So bizarre !

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Ann you said that MIL was hot, sweaty, tired, quiet and went to bed without a fuss. The next day she had pain in her bottom so could it be that she spent the day walking, wore herself out and suffered from sore muscles the next day.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Ann, I do hope that you had a lovely day and were able to re-charge your batteries with no thoughts of dementia - it is certainly what you deserve. I'm glad that you had a calm evening, hope the morning routine went well too. The buttock pain is a mystery, the suggestions re sciatica or muscle pain are both good. Is the pain both sides or just one?

Yes, I can see how the money spent on the arts hub and the prison could be somewhat galling when nothing is spent on care of the elderly :mad: I am not the kind of person who believes that everything must be useful and money spent on beauty is wasted - but I do think we should get our priorities sorted!

I'm glad you are pleased with your new look. My hair was down lower than my bra strap when I was in my 20s (Mum had always kept it very short and practical and I rebelled as soon as I was able) and I had it cut to shoulder length when our son was tiny. Then I went really short when I was swimming a lot. However, because of the way it waves, it needed washing and drying each morning, it's actually more convenient for me now that it is shoulder length again. Mind you, I will be glad when I can wash and style it myself again rather than relying on hubby to do it for me!

Grace, it's lovely that you have put so much thought into MIL's gifts, you really are a very nice lady :) I do hope they are appreciated.

We picked Mum up from DC after lunch and took her to her Memory Clinic appointment. It was sad to see how much she has lost since the last appointment about 6 months ago. She still managed to get the clock numbers in the right order, but not the right places, but this time she only drew in one hand when asked to draw them at 10 past 5 - and even that she was unsure of. When given 1 minute to name as many animals as possible she said 'dog, tiger, deer' and then stopped. Eventually she added 'leopard, lion and jaguar' before the time ran out. Mind you, she did get the day and date correct, which she didn't manage last week. They checked that we were coping, again suggested that we try and claim AA, and said they will review in 1 year, if Mum is still with us. Then we took her back to DC, don't want to upset the routine as she is enjoying it now!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone,

Apart from the (brief) tummy upset on Saturday late afternoon, Lynn, Mil doesn't seem to have had any more bowel problems - she tends to leave a fair bit of - er - evidence if she is having any problems in that area, so I'm as certain as I can be that she is OK in that respect. I think Lemony may have got something with the 'sore muscles' from excessive walking, perhaps - she indicates that its actually in the 'cheeks' of both buttocks that she is feeling pain, and is convinced its as a result of a 'kick' or fall, that she must have a bruise there, so I'd say definitely muscular. Having said that, no mention of any discomfort when she came home last night - so I'll see how she is this morning. All I can think to do is give pain relief. Her skin isn't in bad condition at the moment, but she is prone to dryness, cellulitus and of course, her skin is so thin, that I don't think that any of the muscle rubs or sprays would be a good idea. I'm calling into the chemist today - I want to get one of the larger weekly tablet boxes - so I think I'll ask for advice there, just in case there is something that they can come up with.

Grace, I think the gifts for your Mil are lovely, so thoughtful - I hope she enjoys them, and that the new phones are sorted whilst she is busy setting up her flowers and planters :D I'll ask the chemist if they think it could be sciatica, but as I understood it, that tends to be actually in the back, rather than bottom? However, never having had it (thankfully) I will ask to make sure xxxx

You've summed it up well, for me Slugsta - its not that I think the money is wasted on the art hub, more that the priorities seem wrong. Just 10% of what has been spent on it would give an extra respite bed for several years - and of course, some of that money would be clawed back from self funders like Mil anyway.

Mil no longer has the memory tests, here Slugsta - I think her score must have dropped so low at the last one - about 2 years ago - that it had just reached the point where there was no longer any point at all. About 4 years ago, though, I remember being in the car with her and OH when she was going to one of the appointments there, and she spent the whole journey 'practising' the date, and the name of the PM, repeating them over and over like a mantra - she remembered that they had asked her those questions previously, and was determined to get them right! Like yourself, we always get Mil back to DC after appointments (and always try to make sure that any appointments are first thing in the morning) as the less disruption to her routine, the better.

