So bizarre !

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
That told her !!

Not surprised you are drained... and yet you are still fighting hugs xxxxx

Oh Ann :(
She is still playing her silly games.... speaking through her..... bullying who she thinks she can bully....

Hoping that once minister gets fully involved, you won’t have anymore stupidity and only full support from now on

Ooooh I’m shaking with anger on your behalf... can’t find polite words xxxx

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
It begs belief that this woman thinks she can get away with her disgusting behaviour, Mil is lucky that she has you fighting her corner, just imagine if she did not have close relatives nearby, how many other people are suffering because of such a lack of compassion.

Look after yourself Ann x.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
And that, reedysue, is one of the things of which we should all be afraid.

Well done, Ann, for your persistence, and telling everybody what’s going on. Let’s hope this is the end of all this nonsense, though I would think mil needs 1:1 for 24 hrs a day!

Hope the rest of the week goes well for you and Mr Mac.

(((((Hugs)))))

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
It sounds the minister's office was onto her first thing. I would be tempted, once you have a moment (ha!), to follow up to the minister detailing HBM's call to the home and that you wish to place it before him so he can judge if he finds it as transparent and unprofessional as you do. (Trying to blame an unnamed - therefore can't reply - nurse! Cowardly XXXXX!) I would have thought that casually telling a nurse and not putting it in writing is outside professional conduct so she's stymied if she sticks to the story or abandons it.) The powers that be should be questioning this woman's employment. She sounds utterly unsuitable for the senior role she holds.

And breathe!

And just to say - well done! You achieved your purpose and swiftly. We have strategy we can pass on to anyone facing this sort of behaviour on these boards. You are making a positive difference to others' lives and so few on this earth do that! xxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Ann sorry just not had time to post properly.

As I was reading through catching up on Sunday I was thinking that you needed to go to the press and if possible name and shame the hbm. But then got to where you said you are going to do that if needed. Just shouldn't be needed or even get anywhere near it.

It is appalling the way she is behaving. I'm so so sorry for both your MIL and you and your OH and family. No one deserves to be treated like this.

I hope work isn't too exhausting for you. I was in Cardiff on Sunday and train stopped at Ludlow such a pretty place but not able to see it from the railway line.

Hoping @Spamar and @Slugsta have good 0 birthdays. I thought I didn't mind turning 50 but a month or so later I suddenly felt old.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Ann so glad the i to 1 is back, but so sorry you had to go through all that. Let's hope the HBM doesn't try anything else on, but I certainly think a formal complaint about her antics is worth pursuing.

emp

Jun 27, 2018
Well done Ann! Hopefully you've well and truly put her in her place now. Who does this woman think she is?!

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I have just read this. It's beyond belief. Thank goodness your MIL has you to fight for her, Ann. But what a toll it must be taking on you. Thinking of you. xx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Ann, it is you who is amazing! I really don't think I would have had it in me to fight for Mum in the way you have for MIL :( Of course, you shouldn't have to fight to get basic human needs met, to get a vulnerable person the care they so clearly need - but thank goodness you did!

As has been said, you have helped so many other people, as well as MIL. It is thanks to you that some sort of respite care was put into place in your area and now, thanks to you, the minister is aware of how a senior manager is mis-managing. Please give yourself a huge pat on the back - when you have the energy.

This whole business clearly has taken a lot of mental and physical energy, and that is not in limitless supply - especially considering your commitment to your job on top of everything else. Please don't under estimate how much this will have taken out of you. Try to avoid situations that will drain you further and do everything you can to build those supplies up again.

(((hugs))) to all.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Ann, I'm so impressed by your fight and resolve. I hope you can feel just a bit better about MIL receiving the one to one care.

Wishing all the best to you and your family.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone,

I am struggling to know how to start this post - tempted to say 'thank you' (again!) for the support that you all give me, but it doesn't seem nearly enough. All I can do is keep telling you all that every word of encouragement and reassurance, and all the hugs, really do make a difference and help me so, so much xxxxx

2jays - thank you for that quote - I've saved it, I think it may well come in very useful x

reedysue and Spamar - yeah, there is a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of how the HBM is treating others too. Even S at the care home said something similar, that it was frightening to think of how many people were being failed because this woman is so budget driven and operates without any compassion or consideration for the needs of the people who really need CHC. As S said, imagine if the person needing the care either had no one to speak for them, or if they perhaps had a spouse who may be a lot older than me, and possibly dealing with their own health issues and simply couldn't fight this woman. It really is frightening.

