slip, slip, slipping away

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
rummy said:
Lynne, you've cracked me up this morning ! That had to be a country song ?
Yup, Well I don't think it was an Olde English Folk song!

Wanted to tell you that I'm taking my first long road cycle trip end of the month. Oklahoma to Illinois and back. Not entirely for pleasure, my FIL has terminal lung cancer and we're going for a last visit but going to take the back roads and go slow. Wish me luck!
Debbie

This is 'cycle trip' as in actually peddalling it, right? Not being towed behind the Harley ... :D
Seriously, best of luck - how far is Oklahoma to Illinois, for Pete's sake?

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
No peddling, we're on the motorcycle, just hope my body is up for it! It is typically around 600 miles and a 10 hour drive on the interstate but we're going through Arkansas and Missouri on the back roads so hope to do 270 miles a day. That is probably 5 hours on the bike as I will have to get off and put my legs back in their porper position every so often! We think this might be the last trip like it is a very long time seeing how my Mom is getting so much worse. It will be harder and harder to get away. As it is, we are holding our breath and crossing all fingers and toes that the folks hold up and will be ok while we're gone. I can't get any of my lousy siblings to come help that week so it is scarey. If I'm needed I can jump a plane back quickly.
Tornado travel, now that is a concept ! We call them ground scrapers here because the big ones will literally suck the grass right off of the ground. Looks like a big vaccum cleaner has gone through. Do you have them in England?
Debbie

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi rummy

hey whats this porper position!! is it an american thing:D

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
:D Oh you know, legs outstretched and together like a proper lady, ( that's not only in American is it? :eek: HA!! ) I think horse back would be more comfortable, that is why I'm getting a sheep skin. Must have some creature comforts, literally !!

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
ha ha sorry couldnt resist it:D

proper ladies in uk :confused: i'd have to let you know, about that one;)

the bike ride sounds like hard work but how wonderfull to be just travelling through the country on a bike, id be terrified:eek: im such a coward!!

good luck with it anyway
best wishes x:)