Had a really nice day yesterday, it was good to catch up with my friend D - she is quite a character, never fails to make me laugh :D She had missed out on previous photo trips to Broughton to play plane spotting, so we went there, stoppng for lunch at the lovely Chocs Away when we arrived. Typically, the only sighting of the beluga we got was it taking off as we parked and before we got our camera's out, but with the old fighter planes that they have dotted around the place, we found plenty of subjects to focus on (excuse the pun!). The sky was really gorgeous - blue mixed with some impressive and striking clouds, plus some sun that glinted off the planes really nicely, so I set up the camera to take shots with the intention of practising some HDR tricks in photoshop later, and I'm looking forward to some editing as soon as I can fit it in. We ended up there for quite a while, and as we were leaving, a bonus - the buzzard that hunts over the aviation park landed on a fence quite near to us. Too windy for me to get lots of pics, but I did manage 2 or 3 that I think are pretty OK, so I was happy with that.

Again, last night, Mil wasn't too bad - but very orientated around OH, looking to him to answer all her questions and comments, and quite blatently 'blanking' both me and youngest when we spoke to her. I ignored it, but it did annoy youngest once or twice, because its just so rude. We did have a brief bout of 'I'm going home - why do you want to keep me here?', but it wasn't bad and at 9, she trundled off to bed with no problems. Thats one, I suppose 'reasonable evening', followed by two that have been a lot better than the average - maybe the extra orlanzapine is actually helping? Although she remained rather 'off' with me (as she has been a lot of the time lately) at least I haven't had as many of the usual insulting and offensive comments and accusations thrown in my direction over the last 2 or 3 days - which makes a nice change.

Plans for today involve catch up after a weekend when I just enjoyed my oldest two being home and after me doing very little yesterday. If I can, I want to try and get some editing done, and I should really (now I have a new 'do') get round to dealing with my 'Mallon streak' - I'm not going grey all over, just a rather bold stripe of white growing out on the right of my hair at the front! I did suggest that I should leave it, and simply dye the rest of my hair black - you know, go for some 'Morticia chic' - but neither OH nor youngest thought much of that idea, so I guess I'll stick with the 'all over dark brown' :p

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I used to have a Mallen streak! I just left it and now the rest of my hair has caught up!:D

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
Weren't The Mallens a strong steady family? With a few problems along the way. Fiction and reality eh? Just saying.

If you dye your hair darker as you get older, black particularly it makes you look older, you should always go a shade lighter than the natural colour evidently, says I who bought a colouring before Christmas and not managed to use it yet! Still grey at sides and whispy bit on top!

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
Morning ....

Hope MiL will appreciate her 'garden gifts', even if she does not really understand they are for Mothers Day.
Niece is under orders to keep telling MiL that she thinks her new boxes are much nicer than her neighbours ...
Fingers crossed for a dry Saturday, or this visit will have to be rescheduled.

I don't think its worth trying to install new phones with MiL worrying about everything.
Best to keep her busy outside.... and I'm hoping that she will make a big show of it (take her time)
when she is at the front, and in view of her neighbours.

Niece just needs to pick up a few trays of plants (I've already got compost) on the day.
Her Mum (SiL) knows what is planned, and I will be in shock if she decides to join them.

AnnM..
Have a look at .... webmd.boots.com What is sciatica?

Great Auntie that lived with us as kids, had sciatica and had occasional pain in her bottom.
Your MiL might be 'sitting funny' in DC, are the chairs comfortable?
I know when I come back from Out Patients I can sometimes have lower back pain.

Take care xxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Ann, I'm glad you had a lovely day yesterday, have come back with some projects in mind and have had a couple of more pleasant days with MIL. I can well believe that the absence of insults and rudeness is a big relief!

As someone who suffers from permanent sciatica, MIL's pain does not sound typical - but she will not be able to describe things very articulately and people can have 'atypical' presentations anyway, so worth considering.

I always think of my Mum with a 'Mallen streak' as she had very dark, almost black, hair with a striking white streak from as far back as I can remember. Now she is silver all over, it would be pretty if she was interested in such things. I am generally 'salt and pepper'. I saw my boss, who was 10 years older than me, have to get her roots done every few weeks once she started trying to cover the grey and decided I didn't have the time nor energy for that. I certainly couldn't do it now anyway.

