outdoorsy people!

19. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Hi Spamar, I'm glad you had such a productive day yesterday. Yes, weight loss can lower blood pressure but it is often a combination of elements. Whatever the cause, I'm glad your B/P is now well controlled.

It has been warm here all week but temps in low 20s, which I find more tolerable. Went down to see some of the airshow yesterday evening, really enjoyed the helicopter that also gave a firework display (even better, there was no noise!).

20. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Heavens, how did that happen!