I am still waiting to actually hear from the Minister, Red - so far I've just had the bog-standard auto-type response acknowledging receipt of my email from his office - but once I do, and I've had chance to doble check that the HBM definitely did not say anything about how she was only removing the 1-1 to 'see if it worked and would put it back if needed' to anyone, then yep - your suggestion is one I'll definitely follow. Thank you x

Ludlow is lovely, JM - but yesterday all I saw was the outside of the trainstation, and the inside of a coffee shop across the road from it, lol. 3 and a half hour meeting, then an hour and half back home. New line manager, seems lovely and competent and supportive. Have my fingers crossed that she will make a difference.

Slugsta, yep - I am so, so tired and struggling to switch off and rest. Sleep is poorer than usual, had a lot of pain from the fibro this week, which I know is probably down to me being stressed. The big 3a.m. concern that is keeping me awake is wondering what the HBM will try next, and a sneaking suspicion that she may go for insisting that Mil's needs can't be met by the home, and it would be 'better' if she was admitted to some sort of mental health/psychiatric hospital facility. I have no idea of the costs associated with admitting someone to a place like that, all I know is that if it is cheaper than providing 1-1 care, then I'd be a fool if I didn't anticipate her pushing for it. Especially given her wanting to include Dr R in the review, because when the home pushed for him to actually do something to help Mil, his response was that if meds didn't help, then a hospital facility was the only option.

Amy, emp, Moggymad, Marcelle, Canary, Celia, bunpoots, Herewego, Sarasa and everyone else who has given me fantastic advice and such support - thank you, thank you, thank you - if I repeat 'thank you' a few thousand times, it may give you some idea of how much it means and how much I appreciate it xxxx

Got a long day ahead, my lovely bunch of young people are tackling the Cadair Idris climb today and I am not in the best place this morning. Youngest woke us very late last night to say that son had just phoned. My wee Granddog Patch became very ill last night, and the vet had just advised that it was time to let the little fellow go. Son phoned just as they were taking him in, youngest said he was 'in bits'. He just wanted to let us know, said not to phone as they were taking Patch. I've half dozed through the night, no more calls, but will be phoning him soon. So, so sad, even though Patch has been so poorly lately and it was obviously the kindest thing to do for him - but such a lovely old doggy, and son and his GF will be devastated. Really proud that he and his GF chose to give a home to such an old rescue dog, because I know they made Patch's last few months so happy and loved him so much. Very glad that have wee Jess, their other rescue doggy, to comfort them. And worrying about my old boy Busta, who at nearly 17 is now starting to lose weight, though he is eating, and playing and not showing any signs of pain or specific ill-health. These furry family members are loved such a lot - I can't imagine life without my old Busta-boy around :(

I have another project tomorrow morning, a shed load (as always) of work related admin to get through this week, and a project of Friday, down the coast, which will make for a 7 or 8 hour day. Next week was supposed to be my last full week before we go to Ireland, but I explained to my new boss yesterday about how many hours I was owed, and so to try and claim some back, I am only working 3 days next week, finishing on Wednesday afternoon, plus am taking Tuesday afternoon off for the CHC meeting. I - having cancelled 2 appointments already, due to a combination of work and Mil - am hoping to get a hair cut on Thursday, have a day to sort the house, and then focus on packing and so on for Ireland. I am so looking forward to the break, and just hoping that the HBM doesn't throw anything at me at next weeks meeting that is going to interfere with us going. I wouldn't put anything past that woman.

Sending much love and some grateful hugs to you all xxxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Good morning Ann

Glad to hear you have a hopefully good new boss who will be more realistic about workload as you obviously enjoy and are good at your job. It would be a shame if you had to leave and I am sure your groups provide a much needed contrast to the stresses re MiL and her care.

I hope you get a response from the minister. It might be worth mentioning that you know your much needed break in Ireland will be spoilt by concern over not just MiL but what that b****y woman might try to do whilst you were away. I would ask for an assurancre that she will not be allowed to do or start anything re moving MiL or 1 to 1 in your absence. Not only would that give you a bit more peace of mind but would further highlight the perceived and actual problems with her.

It all is very dreadful for MiL (and Mr Mac) but the one gleam of light in all this is they have you determined to get the best and right care. Just don't let it destroy you in the process, physically or mentally.

Take care, big hugs xx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Ann, I am sorry, but not surprised, to hear that the fibro has flared again :( That certainly won't be helping you sleep either. I would love to tell you that it is not the HBM's place to say MIL should be moved - but I have already seen that she seems to have far more power than is healthy for one person to wield.

I am also so sorry to hear that Patch has crossed Rainbow Bridge :( It is lovely that your son and his GF took on such an elderly dog, knowing that they would not have him for long, and made his last months happy - but I also know that Patch will have worked his way into their hearts very quickly and the pain they will feel at his loss will be out of proportion to the time they have had him. It is natural that this will make you look at Busta and worry about him remaining time with you (((hugs))).

I hope the climb goes well and you are able to take your time off as planned.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
F84B951E-0BAE-4910-B31F-F283D3FF0B2A.jpeg

Group Hug :)

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member