I forgot to tell you that mum phoned us yesterday to say she had no tablets. At 5.50 am. When I pointed out the time she said 'Yes, I know. I have run out of tablets' As it happened, I had it in hand but I do hope she does not start ringing at that time of the morning. She has always been 'early to rise.' I am not! Today we went out for our usual coffee and cake, I think she quite enjoys having hubby with us at the moment.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Lol, Izzy - I doubt if the rest of my hair would be that long catching up, either :D And Mrs Busy, I bought a 'dark golden brown' because that seemed closest to my natural colour - however, its turned out considerably darker than I expected and I definitely think it is too dark and harsh - if I remember, and if I get time, I'll be changing it in the next day or so, that's for sure!

I think you are right about keeping your Mil occupied whilst the phones are being sorted, Grace - got fingers crossed that it works x I think I'll get Mil to the GP if the discomfort persists, as Slugsta says, Mil may not be decribing or explaining as clearly or accurately as you or I would, so its a really hard call to make. All the chemist could suggest was heat/muscle rubs or sprays, but also agreed that with her COPD, the sprays wouldn't be good for her breathing and with her fragile skin, it would be best to speak to the GP before using any sort of rub.

My oldests birthday is Halloween, R-Anne, we have had some great themed parties, and years ago I very deliberately gave myself temporary 'Mallon streaks' as part of my fancy dress costume on the night - have to say, the 'fake streak' looked a lot better than the 'real life' one that I now have :D

Your Mum phoning at that time over the tablets rang a loud bell with me, Slugsta! We had a couple of occasions where Mil rang here (prior to moving in) at 'unsociable' times, fretting over appointments she had coming up or other matters. I'm an early bird, so I caught some of them and like you, I would say to her 'Mil, its only 5a.m.' and it would be glossed over as she repeated whatever the current concern was, dismissing the early hour. All she could focus on was what was bothering her. We didn't have a phone upstairs, and now and again we would get up to similar messages left on our machine, at even earlier hours. Thankfully, it never became a massive problem, until the last week or so that she lived alone, but it was a slightly worrying development.

No complaints of 'bottom pain' from Mil yesterday, but she was rather 'odd' when she got up - no complaints of pain anywhere, but she was walking with her knees bent, legs quite wide apart and bent forward at the waist. I said something along the lines of 'Stand up straight, Hun - your back is going to ache if you walk like that', and she just kept repeating in this really feeble voice 'I can't, I can't - I'm an old, old woman now'. Very strange :confused: I was thinking that it would have to be a GP visit, but as we went through getting her washed, she slowly straightened into her more normal posture and walked back to her bedroom with nothing more than the usual shuffly gait. I'm assuming she was stiff and perhaps a bit achey when she woke, and that triggered her thinking she was an 'old, old woman'?

Downstairs, she was all for OH again, until he left for work, then she launched into a rant about how the people at the school she goes to are all 'robbing bu99ers' and a complicated tale of how the new hair slide she had bought had been stolen from her handbag and how she had actually seen one woman there wearing it. And how she was going 'to have that b**** when I get there today'. In between, we had a bit of the coat loop, but mainly it was all about this hair slide - which of course, never existed in the first place :rolleyes: I tipped off the driver when he arrived, just in case it continued when she arrived in DC - I'd tried distraction and offering alternative explanations (perhaps it fell out of your bag and that lady just found it?) but she wasn't having any of it and was pretty cross.

Got everything done apart from my editing yesterday. Slight panic at half 9 when I glanced out the window and suddenly saw that snow had replaced the rain and it was actually sticking - leapt in the car and got the shopping out of the way, first thing (hate driving on snowy roads!) and was worrying about picking up Mil at 5 (Mil nagging, heavy traffic and snow is a really, really bad combination!) but within an hour or so, it turned to sleet, then rain, then hail then more rain, so thankfully, the roads soon cleared. I also tackled sorting Mils meds for the first time. It took me about an hour and a half - but that included some rather obsessive checking on my part, and me typing out a list of contents with descriptions and dosage times (Just in case, by some fluke, there is some sort of emergency and someone else has to dole out the meds, apart from OH or I). It was quite straightforward and again, I was left wondering what the pharmacists found so very difficult about it?

