So bizarre !

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone,

CWL over your new suit, 2jays - I could have done with something similar when son was little! Its hard for parents to accept that there is an issue with one of their kids - OH and I had years of experience working with challenging behaviour, with young adults, and also had 3 nephews who had problems on the autistic spectrum, so in a way, it was easier for us to accept and deal, I think. But oh - the tales I could tell of son's exploits when young! Looking back I don't know how he survived - he had a passing fascination with electricity, that was rather scary for a while, and also a 'thing' about a film character called 'George of the Jungle', which resulted in son trying escapades that would have daunted a professional stunt man!. Lasting longer were the fascinations with the loo and the video player, though - with the loo, it was as though he was some sort of mad scientist, seeing what would flush and what wouldn't. I can tell you that (with a bit of help from son and toilet brush) the number of items that would disappear round the U bend was quite surprising - and that the costs of removing said items was eye watering! With the video player, he was convinced it needed feeding and watering - several players were 'killed' by being given everything from ham sandwiches to soup to scrambled eggs (you wouldn't believe the mess feeeding scrambled eggs to a video player can make!), accompained by drinks of milk and juice, before he outgrew that one!

JM, son had real problems with concentration , and the thing we tried that helped the most was, of all things, trampolining. Apparently, it stimulates and helps the part of the brain that deals with concentration - and also with fine motor skills like handwriting - the improvement we saw after her completed a course provided by CAHMs OT's, was amazing! Glad dau seems to be well over the pneumonia - hoping that means less strops for you to deal with!

Spamar, hope the weather is better than you were expecting and that you are having a lovely time xxxx

Well done to your OH, Slugsta, on his title :) Hope you enjoyed your lunch out x

Reasonably quiet here at the moment. Boss didn't get back to with the course info, and after someone else telling me that they didn't think it had actually been booked, I didn't even attempt to go. A wasted trip to Manchester isn't something I need! I think my boss is on AL this week, we'll see if there is any fall out when she gets back - though by the time she gets back, I'm on AL, so I'm not worrying my head over it! This week, I have so far managed to stick to my 'no extra hours' resolution - which means that there are a lot of things not done. However, I've logged everything, so its clear I'm not slacking, so I doubt that there is little can be said.

Dau - not bad, I guess. The no lifts sanction is hitting hard, as her shifts starting and finishing don't always work out to fit with public transport, and the majority of her shifts are currently at the bigger leisure centre in town. This morning she ran foul of the me not doing her washing sanction, when she realised that I hadn't washed her work top - chunnering away (but no rudeness to me, for a change) she rinsed it quickly, and said she will dry it over a works radiator during the first session, when she will be in the water assisting, so won't need it. It's hard to stick to my guns, but I don't feel she has given me much choice, tbh!

All OK with Mil - fast asleep at last visit, so I stayed 10 mins and left - will try and get there again today, if I finish work on time - and if I don't finish work on time, then I will take time owed tomorrow, which will be my last working day before a lovely 11 days off, and visit her then. The kids birthday present has finally arrived for her - they have bought her a retro style version of Snakes and Ladders. I'm quite impressed, tbh - its a very simple game, the retro look of it may make it familiar enough for her that she will be able to get some fun playing - or trying - to play it.

OH has spent his time off sorting the garden pond. As per usual this time of year, the frogs have been croaking away in the evening, and the pond has filled up with spawn. However, it became apparent over the last few days that the water level was dropping, despite the rain, so we guessed we had a leak in the lining :( Couldn't have happened at a worse time of year, with all the spawn, but it had to be dealt with - OH emptied the pond (and creatures) into several massive containers, removed the old lining - and enlarged the pond to over double its original size. We had planned to do that later in the year, but it was a case of may as well do it at the same time as sorting the lining. When we first got the pond, the increase in garden wildlife, particular the birds, was amazing - am hoping that (a) all the wee creatures have survived the upheaval, and (b) that it means even more wildlife now the pond is so much bigger.

