1. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Welcome back to life out of the hole 2Js (((hugs))). Sorry that the hotel was woefully inadequate, hope the airshow made up for it!

2. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Sorry not posted on here - life has been a littlebit of a whirlwind

@2jays so glad you are feeling better and could be furious about hotels. I tend to stick with premier inn when I go fencing (sorry take son fencing). Can get a good price if booked in advance and food is always good.

I collapsed a bit today, either relief from stress or exhaustion, but anyway dau got to prom on time last night, with suitable makeup (she isn't a make up person) and then I got her on the train for 11.30 this morning to head off on holiday. She had 2 changes to do on train, and I had been worrying about them for weeks. Her bike is fully laden with camping gear and I can't lift it, Crewe changeover was a bit tight but thankfully on opposite sides of same 'island' platform.

I did get very stressed yesterday, as I was meant to help dau with makeup but was at Drs with son, had a telephone appt within 30 mins of phoning, then a nurse practitioner appt, then she called a GP in. They weren't sure of the diagnosis, but decided in the end it was mumps, which was a relief given they thought it was a rather nasty bone infection. Swelling was in wrong place, but GP said he was the 5th boy in his year group from his school she had seen this week so probably mumps. In the evening swelling came up on other side of face so confirmed mumps. He did have all his jabs, as have most of the others at school I understand - this is the second wave of mumps through his year group this year. So hoping none of us get it now.

Showed mum photos on phone of dau, she said isn't it amazing what technology can do nowadays, when I was swiping next photo, but couldn't remember OHs name, knew he was my husband though. She is slowly going downhill (I know inevitable)

3. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

4. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    More ((((((Hugs))))))

Didn’t know mumps were around again. I’ve never had them - but then, I said that about chickenpox! Then got shingles last year!

5. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    :( OMG juggles xxxxxxx

Positive thinking o_O
    At least he got mumps now - tho timing could have been better - and not like a nephew who caught it at aged 25, despite jab, and may now be sterile

Got a Manchester meet up to look forward to tho how you going to juggle that one...... may be easier than you think, perhaps....

You mum..... Huge squishy hugs

xxxxx to all

6. jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    This is a problem post about the age of 12 apparently. So far no soreness in the crucial area so hopefully fingers crossed.

On the plus side car that conked out on Tuesday (don't think I mentioned as such a minor detail in the scheme of life) was returned from garage yesterday, we were told they wouldn't even look at it before Monday. Need a new one, has now cost over £500 in repairs this year, as well as service and MOT, and probably isn't worth that much.

Dishwasher didn't wash properly over night so that might now have conked.

Will start looking at new cars, had this one from new since 2006 so it's done it's job.

7. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    ((((((Hugs)))))) JM. Everything coming at once!
    OH had mumps in his twenties, apparently, but no ill effects. His dau is 50 later this year!

Just come back from coffee with friend, in time to juggle TdF and F1!

8. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Three common, and easily fixed, problems are:
    • Buildup of debris around outlet
    • Gunge in pump/filter.
    • Faulty water level sensing, two basic types - either a float with rod going through base and operating a microswitch or a plastic capillary up the back operating a diaphragm and microswitch, the capillary can get blocked.

9. jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    I'm juggling TdF and tennis

Thanks @nitram - I will follow up. For now I've cleaned internal filters and run it again so see if it cleans the plates it didn't before.

10. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Check that it makes the normal swishing sound.
    A partial blockage reduces the force of the jets.
    For a one off, bad loading may have jammed the rotor.

11. Ann Mac

Ann Mac Registered User

Oct 17, 2013
    Morning all,

2 Jays, so sorry that the hotel wasn't up to scratch - but so glad that you feel you are nearly 'at the top of the ladder' xxxx

Ouch on the arthritus Spamar - can so sympathised with the aching and pain - sending you very gentle {{{{hugs}}}}

JM, poor you - and poor son with mumps! Why did I think you were 'safe' if you've had the vaccine? Hope he' making a good, swift recovery! I'm honestly not surprised you crashed with everything you have going on, all the time. And the problems with the car and the dishwater won't have helped.

Another one 'crashed' here - currently off work. Fibro not getting any better, really struggling with pretty much constant pain, and any exertion leaving me with really awful pain in back, hips and right shoulder. I was sort of managing, had more or less caught up with admin, house looking a bit ratty as I'd had to let that go quite a bit, whilst trying to take it as easy as I could. I've filled in a report to work about the issues with the garden project, spelling out the impact it has had on me physically - and in response, got a rather unpleasant email from one of the bosses, last Tuesday, which basically put a lot of pressure on me to make a return drive to Cardif Bay (supposed to go today actually). 7 - 8 hours driving, even if I didn't stop for a break, a long day at an event, and a very clear message that I WAS to attend, which both upset and infuriated me because of the way it was phrased. I did try to make all the arrangements, train not an option because of the start time of the event - and I'm afraid I wasn't prepared to travel down the day before and stay overnight - its a big enough struggle to get the time back that I'm currently owed as it is, without adding more (and working part of my weeked). But, the thought of that drive just filled me with dread, and I got so stressed out worrying about it all, that in the end I called the GP - basically I wanted him to give me something to ease the pain so I could make the drive. No appointments till today, the best the surgery could do was get the triage nurse to phone me back. Triage made the appointment for today, told me I was not to make the drive, and that the GP would be signing me off work. I can't put into words the relief I felt at not having to make that journey. I knew I would have to allow about 6 hours for frequent stops, each way, and that even then I would be really hampered for several days by increased pain. I am still stressing because I have projects this week and next - but I also know that if I don't follow GPs instructions, I could end up having to take even more time off, further down the line. I've sorted this weeks work (project wise) but if the GP makes me take longer, then a big project I have starting next week could have to be cancelled. One of the biggest problems with this job - no one to step in and cover if I'm ill :(