Picked Mil up and the snow fall of earlier in the day had clearly 'lodged' in her head - all the way home, panicking about her husband being stuck at the football match in the snow - "Because its worse in Limerick than it is here, Ann" - not that there was a trace of snow to be seen by that time, anyway. At home, I had another hour or so of confabulations, all snow based - about how she had fallen in the snow in Mold that afternoon, how the bus from Limerick had ben cancelled because of the snow, how she had forgotten her umbrella while she was out in the snow, etc. OH came home, and it was as if I had vanished. Ignoring me when I spoke to her, interrupting OH and I when we were speaking, some rather nasty glares in my direction, really very rude. I didn't comment, but by her bed time, I was fed up, I must admit. OH sat her at the table for the night time porridge, and as soon as he went into the kitchen she got up to follow him - I called to her to 'sit down please' and was ignored. OH guided her back to the table and made a joke about it, but fed up of being blanked, I didn't find it that funny to be honest. Getting her to bed, I took a leaf from her book and didn't speak other than to ask her to do each task. As soon as I could, I escaped downstairs, leaving her to finish putting her pjs on and go to bed. 5 minutes later she opened the living room door, called 'Goodnight Ann' in a very pointed way, shut the door and went back up - clearly, when she is on the recieving end of being 'blanked', she doesn't find it so acceptable :rolleyes:

Youngest off to Stratford today, to both see 'A Midsummers NIghts Dream' and take part in a workshop with the RSC actors involved - she won't be home till around midnight, so a late night ahead - OH is going to pick her up, but I doubt I'll sleep till I know she is home, lol. OH and I are supposed to be heading for a run up the coast with the dogs - but we'll have to see what the weather is doing first.

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
5 minutes later she opened the living room door, called 'Goodnight Ann' in a very pointed way, shut the door and went back up -
How does she remember that you did not say goodnight when she can't retain anything else for 5 minutes?!! :eek::confused:

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
How does she remember that you did not say goodnight when she can't retain anything else for 5 minutes?!! :eek::confused:

You tell me! After she had done it, I said pretty much the same to OH - how come she can retain and remember anything that I do (real or imaginary) that she considers 'wrong', yet half the time can't remember a request or instructions 30 seconds after I've given it!

Pain in bum is back again - thinking back to Lemony's post, once again when I picked her up last night she was really hot and bothered, her face glistening with sweat and her hair quite wet - really think that there may be a lot in the idea that excessive walking/pacing at DC may be the root cause of this mysterious pain.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
You tell me! After she had done it, I said pretty much the same to OH - how come she can retain and remember anything that I do (real or imaginary) that she considers 'wrong', yet half the time can't remember a request or instructions 30 seconds after I've given it!

Could it be because it matters? When it's stuff that doesn't 'matter' to her, like wash your face, now your arms she doesn't 'engage' with it so it's not retained, even for a second but when it's something that matters to her she does 'engage' with it, and take it in, so it stays, at least for a little while.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I'm glad your snow didn't stick Ann. Like you, I hate driving in it. I didn't learn to drive until I lived down here and we get snow so rarely so I have never had the chance to get used to it -and I'm happy for it to stay that way!

I hope everyone else is warm, snug and safe.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone,

Could it be because it matters? When it's stuff that doesn't 'matter' to her, like wash your face, now your arms she doesn't 'engage' with it so it's not retained, even for a second but when it's something that matters to her she does 'engage' with it, and take it in, so it stays, at least for a little while.

Maybe that would explain it, Essie, it certainly makes sense to me. I also wonder if its something to do with the way that she can become very much more articulate and give such fast verbal responses when she is agitated at times- maybe some sort of adrenalin spike that heightens her ability to not only when it comes to speaking, but perhaps has an impact on her short term memory capacity?

I've asked at DC, but mostly it seems that she is up and down, and not sitting for long periods, piph - doesn't tend to settle sitting for very long any where, and gets worse as the day goes on, from what the staff have said. It seems to be mainly when she wakes - but her bed is pretty new (a profile bed), same with mattress, so I don't think its a problem caused by the bed. When I made her bed yesterday, I raised the foot end, just very slightly, thinking if she has got into the habit of sleeping in an awkward position maybe, it might help - we'll see when she gts up this morning.