Right - several hours with one of my groups today, so I had better get cracking as I am picking them up from all over the place. Tomorrow, I have a list of must-do admin tasks - the absolute essentials will be sorted first, and then its a case of doing as much as I can of the rest, till I hit the magic 28 hour mark! Friday,. I intend to pack, sort my hair and sort the house. Saturday, I'm travelling to Ludlow to meet with a work friend for lunch; Sunday is shopping day, Monday pick up travel money and doing last minute odds and ends that always need doing - and Tuesday, we are off :D

Love to all, as always xxxx

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Morning everyone,

CWL over your new suit, 2jays - I could have done with something similar when son was little! Its hard for parents to accept that there is an issue with one of their kids - OH and I had years of experience working with challenging behaviour, with young adults, and also had 3 nephews who had problems on the autistic spectrum, so in a way, it was easier for us to accept and deal, I think. But oh - the tales I could tell of son's exploits when young! Looking back I don't know how he survived - he had a passing fascination with electricity, that was rather scary for a while, and also a 'thing' about a film character called 'George of the Jungle', which resulted in son trying escapades that would have daunted a professional stunt man!. Lasting longer were the fascinations with the loo and the video player, though - with the loo, it was as though he was some sort of mad scientist, seeing what would flush and what wouldn't. I can tell you that (with a bit of help from son and toilet brush) the number of items that would disappear round the U bend was quite surprising - and that the costs of removing said items was eye watering! With the video player, he was convinced it needed feeding and watering - several players were 'killed' by being given everything from ham sandwiches to soup to scrambled eggs (you wouldn't believe the mess feeeding scrambled eggs to a video player can make!), accompained by drinks of milk and juice, before he outgrew that one!

JM, son had real problems with concentration , and the thing we tried that helped the most was, of all things, trampolining. Apparently, it stimulates and helps the part of the brain that deals with concentration - and also with fine motor skills like handwriting - the improvement we saw after her completed a course provided by CAHMs OT's, was amazing! Glad dau seems to be well over the pneumonia - hoping that means less strops for you to deal with!

Spamar, hope the weather is better than you were expecting and that you are having a lovely time xxxx

Well done to your OH, Slugsta, on his title :) Hope you enjoyed your lunch out x

Reasonably quiet here at the moment. Boss didn't get back to with the course info, and after someone else telling me that they didn't think it had actually been booked, I didn't even attempt to go. A wasted trip to Manchester isn't something I need! I think my boss is on AL this week, we'll see if there is any fall out when she gets back - though by the time she gets back, I'm on AL, so I'm not worrying my head over it! This week, I have so far managed to stick to my 'no extra hours' resolution - which means that there are a lot of things not done. However, I've logged everything, so its clear I'm not slacking, so I doubt that there is little can be said.

Dau - not bad, I guess. The no lifts sanction is hitting hard, as her shifts starting and finishing don't always work out to fit with public transport, and the majority of her shifts are currently at the bigger leisure centre in town. This morning she ran foul of the me not doing her washing sanction, when she realised that I hadn't washed her work top - chunnering away (but no rudeness to me, for a change) she rinsed it quickly, and said she will dry it over a works radiator during the first session, when she will be in the water assisting, so won't need it. It's hard to stick to my guns, but I don't feel she has given me much choice, tbh!

All OK with Mil - fast asleep at last visit, so I stayed 10 mins and left - will try and get there again today, if I finish work on time - and if I don't finish work on time, then I will take time owed tomorrow, which will be my last working day before a lovely 11 days off, and visit her then. The kids birthday present has finally arrived for her - they have bought her a retro style version of Snakes and Ladders. I'm quite impressed, tbh - its a very simple game, the retro look of it may make it familiar enough for her that she will be able to get some fun playing - or trying - to play it.