Mil - still chugging along, she has had a chest infection, but not too bad. Biggest worry remians that I think she eeds supervision whikle eating now. OH found he in her room, slumpoed really far down in her seat, having just finished a meal - and she started to vomit. Thank God OH was there. She needs someone to make sure she is stitting upright while eating - not just when she is ill, but as a rule, as the COPD causes a lot of coughing fits asnd phlegm so choking is becoming more of a worry now.

Gryff - little horror - but in the cutest way, lol. Using his puppy training pads, eating like a horse, so playful - but if he doesn't stop nicking my shoes and taking them to his bed to chew them, I'll marmalise him! He had his last lot of shots on Wednesday, so will soon be able to go out - he is desperate to follow Luna and Seamus out to the garden, keeps trying to sneak out the door with them!

Dau is not helping on the stress front. On Friday, OH check the mobile bill - he pays for himself, me and dau on a special deal - and found it was over £100 higher than it should be. The bills itemised, so quick work to find that the additional costs were down to calls made by youngest. He didn't blow, very calmly asked her about it - turns out it was ringing Royal Mail over a parcel that they hadn't delivered, she hadn't realised how expensive phoning them was, and just one of the calls to them alone had cost over £25. OK - she wasn't phoning stupid premium lines, and was clearly shocked, so OH was OK with her, told her to be more careful in future - but said she would have to contribute sonething towards to bill. Cue meltdown - she ranted and raved and announced she would 'cancel her trip' to a music festival she was planning on going too - even whilst we were saying there was no need, lets sit and talk and work it out. Off she stormed - and we left her to it. The next day, no mention of it. That evening, we booked seats and luggage for the holiday. Dau announced that she couldn't really afford the extra for luggage or extra leg room seats. OH said that was OK, he had budgeted for it and we would pay. And luckily, the airline were doing a deal, 3 hold cases for the price of two, so it wasn't too bad. We had tea, and afterwards, OH, again very nicely, asked could she give some time the next day to getting the house straight. And again she blew! Announced she was having a lie in the next day, and he better not disturb her - and well, was basically unbelievably rude, and a lot of swering. He lost it - then I lost it. OH isn't the most tactful, sometimes he makes a situation worse, but on this occasion he hadn't said or done anything wrong. That was Saturday night. The next day, she came down and apologised, but neither of us are prepared to let it go at this point. I've pointed out just how reasonable we had tried to be and told her I am furious with how she responded, and for the moment, I don't really want anything to do with her. So, a wonderful atmosphere here at the moment as you can imagine - but this time, I'm not letting her off the hook. I know she has been looking forward to this music festival for ages, but I also knew she had stretched herself booking that, wanting to come on the jaunt to the IOM with me, my best friend and mates daughter, who is one of her best friends - and the holiday to the Canaries as well, and I was actually prepared to help her out. But not anymore. If she misses the festival, tough, and if she tries to 'guilt' me by saying she isn't coming to IOM either, then thats fine too - I won't feel guilty and she can miss that - up to her. But I am not helping out. Not given her attitude.

Slugsta, Amy and everyone else, hope you are all OK, and sending love to all of you, as alwys xxxx

12. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Oh @Ann Mac

HUGS

gentle squishy ones

Listen to your body. It’s screaming out trying to protect you, in a way, so just listen and REST !

As to the mental rest you need due to adorable !! Girl...... oh my...... no words of wisdom just more hugs

xxxx

13. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Gosh, Ann, don’t know how you cope! All sympathies re fibro, by the way.
    I’ve been taking turmeric for about 2 months and I think it has done some good, back ( til now!) certainly not so bad. Feet still awful, but I think that’s a different type of arthritis! Will double my turmeric dose, see if that works on more places. It worked for a friend!

No podiatrist today, her son has chickenpox! I said, thought it was mumps going around. She informed there are three in his class with chickenpox. And they’ve had the relevant jab!

Dull here today, not sure whether I’m pleased or not, not too keen on really hot weather!

Gosh, all that sport yesterday, have never flipped channels so much! Plus had the iPad tuned in.

Have a good day, ladies, regards to you all.

14. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Ann, I'm sorry - but not actually surprised - that your fibro has flared so badly. You have been pushed to your limits and your poor body is telling you that you need a proper break (((hugs))). The attitude of your boss is disgusting :mad:

Sorry also that your daughter is only adding to your load, rather than helping. She is hugely privileged to be able to do a festival, or IOW or the holiday. She will realise that in the future, but that doesn't help you now! I know her big sis has spoken to her in the past, do you think that would help now?

Poor MIL, I'm sorry she is having these choking episodes :(

Spamar, I'm glad you are finding the turmeric helpful but sorry that you are still in pain.

(((hugs)) to all.