Slippers

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Mum doesn’t like slippers, prefers sandals, but her toes are looking blue with cold. She has very swollen feet at times.
Does anyone know of posh looking slippers with Velcro and a good sole.
One of the other residents was wearing a pair that looked like brocade, very fancy and good looking.

Thanks D

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Have you looked at the Cosyfeet range online?

I don't know about 'posh-looking', since haven't needed to buy for relatives for quite a while, but they certainly do Velcro fastenings and cater for swollen feet.

Malalie

Sep 1, 2016
MIL found Cosyfeet slippers very good as well (Extra wide and velcro). After obtaining some online, I found that one of our Mobility supplies shops sold them in town as well "Mobility & Lifestyle"- don't know if that is a chain...?

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
I buy my Mum Cosyfeet sandals and slippers. The soles are good enough for outside wear (not needed now) and the velcro fastenings make for easy dressing. Many of their fabric based shoes are machine washable, something I have found very useful.
I usually get a pair as part of Mum's Xmas present, and they usually have a couple of pretty Christmas versions at this time of year.
Their sale is usually quite good too and don't forget to claim the VAT relief!

X

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Thanks to all of you, I’ll buy a cheap pair first, if she wears those, I’ll upgrade.
I bought her beautiful M&S ones last year, bootie type, she loved them when I gave her them, but has never worn them since!!

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Up date on the slipper hunt. Mum had been wearing Velcro sandals but her feet got so swollen that they were no longer safe, and the staff had “mislaid “ them for safety her favourite tennis like shoes were separating from the soles. I’d been trying to get rid of them for ages, I managed to convince her I’d take them to the cobbler to fix (and that’s a load of old c****blers).
So I went by train and bus to find slippers, Velcro and wide. Found a beautiful pair, dropped them of at the home, all good.
Today, no slippers, they were too small, so a pair of holey socks on. I popped into her room, rummaged through her packed bags and found last years bootie slippers, rejected last year as too big. Her ankles wouldn’t bend enough to put on so to the horror of the staff I demanded scissors and sliced off all decorative elements and then sliced throu the back seam for easy access. “These are to small” said mum.
So tomorrow back on the hunt. I know I perhaps can get online but I hate on line shopping. She may land up with wellingtons!