So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Like it!

Just heard that the last of my friends and relations who are having operations are fine. Today’s op, cataract, she was home not long after 10:00! Big relief all round.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Thanks, Slugsta! Someone complained ferns weren’t in season now! It I like ferns! I had to walk around the garden taking photos!
Five friends / relations have had operations in the last three or four weeks. I’m wrung dry! Everything is fine with everybody so far, anyway.

Wonder how Ann and mil are getting on, and how Ann’s week turned out.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

I may not have had chance to get on here for a few days, but I'm sure the many {{{{{hugs}}}} have still made there way to me and helped - sending {{{{hugs}}}} right back, with yet more thanks to all of you xxx

Love the avatar Spamar and glad to read that all the ops for friends and relations are over and that everything is OK for all of them. No wonder you are wrung out, hun - a lot of worry xxxx

All quite on the Mil front - until yesterday! I had to leave for my project on the coast before the postman arrived, and when I got home, I forgot to check the lettter rack and just cracked on with some admin work. It wasn't till later that OH pointed out that there was a letter for me there - from the HBM. She has changed the date of the meeting to next Friday, from Tuesday. Annoying, but if the intention was to make it difficult for me to attend, then she is out of luck, because I am on AL - and I'll be there! No mention of Dr J being invited, just a comment that 'in line with guidence a registered nurse' must be there (?) and of course, I now can't chase that up until Monday. No response from the Minister, either, yet.

I havent seen Mil since Monday - I really haven't had the chance - but OH has been, and found her in 'fiesty' mode - the aggressive behaviour is vey much to the fore at the moment :(

Work has been so hectic, I haven't had time to breath - or at least thats how it feels. Tuesday, out from 8 - 5.30 for a meeting, followed by me picking up the last of the supplies for the Cadair Idris Climb. Wednesday, out by 7.30 for the drive to Cadair and the climb itself (which my crew absolutely smashed :D ) Thursday, a project in the morning, admin till late on in the afternoon, Friday admin from early, followed by a trip down the coast for another project - then more admin! I am totally exhausted, and the fibro has been awful this week. Monday, there is a meeting in London that I am supposed to attend, but my new line manager has arranged for me to Skype in, which at least removes the 5 hours of return travel, something I am very grateful for. I had arranged to take some time off in lieu on the Tuesday (because the CHC meeting for Mil was supposed to take place then), Wednesday I have Snowdon - and the intention then is to get all essential admin done on Thursday morning, before I start my AL.

Some nice news though. OH and I have been talking about dogs. Specifically that our old boy, Busta, is definitely winding down - which at 17 years old, you would expect, though that doesn't make it any less heartbreaking to consider. A big concern for us is the younger dog, Seamus. He came to us at about 3 months old, a rescue, like Busta. And we have no idea what happened to him in his first 3 months, but its clear he had had a rotten time, poor mite. He is one very neurotic and needly little fellow, though very affectionate and loveable. And he would be lost without Busta. If we say 'walk', first thing he does is go and let Busta (who is pretty deaf) know. Throughout the day, he checks repeatedly on where Buzz is, whether we are in the house or out and about. Its like he needs to 'touch base' with him, all the time. And because of this, we are worried about the impact on him when we lose Busta. He likes having another dog around, that's obvious - but if we lose Buzz, we don't know how he would react to the introduction of another dog at that point. So - a lot of discussion, and we have decided to become a 3 dog household, both of us feel it would be better for Seamus to get used to another dog now, so that he has a familiar 'friend' to help him when its needed.

We have been looking at the local rescue centres. We are happy to take a dog up to 4 years old, but we need one that doesn't have any major health issues and which is OK with other dogs - and its the last bit that has been a stumbling block. So, so many of the rescue dogs need to be the 'only pet', they are not good with other dogs. We have had no luck, so far.