I wasn't too bad at driving in the snow up to about 7 years ago, Slugsta, when I worked as a home carer for a while. We live in a quite rural area, and some of the clients I had to visit lived pretty much in the back of beyond, down little more than 'tracks' with no street lighting. Even more lived in 'high' villages, with steep hills and narrow streets. We had about a week of fairly bad snow the last winter I worked there, and over that week, I ran out of fingers to count the number of near misses I had, numerous skids and slides and at least 2 complete 360 degree turns where I was very lucky not to be injured - completely broke my confidence for snow driving, and another reason for me to be very keen to get out of that line of care work!

I gave Mil paracetamol with her breakfast meds yesterday, though to be honest, the complaints about pains in her bum had dwindled out by the time she finished eating anyway - still, just in case! OH was still in bed, and in his absence, she spoke reasonably politely to me, though the coat loop kicked in about 10 minutes before the driver turned up, and she was starting to get a bit verbally nasty with that.

OH and I had our day out, taking Old Red down to Prestatyn for a good walk with the dogs on one beach, having fish and chips for lunch, then heading home via Talacre beach, for another ramble. Cold - especially at Prestatyn - but certainly blew the cobwebs away and it was a pretty day, if very fresh!

We got home about 4-ish, had a peaceful sit down and a cuppa, before OH went to pick up Mil. OH looked rather fed up on his return, and Mil came steaming through the door, discarding coat and bag on chairs as she shot through, wanting the loo - turns out she had a bowel accident, not the runs, more she just said she 'didn't realise' she needed to go, which has happened a few times and its her usual explanation for any 'accidents'. Got her cleaned up and settled with a cuppa, then went to sort tea and OH came through saying she had been adamant all the way home that she had 'just bought' a white car for £65, had left it parked in the hospital car park and was then begging, pleading and shouting at OH to drive to the hospital so she could pick it up to go home! Mil can't drive, has never even had one lesson in her whole life, yet was certain she had bought and driven this darn car and had been - from OH's account - an absolute menace as he was driving home. He went back to sit in the front room with her and when I went to call them through for tea, OH was issuing a very firm 'I'm sorry - I'm not going to talk about that any more' - apparently she had gone off on the 'Home' business again. Tea gave us a brief (very brief) break, after tea it was straight into the flipping twilight zone and we paid for the previous 3 nights relative peace. She had brought a young boy home with her - where had he gone? She said that I had spoken to him and offered him some food, but he said he wasn't hungry and had gone to play upstairs and now she couldn't find him. What was she going to tell his Mother? Had we done something with him? We hadn't let him out by himself, had we? She went up the stairs, banging on the locked bedroom doors, back down wringing her hands and begging us to tell her where he had gone - but refusing to accept he had 'gone home', when we tried saying that. Back up the stairs, getting more and more agitated, more rattling and banging at doors, back down and more pleading with us to somehow produce this child that has never existed in the first place. OH got firm with her, told her there was no child, that she must have got 'mixed up' with a previous occasion and that she had to either calm down or she would have to go to her room. Eventually she went upstairs - for about 10 minutes - then back down and in to 'Will you take me home now?'. And that was constant for next hour or so - would we take her, could we lend her the money for a taxi, could she phone her Dad to pick her up - handbag under her arm, demanding her coat and shoes (in the same place that they always are, but she couldn't find them, despite the coat being in plain view on the pegs!) and finally how dare we keep her prisoner, she hated us both, we were 'thieves' because we wouldn't let her go home, we were evil, she hated us both, she wished she could kill herself to get away from us - on and on and on. Eventually, she announced she was 'going to bed' and off she flounced. By now it was about 8.15, so we gave her about 40 minutes, then OH called her down for her porridge and meds. She was reasonably polite to him, but I was back to being totally ignored - suited me, and as I had washed and changed her pull ups earlier, I wasn't even worried about having to do battle to get her to change them before bed, if push came to shove - but OH was cross at the way she was with me and told her off - she responded that she didn't like him either, and was only being 'nice' because she had wanted him to give her the prrodge ! Off upstairs she stormed, and I decided to keep my distance -the mood she was in, she would only get more upset if I had to insist on her changing the pull ups, so in a way the 'accident' earlier turned out to have been almost lucky!

All quiet till 10.15, when she opened the living room door - she wanted a dink. Arrrggghhh - we can't refuse her drinks if she says she is thirsty, so OH got her half a glass of milk. She wanted to know couldn't he put a drop of tea into it? And she would have some biscuits with it too, she added. OH reminded her that she had had her tea, and a bowl of porridge before she had gone to bed. Oh great she said - are you makiing me some porridge? She headed off in a huff when he refused, and we could then hear her, stomping round upstairs, going from her room to each of the other bedroom doors, rattling and trying the handles - we let her get on with it, they were all locked so she couldn't do any harm. It must have been about 11pm before she settled and was quiet.

OH up till around 1.30 a.m. - he had to pick youngest up from the school trip, coach due to arrive back at the school around midnight, it actually didn't arrive till an hour later. Not surprisingly, youngest is just too tired this morning after less than 6 hours sleep, so is staying home and she and OH are still asleep now. Hoping Mil is quiet when I go to wake her, and doesn't disturb them - though no doubt, after her 'late night', I am very likely to have problems getting her up too!

Going to try and get through the usual chores quickly this morning,and have a few hours editing this afternoon - now have a couple of hundred shots from yesterday to add to the aviation park pictures, so I'm very much 'behind' with my photo's at the moment!

Hope you all have a good day xxxxxx

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Hope you have a restorative few hours on the Mac (? - all photographers I know use Macs and Photoshop) Ann Mac.
Heard yesterday that my piece will probably not run until the autumn but it will run. Out today to have my hair balayaged --No, I didn't know what it was until my daughter told me to go back to my favourite London hairdresser now I have time and to stop messing about with local ones. I think that means I look pretty provincial! :D Then we are off to see Nell Gwynn with Gemma Arteton.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I honestly don't know how you do it Ann. I had a hole in my tongue from wanting to scream 'You father has been dead 40 years, your husband 20, you live here SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP. :mad: I never shouted it but would leave then room while I stomped about to try to control myself

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Do all my work on pc, Red - have both photoshop and lightroom on there, paid for monthly so I always have the latest versions - prefer photoshop, but LR is good for bulk watermarking and cataloging, so would be stuck without either :D

Had to go an look up 'Balayaged' - never heard of it before! Hope you enjoy both the pampering at the stylists and the play :D

Oh, Lemony - there have been times I've shouted at her that this or that person is dead and that she lives here :( You have more self control than me if you always managed to walk away. This morning I had her calling me a 'pervert' and 'sick' again, because I supervised her washing. I wish I could find a way to not have to be in the room, but she simply forgets to wash all the very essential areas (like under her arms, or 'down below') and would never clean her gnashers if I wasn't there, so I don't see what I can do other than put up with the insults or let her go unwashed :( It ended up with me delivering some home truths this morning, which had the effect of shutting her up - because I think there was enough 'awareness' there that she knew there was truth in what I was saying - but by now, it will all have been forgotten and the chances are that tomorrow morning, the same insults will be thrown at me again.

Have flown round this morning, got most of the chores done and finished off the editing from the aviation park - having been there several times, I decided to try for images that I could 'play' with in photoshop, going for a very comic book/dramatic effect - a bit different but quite happy with several - concentrated on the old fighter jets, I think they work quite well with HDR/comic book edits :)

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 682

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Ann I can remember Mum being in high dudgeon about the carers being perverted as they wanted to play with her 'tits' :eek: The poor carer was just putting on cream so Mum didn't get a sweat rash.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Ann, I love the photos, you are sooooo talented!

I'm sorry that MIL is giving such a hard time so often :( I don't know how you manage to tolerate it day after day and the fact that you can't even be 'off duty' after a particular time must make it even harder. Yes, I know that MIL is at DC during the week, but you are hardly 'off duty' then, are you?!

One of my friends used to be a CPN in south Wales. I remember her saying how difficult it was to get to some of the villages, even at the best of times, and some really dangerous situations when weather was bad. It wasn't an option not to try though, with clinics to be run and clients needing depot injections.

It was the 1st funeral today - the husband of my son's Godmother. There were 2 couples who lived together, one lady had 4 children and her husband was away at sea a lot, the other couldn't have any of her own but helped bring up her friend's. It was the lady who couldn't have her own children who is Godmother to my son and she is now the only one left of the 4 people :(