OH has spent his time off sorting the garden pond. As per usual this time of year, the frogs have been croaking away in the evening, and the pond has filled up with spawn. However, it became apparent over the last few days that the water level was dropping, despite the rain, so we guessed we had a leak in the lining :( Couldn't have happened at a worse time of year, with all the spawn, but it had to be dealt with - OH emptied the pond (and creatures) into several massive containers, removed the old lining - and enlarged the pond to over double its original size. We had planned to do that later in the year, but it was a case of may as well do it at the same time as sorting the lining. When we first got the pond, the increase in garden wildlife, particular the birds, was amazing - am hoping that (a) all the wee creatures have survived the upheaval, and (b) that it means even more wildlife now the pond is so much bigger.

Right - several hours with one of my groups today, so I had better get cracking as I am picking them up from all over the place. Tomorrow, I have a list of must-do admin tasks - the absolute essentials will be sorted first, and then its a case of doing as much as I can of the rest, till I hit the magic 28 hour mark! Friday,. I intend to pack, sort my hair and sort the house. Saturday, I'm travelling to Ludlow to meet with a work friend for lunch; Sunday is shopping day, Monday pick up travel money and doing last minute odds and ends that always need doing - and Tuesday, we are off :D

Love to all, as always xxxx
Re Sunday Shopping, it’s Easter, no big shops open on Sunday in England.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Re Sunday Shopping, it’s Easter, no big shops open on Sunday in England.

Arrggghhhhhh - I forgot that - and getting the euros - darn it - got a lot to pack into Saturday then - and our flight isn't till late in the afternoon on Tuesday, so I have Tuesdasy morning too - thanks DeMartin - had totally forgotten that!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I am laughing at a mental image of Mister Mac dumping surprised frogs, spawn, fish, and other unsuspecting critters, into a child's wading pool or buckets or similar. I am sure the wildlife will enjoy their new and improved home.

I am curious about "picking up Euros." When you holiday in a place with different currency, do you not just go to a local ATM and use that? It is what we do, but perhaps that doesn't work with your bank, or you just prefer to have some local currency in hand? Here in the States, our local banks generally don't stock foreign currencies, and then you have to order it and the "administrative" fees can be high. Or, we can go to the exchange booth at our local airport, but that is also expensive. We find we get a better exchange rate with local ATMs and of course it's one less thing to do pre-trip. I should think your local banks would be more likely to have Euros to hand, than where I live, though! I'm just curious. Don't feel you must waste precious trip planning time satisfying the endless curiosity of your resident American.

And well done on sticking to your guns with Miss Mac! Apparently, she needs to learn the hard way. Some kids you can just tell things to, but other kids have to experience things for themselves. It's not a reflection of you as parents, just how they are. I hope you're not too discouraged.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Ann, I'm glad that MIL has been more settled recently. Let's hope she remains like that for the next few days as I'm sure that knowledge will help you go away with a quieter mind.

I am also glad that the sanctions are starting to bite and hope this means that your daughter's behaviour will improve considerably.

Well done on sticking to your working hours! If you all do this as much as possible, it might give upper management a bit of a kick. They certainly need a wake-up call!

Amy, we usually get some local money before we go away and then use credit card or ATM when we are there. We prefer to have some ready cash so that we don't have to faff around finding ATMs as soon as we arrive. Sometimes it is so helpful to have local currency, especially small denominations. We can get the money from many travel agents and supermarkets. Sometimes they have to be ordered, it depends what is wanted. There is usually no actual administration fee, the exchange rate is set to take that into account.

My 'new' choir sang at Tesco's today to help with their fundraising. It is great to see people taking a few minutes to listen, join in or just walk on with a spring in their step and know that we had a part in that :)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I always take Euros with me, but also get cash out at cashpoints (don't tend to use term ATM in UK).