Last Wednesday, son phoned. He knew we had started looking and he told us that his girlfriends Mum knows of a 2 year old wee dog who desperately needs re-homing, a little cockerpoo. Her owner has developed severe asthma and has been told by his GP that the dog has to go. He is not happy to advertise her for sale or put her in a re-homing centre - he wants to be sure she goes to a good home, and that he knows something about her 'new' people. But - he had been looking and not had any luck with finding her a new family, and had got to the stage where a re-homing centre looked to be the only option - in fact, she was due to go to a re-homing place today. She is good with other dogs, spayed, no health problems, good with kids and very sociable. Son's GF's mum had told son and GF about her , thinking I guess, that after losing Patch, they might be interested, but its too soon for them - so son thought of us.

GF and her Mum passed on all the info about us to this chap - and we were told for definite yesterday that if we want her, she is ours. And having made the decision, the owner has asked could we take her asap. (Bless him - I can imagine how hard this is for him :( ) The GF's Mum is coming to visit son and his GF today, and bringing the doggy with her and we are picking her up this evening :D

Meet Luna - our new fur baby

36889536_1907083392684644_4952998277642452992_n.jpg

She isn't known as Luna at the moment, we are changing her name (after checking that dogs apparently are quite happy to accept name changes up to the age of about 5!) and I can't wait. Nothing like a new fur baby to bring a big smile to your face and make you feel happy. We didn't get to see a pic of her until after we had been 'approved' as her new owners, it doesn't matter to us what a dog looks like to be honest - but isn't it lovely to find she is such a cutie to boot :D We are hoping that with a lot of love and reassurance, she will settle quickly and be happy with us - it's going to be a big change for her too, so we need to make it as easy for her as we can.

So - that's me up to date! I have been 'doing my homework' ready for Mil's CHC assesment, but am fully prepared for HBM to pull some nasty tricky out of her (witches) hat at the last minute. Or at least, she will try to. If she hasn't invited Dr R, then I will ask the home to issue an invite asap and just hope that Dr R can make it - if not, well I have the written statement that I asked her for, strongly supporting the continuation of 1-1 care. And if all else fails, I have the images and the videos - though I am dreading having to use them, I will if I have to.

Sending love to you all, along with even more thanks and lots of {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} xxxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
awwwwwww

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

She is soooooo cute :)

Hope you like her first name.... we tried changing our dogs name when we got him but nope, he wasn’t keen on the one we chose :D

Sorry can’t help it..... Have to say it

Awwwwwwww :)

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
That pic makes me want another dog!
Our first dog was our beagle, Pups, the only thing we didn’t change was his name! But it did feel odd later on when he was grey round the muzzle, calling Pups!

Sounds like HBM is going to try all the tricks she can. Be prepared!

It’s started off sunny here, first time for several days.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
awwwwwww

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

She is soooooo cute :)

Hope you like her first name.... we tried changing our dogs name when we got him but nope, he wasn’t keen on the one we chose :D

Sorry can’t help it..... Have to say it

Awwwwwwww :)

Lol 2jays - no major objection to current name - Bella - simply that I know half a dozen or more doggy Bella's already, several of whom I often encounter on walks (and all are labs or alsatians, oddly). It's case of not wanting to be shouting 'Bella' and have 3 or 4 dogs come running. And then when we saw her, to us 'Bella' just doesn't fit! Whereas Luna (suggested by youngest, reference to Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood character) suits her. Just have to hope that she accepts it I guess.

Given the opportunity I would fill my house to the brim with dogs, Spamar . I've never met a dog I couldn't love yet! I must admit that I like the beagles I've met - and I have a soft spot for several other breeds too - but somehow, we have always gone for rescues/rehomers - not sure why, its just they do seem to work out well for us. Even though both Busta and Seamus have some obvious trauma in their past, we have been able to work round it and they are both very lovable and sociable characters now. We had started looking at a private sale, having had no luck with animal shelters and so on, but somehow, although we have seen some lovely dogs and pups for sale, we couldn't commit. The idea of giving a home to a dog that really needs it just seems the right option, for us. as soon as we heard about Luna, I think we all instantly felt that yep - this is what we want.

