So bizarre !

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Well it looks like the 2jays have been busy...

After a gig in a pub, Holiday in canaries, pop back for a sit in a tree in Amy’s garden

Now hibernating as had loads more snow yesterday, then the temp dropped so snow turned to ice

Skies turned a beautiful blue this afternoon. Sooo pretty

5A71700B-DFED-4102-8328-5E3366B2278A.jpeg

Now expecting -14 overnight temperatures....

Keep safe everyone. Squishy hugs all xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
@2jays, thank you for the photos and they are LOVELY. Just beautiful.

I will keep my eyes peeled and my camera ready in case your namesake birds show up again in my garden. Maybe I'll tempt them with some seed.

I will have to look up the temperature conversion but it sounds cold. Brrrr.

Hope everyone is safe and warm and here are (((((hugs))))) for you all.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
We've only got a cm or so of snow, but the layer on the roof of my car, has travelled 10 miles to school drop off and station car park and 10 miles back.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Amy, do you use centigrade/Celsius or Fahrenheit scale for temperature? All us oldies are used to F, but as most things on T.V etc are in C, I guess 2Jays temp was C. Cold! It’s 0 C here.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
@2jays your photos are lovely - not as much snow as you, the green around the snowman was white when we returned from tobogganing yesterday and is still white, the tobogganing is near Cadole, just outside Mold

Attachments

• 20171210_154349.jpg
    20171210_154349.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 20171210_154352.jpg
    20171210_154352.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 271
  • 20171210_104526.jpg
    20171210_104526.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 273

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
@Spamar, we use Fahrenheit in the States. We were supposed to switch to metric back in the 1970s, but it never happened (possibly political?).

I can do a quick and dirty conversion from C to F (double and add thirty) but am not sure how precise it is. I can't convert from F to C without looking it up, though!

Where I live is not usually a terribly cold climate, but it's grey and damp in the winter, so it actually feels colder to me than the colder places I've lived! If that makes sense. Likely all in my head.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Where I live is not usually a terribly cold climate, but it's grey and damp in the winter, so it actually feels colder to me than the colder places I've lived! If that makes sense. Likely all in my head.

I think you are right.

When I visited Michigan in the the snow, I found I didn’t need a heavy coat as even though there was thick snow everywhere, it was dry snow and I actually felt quite warm. When I came back to uk, I felt frozen and there wasn’t even any snow in the uk, but I was aware of the damp cold air

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

I see some of you are still suffering from very low temperatures, don't blame anyone for deciding to stay warm inside!

It's strange, we worked in Centigrade when I trained in the late 70s yet people younger than me still seem to work in Fahrenheit? It has been down to -3C here, which is cold by our standards. I was met with sleet when I went out yesterday morning. We went out for dinner last night and came home around 10.30. By that time the temperature had dropped and the car doors needed some persuasion to open!

Quiet day for me now, just choir this evening. Had a call from my cousin, Lesley, who is planning to come down for a few days in January. It was interesting to talk about our different approaches to motherhood and how those were influenced by our mothers and grandmother. Grandma had vascular dementia in her later years but could always be 'difficult' even before that.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Still lots of snow, but it’s wet slushy snow and not iced up as we were warned it was going to be thankfully

Hoping AnnMac and juggles, everyone is safe and warm xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I’ve run out of bird food

I have Rob the robin who is my faithful companion when I’m out in the garden.

Today he is giving me a right earful as he isn’t impressed with cornflakes for his breakfast today :D

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Well, you could bring me some cornflakes and I wouldn’t throw them at you! At choir practice last night I could see my breath! And the organ was wonky because of the cold. Hope the church is warmer on Sunday!
Keep warm everyone, love to Ann x

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
My choir rehearse in a sports centre and have no need of an organ (oooh, er, matron!) so all was well yesterday! It is much warmer here now and rather wet. Cribbage for us this evening (at the bowls club).

Hope that everyone else is doing OK.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Just wondering what it’s going to be like next week or was the number of people out and about today governed by two days bad weather. The bank had a puddle filling half the car park, and about 10 people waiting at the cash machine. My fav cafe was full, the supermarket car park was full, never did get to do the shopping! Then it started raining!
However, no snow or ice today.
Tomorrow, full day. Neighbours, then off early for our singing group Christmas dinner. Getting a lift, so can have a drink or three!
Keep dry!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Just want to say hello and things are fine here, just busy.

Cold again today, the wind and the grey skies are the worst, but it's just below freezing here. We are meant to get some snow (my weather app says it's snowing right now, but not out the window where I am) and as long as it doesn't interfere in getting to my support group, or to my exercise class after that, or home, then fine!

I'm at a coffee shop/bakery type place (like a Pret but they assemble the food on premises and I think Pret is tastier) sitting next to the gas fire until it's time to go to my group. The neurologist saw my mother yesterday so I'm anxious to hear his report.

Hope you're all staying warm and dry!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
The snow was a non-event, thank goodness. It's still 29F but I'm home and in bed with a heating pad and two cats to help keep me warm.

I saw a friend for a late lunch and managed a couple of errands (forgetting something from the grocery store, of course) and made it to my support group and my exercise class.

The neurologist saw my mother yesterday and he thinks she may have orthostatic hypotension (also called postural hypotension). He has ordered some lab work to rule out other problems (infection, dehydration) and will talk to her GP about adjusting her meds. He is such a great doctor, and a nice person, and I'm so thankful. He feels that the BP problem could explain the confusion, disorientation, walking, and so on, that we've noticed the past few weeks. So let's hope he's right and that it's not too difficult to fix.

How is everyone here? Thinking of you all, in cold churches or with wonky organs or out of bird seed and so on!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I’m SO glad I mentioned the wonky organ. As I typed it, I thought that looks a bit dodgy, but then I reasoned that the folk on TP would be MUCH too mature to think anything but what I meant. How wrong I was! I’m very disappointed in you all. I thought you were better than that. (Shakes head sadly, and exits stage left).

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I’m SO glad I mentioned the wonky organ. As I typed it, I thought that looks a bit dodgy, but then I reasoned that the folk on TP would be MUCH too mature to think anything but what I meant. How wrong I was! I’m very disappointed in you all. I thought you were better than that. (Shakes head sadly, and exits stage left).

Beware the big brother is my motto from now on

Didn’t write it, but had loads of organ thoughts
:D :D