LIke slugsta I like cash so I don't have to hunt a cash point. France where we often go hasn't been that card friendly, with most there still using cheques in supermarkets etc, whereas UK supermarkets haven't taken cheques for years, so for the type of holidays we do, we are in a rural area (cycling trip is often a farmers field) and 10,000 extra cyclists in town. Unlike UK French supermarkets don't do cashback or have cashpoints so have to locate a bank. This year the payment bracelet could be paid for with a card, but previously only cash to top it up, and dau hasn't had a card so needed cash for hers.

When we went to Turkey, a few years ago now, we didn't leave hotel, and needed cash for babysitting and tips.

I had to order swiss francs for daughter, ordered on line thur and arrived at local post office friday. She didn't go anywhere to get to an ATM as was a school trip.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Evening all,

Ann, I'm glad that MIL has been more settled recently. Let's hope she remains like that for the next few days as I'm sure that knowledge will help you go away with a quieter mind.

I am also glad that the sanctions are starting to bite and hope this means that your daughter's behaviour will improve considerably.

Well done on sticking to your working hours! If you all do this as much as possible, it might give upper management a bit of a kick. They certainly need a wake-up call!

Amy, we usually get some local money before we go away and then use credit card or ATM when we are there. We prefer to have some ready cash so that we don't have to faff around finding ATMs as soon as we arrive. Sometimes it is so helpful to have local currency, especially small denominations. We can get the money from many travel agents and supermarkets. Sometimes they have to be ordered, it depends what is wanted. There is usually no actual administration fee, the exchange rate is set to take that into account.

My 'new' choir sang at Tesco's today to help with their fundraising. It is great to see people taking a few minutes to listen, join in or just walk on with a spring in their step and know that we had a part in that :)
Oh I like “ sanctions”!!! Perfect word. How glad I am that the teen years are so far behind!

Choir effect description has left me with a spring in my step too. Which will be of inestimable value in the day ahead! Just back from 6 day trip. Five hour flight home. No fresh food in house. Easter traffic on roads. Husband with dementia chose our holiday to relinquish his awareness of his potentially lethal skin disease which requires cortisone cream three times a day. So that’s joined my lengthening list of tasks! Love to all, Carolyn.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Amy, we have found that sometimes, as we like to go off and explore when we go away, locating a cashpoint (ATM), especially in out of the way places, can be pretty much impossible! So, I get my euro's before we travel, from the post office, or the bank or even one of the local supermarkets :)

Slugsta, I hate supermarket shopping, but on the odd ocasion that I find a choir or group of some sort, fundraising and singing as I go in, it puts a spring in my step too! I must admit, I have a thing about 'pushy' charity colletions at supermarkets, but if there is something like a choir, I am far more likely to donate, just as a 'Thank you' for making a job I hate a lot more pleasant :) x

JM - this time its me puzzled - what is a payment bracelet? I don't think I've come across that before!

Carolyn, it sounds like you had an exhausting journey, which combined with your OH's issues over understanding he needs to use his cream, must mean you are shattered! Sending you {{{{{{big hugs}}}}} and hoping that you managed to enjoy some of the holiday xxxxx

Last day in work today, thank crunchie! Long - but nice - day yesterday, with my group who are doing the fund raising in memory of the young lady from our group, who passed away in December. We have already raised £170 on Just Giving, and yesterday was a meeting to sort charity evening fund raiser and auction, raffle, pub quiz and the training schedule for the 3 Peaks challenge - which is now them doing just the Welsh 3 Peaks challenge. The cost of doing the UK challenge was absolutely prohibitive, it would cost more than we were likely to raise, and as we have several very kind and lovely people who have offered to do the climbs with the group, we didn't want them that much out of pocket, either. We have had some fab prizes donated for the charity auction, including scuba diving lessons, and a weekend break at a luxury B&B in mid Wales, and with help from several lovely people, we will be holding the auction at a fundraising 4 course medieval banquet in August, complete with a medieval reenactment group doing some demonstrations and displays, and a (not very medieval) disco :) The training scedule will see me acting as chauffeur, driving the group to tackle a series of climbs locally, starting small and growing, from the week after I get back off holiday. Its going to be very busy for the next few months!