Sunny here too, after a day of heavy rain yesterday - much prefer the sun :) x

Last edited:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
The beagle would have been put down if we hadn’t had him and Jasper, our Springer, was a show dog ( failed). One of my cousins had his successful sister. So it could be said they were both rescue dogs!
Pups got diabetes at 5, lived another 5 years with it. He had never been in a house before, knew nothing about walks etc. Jasper got cancer, just at the most awkward time! What a time I had! OH was in early dementia stages, just to add to the fun!

So we decided not to get another. After OH died, I couldn’t walk very far, so definately not fair on any dog. My neighbour was keen for me to get another one, she would look after it when I was away and her bil would walk it every day. There’s a flaw there! ( I pay, they get the fun!)

I like Luna as a name, well chosen. It’s two syllables, same as previous name, so she should readily adapt!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Awwww, what a cutie! :) How lovely that you are taking on a new member of the family. I suspect you might have to call her 'Belluna' for a short while, until she gets used to the new name. I think your reasoning, to get one now to help Seamus (and everyone else) deal with the loss when Busta leaves you, is spot on.

Yes, the late change of meeting date is no less than one would expect from HBM. I really do hope the minister gives her a boot up the arris! :mad: There is a quotation (often attributed to Mark Twain but it seems that might be inaccurate) that says' I have never killed anyone, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure' about sums up my feelings about that woman!

Ann, I really hope you are able to get your work finished in good time, so that you can relax and enjoy your time off as much as possible.

My choir are singing at a carnival again today. I had thought I might have to cancel as Skycat was poorly yesterday (and I feared a recurrence of whatever she had last year) but she is very much better today :)

(((hugs))) to all.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Oh, I'm a sucker for anything poodly. Gorgeous. The only trouble with dogs is that they don't live as long as humans.
The meeting with HBM? Will she meet MiL? --If so, hope MiL's in a feisty mood. Place HBM in the close vicinity, stand back and watch someone get their just desserts!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
The meeting with HBM? Will she meet MiL? --If so, hope MiL's in a feisty mood. Place HBM in the close vicinity, stand back and watch someone get their just desserts!

Wrong of me. Very very wrong.... but that thought gave me a malicious smile for a second. :(

How can one person continue with their narrow view which causes such awful repercussions and thoughts is beyond me

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
I know. I felt a bit evil posting it. But as far as HBM goes, evil is what she sows.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Ann - your new dog looks absolutely adorable.

Our dog is 15 and I would like to get another dog now (well sept) but I'm also conscious that it might upset our current dog - so I don't think it will be happening.

Is teh HBM aware you are on holiday soon, do you think maybe she thought you were away on the date the meeting has been moved to? I'd normally call this thought process cynical, but in this case it might be generous.

Given the current negative reports in the local press about the HB (I quickly glanced at the North Wales Daily Post in a cafe in Caerwys yesterday as it was on the side) surrounding the Ockenden report you would think that they should be trying to follow correct procedures with dementia patients, it would appear not. It was on page 2/3 of the Daily Post so a fairly prominent story. It clearly isn't just MIL but many many people whose needs are callously being ignored. I suspect the press will be hungry for a story, they are clearly aware of the specific mess surrounding elderly mental health if it comes to it.

I'll try and update later.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone

Oh - not so much a malicious smile as a positively evil cackle at the thought :D

I don't know if she knows I am going away, JM - the home have been told, but I can't see any reason why they would have told her? All I know is when I spoke to her, I gave her 3 days this week when I would be available, she instantly chose the Tuesday, even set a time - but the confirmation letter gives Friday as the date. I am probably being overly-cautious, but I will also be at the CH tomorrow, at the time she originally gave me - just in case she has made a 'mistake' with the different date on the letter.

All I know is that when we do meet, if there is any suggestion, even the tiniest hint, of her trying to implement anything at all that would be to Mil's detriment, then it will be the press - as JM says, the HB are not exactly doing a sterling job at the moment, the reputation of the HB is incredibly poor, and I would imagine that given that and the way Mil has been treated, that the press would be all over it.