I like the 'sanctions' too Carolyn - they actually seem to be having some effect on dau! She is sorting her own transport (with some mumbling and moaning, but no digs at us and no melt downs), towels are being placed directly into laundry basket (she makes a tiny bit of a production of that, just to let us know that she is doing it :D ) , and I peeped in her room yesterday - its not perfect, but for her, its not bad at all, either. A gentle reminder will be delivered today or tomoorw about how her phone plan is still in jeopardy unless she keeps her room decent.

For the second night in a row, had bad pain in hips, shoulder and back, and sleep has been hard to come by. Maybe 3 hours per night, for the last 2 nights, so I am shattered. I had a sauna last night, used my various pain relief and supposedly sleep enhancing creams, but no good - went to bed at 10.30, gave up trying to sleep at just gone 2a.m., when restless legs started to keep company with the pain, fell asleep on sofa, on a bed of cushions placed to try and take pressure off the sore joints, at some time after 3, and was wide awake at 5.30. I'm going to have to increase the pain killer dose today, soemthing I hate doing, but I really have to try and get some sleep tonight.

5 essential admin jobs today, which I hope to get finished in the 3.5 hours left of my working week, then all work related tech is being switched off, and IF I get any work related stuff sent to my personal phone or email, it will be ignored. I have a busy couple of days ahead, with holiday prep, house sorting and a journey on Sat to meet friends in mid Wales, but am hoping that Monday will be a nice chilled day, before we travel. OH is off this afternoon, so we are going to visit Mil and are hoping to find her awake this time!

Hope you all have a lovely day xxxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Ann, I am so sorry you are in so much pain again (((hugs))). Trying to work on just a few hours sleep is no laughing matter either :( Have you tried of the herbal remedies ( I believe that they are available from high street pharmacies)? Failing that, an old fashioned antihistamine (not one of the new 'non drowsy' versions) might help to break the cycle of insomnia. This is the ingredient in the OTC sleeping remedies that can be purchased.

Your group are really working hard at their fundraising, aren't they? They are a credit to themselves and everyone concerned :)

I hope you have a good visit with MIL.

Carolyn, welcome home. I am sorry that actually getting home was such a long drag for you. And sorry that you now have to sort out the steroid creams, on top of everything else (((hugs))).

Today I am taking my TM out for lunch as it was his birthday 2 days ago :)

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Oh thank you for my special hugs!!! So lovely to be back on TP. I had my phone in Sydney but It Wasn't the Same. Heaps of love to all, it's great to be back here. Carolyn. XXXXX

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Ann, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with so much pain. I wish I could send you my wonderful massage therapist, or a good night's sleep, or something. I don't know how you can function like this.

I did know to say "cashpointl rather than "ATM," I just forgot. I'll get the hang of this English language eventually! If I could just go to the supermarket or local bank and pick up whatever currency I need, without the special order and the waiting and the fees, I would probably do that also. I do have a bad moment on every holiday where I think, what if our card doesn't work???

Stay strong with those teenage sanctions!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Up ridiculously early again tis morning, but I actually had a bit of a better night last night - Slugsta, great minds and all that, not quite antihystamines, but I very occasionally suffer from vertigo/labrynthitus. The meds for that are also prescribed for severe travel sickness, and make you very drowsy. I don't often resort to them, but last night I took 2 before bed, and I have had about 5 hours sleep, which is a big improvement on the previous two nights. Herbal remedies - yep, given them a go. Even tried hemp oil, which is similar apparently to canabis oil (which research has found to be extremely beneficial for fibro, as well as a host of other things - but of course its illegal, so can't actually use it) - I admit, I didn't stick with that long as the taste is exactly how artists linseed oil smells, and you are supposed to hold it in your mouth for 5 minutes. It made me heave and feel very sick. Mindfulness, relaxation sounds, the sauna - I think all these things help, so long as I am not having what I've seen referred to as a 'flare'. Which is basically times when for no apparent reason, certain joints are prone to extreme pain for a period of time. That used to be restricted to my hip and back, but now my shoulders, especially my left shoulder, seem to have got in on the act, unfortunately. I am supposed to take up to 8 x 500mg cocodamol , plus 6 x 300mg gabapentin a day - but, with all the side effects and long term issues that are associated with that, I try to keep it to a maximum of half that dose. I think that when its this bad, I just have to ride it out - and be grateful for the fact that I am one of those people who can mostly manage on very little sleep!

Hope you enjoyed your lunch out, btw :)

Carolyn, when I get home from a break, TP is the first place I check into as well xxxx

Lol Amy - it's hard to know which terms/words are likely to be recognised between the US and the UK. I think it was on your thread that you mentioned 'brackets', in relation to Slugsta' OH's 'title' - now that's a term I had never heard before! And sometimes the meanings are sooooooo different. Taking kids to Florida, when son was about 8 or 9 really highlighted that one. Going into one of the parks, security asked to search what we could call a 'bum bag' - but in the US, it's called a 'F***y pack' - which is what the chap asked for, only in this country the word 'f***y' is thought of as being very rude. Cue my son gasping in shock, then screaming with laughter as he pointed to the bemused security guard and shouted 'Mum - that man said a rude word!'.

I finished work just a little later than I'd hoped yesterday, and then resolutely turned everything off and locked the door to my office. It felt good, I must admit . OH arrived home about 10 minutes later, so after some lunch and half an hour or sitting doing nothing, we then headed out to visit Mil, taking the retro style 'Snakes and Ladders' game that the kids had bought for her with us.

Not a good visit. Oh, Mil was OK, pleasant enough mood. But we walked in to find her once again more or less prone on the chair, looking like she was about to slide off, and not a cushion in sight :mad: I was fuming. Grabbed the nearest member of staff, and this time made my annoyance crystal clear, no being tactful about it. I'm getting cross just typing this out! As I said, how many times do I have to ask/remind them about this? In 9 visits that I have made, plus another 2 solo visits made by OH not ONCE have we seen them being used, since they were bought. We have been assured by some staff that they are used 'usually' , but as I pointed out, surely in that case the law of averages would suggest that we would at least sometimes have witnessed that happening for ourselves. Very bluntly I pointed out that she was unable to eat properly when left lying like that, that there was a risk of choking or of her just being left hungry, which is totally unacceptable. I also said that sooner or later, she would slide right out of the chair, be injured and possibly even break a limb. What really added to my anger was that the staff claimed that he didn't even know that the cushions belonged to Mil (despite them being marked with her name) and nor had he been told to use them. He apologised profusely and went looking for them. He eventually headed down one of the corridors where residents bedrooms are situated before returning with the wedge shaped one. Which indicates that they were being used in another residents room. Now, I'm fine about them 'sharing' Mil's DVD's for example - it doesn't hurt her if occasionally someone else gets pleasure from watching one of her films or whatever. But the cushions are a different matter, they were bought for her benefit, with her money and with good reason. They should not be given to someone else to use whilst she is left uncomfortable and in danger of falling off her chair!. I asked about the other cushion and then made it very clear that if I walked in again and found the same situation, that I really would be kicking up a serious fuss.

OH and I positioned the wedge behind her, and got her lifted up in the chair. The difference it instantly makes - she snuggled into the cushion and looked so much more comfortable and alert once she was more upright. I showed her the game - she identified it as a 'jig saw', bless her. Tried having a game with her, but no joy - oh well. It was worth a go. I think it made me especially sad, partly because of me being tired, and partly because I was so upset over the whole cushion business. I really had hoped that she would get some pleasure from playing it, because its such a simple game and because I hoped the retro style would spark some recollection of how to play it.

The staff eventually returned with the other cushion, and before we left, OH and I persuaded her to stand so it could be put into place - only to find that she was absolutely soaking wet, to the point that her skirt was dripping :mad: True, it wasn't obvious till she stood, but now I am left wondering how often she is checked to see if she needs changing? Something else I will be keeping an eye on when I visit in future. But so cross that , as with the cushions, I have to take steps to ensure that the most basic things are done for her comfort. It's not as if we are expecting them to go above and beyond in her care - just, for goodness sake, make sure she is clean and comfortable!

And breathe! We/I will visit again either on Sunday or Monday, just to see if my fuss yesterday has made a difference.

From the CH, we picked up the holiday cash and as dau was out at a concert in Manchester (and after the atrocity there a year ago, I was stressing just a bit over that!) , and we picked up a selection of salads and nice crusty breads for tea. So tired, I headed to bed at just after 10.30, but only relaxed enough for sleep when, after I thought I heard her coming in, I then nipped downstairs - to find her shoes in the middle of the dining room floor - a typical dead giveaway that she was home and safe!

Today - not a lot planned. Pootling round the house to keep it tidy before we go, packing ready for travel and maybe sorting out the Lily Savage grey roots. Tomorrow, off to S Wales for the day, Sunday and Monday, hopefully quite chilled. Tuesday morning, I'll make sure dau has enough food and so on in, then off we will go! Horribly cold and wet here at the moment, almost non-stop rain - so temps of 20 - 22c, and sunshine, are something to look forward too!

Happy Easter to all, hope you all have a lovely weekend xxxxx

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I have been so stressed/busy/down, I haven’t read this thread for ages. I hope I’ve pretty well caught up. Have a lovely holiday..and I hope everyone has a good long weekend off from work.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Ann, I am sorry that your visit to MIL was so difficult. Like you, I would have been furious that the cushions were not being used and incandescent to find they were being used by someone else!! :mad: Add to that the fact that MIL was so wet and I am rapidly revising my opinion of the CH. Of course, this raises more problems due to MIL's outbursts and the scarcity of other places that could meet her needs :( I really hope the next visit is better, not least so that you can go away without worrying about it.

What a lovely idea for your kids to buy MIL the snakes and ladders game! Do try again, it might be more successful another time.

I am saddened to hear that you are still in so much pain :( I'm afraid I am no-where near as stoical as you! Unable to tolerate drugs like gabapentin or NSAIDs, I take a hefty amount of dihydrocodeine a day :oops: I used to balance taking it so that I was still fit to drive but now, after taking it for nearly 8 years, it doesn't tend to make me drowsy at all.

Amy, you know what they say about Americans and Brits - 2 nations, divided by a common language! :D

TM and I had a nice lunch yesterday. As we were leaving the pub, a group of 4 were entering. One of the ladies and I did a joint 'double take' and then both said 'It is you!'. She is the mother of my son's (much missed) ex. They live in London but were down here taking her partner's parents out for lunch. We always got on really well and I have regretted that we lost touch when our offspring parted (we both admitted that we are still mourning the break up). She says they come down here quite often to see the parents, so I am hoping that we can get together for a coffee sometime (son is OK with this, he and the ex have managed to maintain a good friendship) :)

I hope everyone has a good day, doing whatever they enjoy. I am having a 'duvet day' as OH is out (playing bowls, of course!) and we have a busy day planned for tomorrow.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Amethyst - sorry you have been stressed and busy. *hug*
I am following posts - just not had time to post myself but echo the 'good wishes' for your holiday, Ann, and to all for Easter.
Reason for silence -- emergency c-section and a stint on neo-natal. Hopefully out of the woods now!
IMG_1289.JPG

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Red, what a beauty!
I’m just checking whilst at Gordano on the way home. Due to the time and the weather, it’s packed!
More when I get home!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh My Red - what a little sweetheart <3

Welcome to the world, little one - and big congrats to Mum, Dad and Grandparents xxxxxx