I haven't been to see Mil at all at the weekend :( The last few weeks have caught up with me, and I have been wrecked, and in a fair bit of pain with both hips. The house has barely been touched, (just enough to prevent Kim and Aggie doing a TV special on it!) and instead I've devoted my time to enjoying the dogs, including our new addition, Luna. I will go to se MIl tomorrow, but for the last few days, I have just needed a break. OH did go on Friday, so we know that she is OK (well as OK as she can be now).

And on to Luna :)

We have yet again fallen on our feet with a rescue/rehome doggy :) She is just adorable, so sweet natured and chilled. She isn't at all fiesty, a tiny bit shy, but more than willing to make friends with any and every two and four legged creature she encounters. Really affectionate, very playful, extremely well trained. She came with so much by way of equipment (including electric toothbrush, a selection of Doggy clothing, full grooming kit, a crate of toys - including a doggy nerf gun to launch balls for her to chase - and a microwavable doggy bed warmer!) that I initialy wondered would she be a bit of a spoilt princess, and - more worryingly, as she was clearly well loved - would she fret badly, poor thing. But no - she seems to have settled pretty much instantly, and as far as we can tell, she has taken to us (and our other dogs) quite happily, no sign of upset at all.

Seamus was a tiny bit unsure, and we had a bit of his usual moaning and grumbling and attention seeking - but she wanted to play with him, prancing and bowing around him, ignoring the noises, and he has given in pretty quickly - the first evening he quite happily shared my lap with her, no fuss or jealousy at all.

As for Busta - well Busta is in love.

No - scratch that - Busta is in LOVE!

From the moment he saw her, clearly he decided that she is the one for him. I swear he had little hearts popping from his eyes. The first evening and for most of yesterday morning, he followed her everywhere, tried to join in with the games of chase that she instigated, his tail going like the clappers, making little whiney noises at her, trying to get as close as he could. To be honest - he has been the biggest worry, as he has attempted to run and play with her, and at his age, he really isn't capable of that level of energy! I said to OH that if he didn't calm down, the excitement and added physical activity was going to kill him (To which OH replied that maybe - but he would die with a big smile on his face!). Thankfully, by yesterday afternoon, he started to get a grip on himself - well, either that or he had worn himself out to the extent that he just had to ease off!

At the moment, she is my shadow, follows me everywhere - I've typed most of this with her sat on my lap. I think, the more she gets used to us, the more she will be just as happy with any of us around - she is very much a people dog.

We took all 3 for a walk yesterday morning, in the field that leads off our garden, and tried her off lead - good as gold, and she loved charging round with the boys - she is like a wee lamb, the way she gambols and plays. She has - believe it or not - responded to the new name with no issues at all. I was more than half prepared for us having to stick to 'Bella', but no - she comes when you call 'Luna' and looks to you when you say her name. On the field, she came instantly each time we called. We let them have 15 minutes - about as much as Buzz can handle - headed back through the gate - and Luna galloped in and took a flying leap straight into the garden pond - very pleased she was with herself too. Not sure the frogs appreciated it though.

Later, I took just her and Seamus to the Alyn for a walk by the river. Lots of people, kids and dogs about. She actually seemed a little overwhelmed, bless her - no agitation or bad behaviour, just a bit timid and shy, but with her tail wagging the whole time. She wasn't quite bold enough to do more than paddle a little in the river, it was full of dogs and kids, to be fair - but I suspect as she gets use to everything, she will get a lot braver.

Some shots from the first walk - and her spell in the pond!

0G8A4852.jpg

Playing with Seamus

0G8A4881.jpg

0G8A4903.jpg

In the pond!

0G8A4919.jpg

Slugsta, so glad to hear that Skycat is better and that it doesn't look like a recurrence of the problems from last year x

Today I am skyping into a London meeting (and oh, that is so much better than having to travel to London itself) - tomorrow taking some of the time owed, and Snowdon on Wedneday - that's only just over an hours drive away, so hopefully it won't cause any additonal pain. I'm going to finish up my admin on Thursday - and thats me done with work for well over a week!

Love to all of you, as always xxxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
What a lovely way to start a day, with pics of Luna and her flagpole tail!
Thanks, Ann!

Last edited: