Slid out of bed on her kylie sheet

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
The kylie sheet is for a single bed, so I fold one side underneath and add a disposable sheet under it. Unfortunately C was too close to the edge and slipped off on the sheets. The paramedics have got her up without any injury, so the fun is over hopefully.
Does anyone else have this problem, is there a better arrangement, or were we just unlucky? Thanks everyone.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
The kylie sheet is for a single bed, so I fold one side underneath and add a disposable sheet under it. Unfortunately C was too close to the edge and slipped off on the sheets. The paramedics have got her up without any injury, so the fun is over hopefully.
Does anyone else have this problem, is there a better arrangement, or were we just unlucky? Thanks everyone.

I just use disposable pads but I did find with the kylie sheet that a soft towel helped the slippiness

glad nothing broken !
You must be exhausted
Take care
(((((Hugs))))!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That`s a worry @nae sporran

Perhaps a disposable sheet by itself with a towel on top may be better. Tucking in on one side only when there is a slippy undersurface may cause the Kylie to move when C moves.

Glad no harm was done and hope you find a solution.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
John fell out of bed back in February and after that the OT put a rail on that side of the bed. It was very effective and simple to fit. Give them a call and explain her needs.

With the kylie sheet on a wider bed it is better to turn it round so the wing is under the pillow and it lies lengthwise.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m glad C is ok @nae sporran. I hope it didn’t take too long for the paramedics to get to you.

When my dad started falling (usually sliding) to the floor on a regular basis I bought an inflatable footstool and an electric air pump and as long as he could sit up I could get this under him and, with the help of his Zimmer frame, get him up off the floor. Dad was having 2-3 falls a week by then and it used to take hours for help to arrive...he hated being on the floor!

I used a similar arrangement to you on dad’s 4ft wide bed but I used the disposable sheet on top of the kylie and either bought the ones with adhesive strips or stuck them down with double sided tape.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am glad C is ok @nae sporran.

I used the method that @Marion mentioned - i.e. I placed the kylie sheet lengthwise on hubby's side of the bed. We also had a terry towelling mattress protector, which helped hold everything securely in place.

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
Pleased she is okay, but any type of fall shakes you both up. Hope you can get some resting time today. Love and hugs xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thanks for your input and support everyone. There's a few ideas in there to look at and try out.

on Tuesday I had an early morning g call from the alarm company- mum on the floor but at least she pushed the button. Paramedics called out & checked her over- thank goodness she has soft bones!

I don’t know who is more shaken up mum or me?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
on Tuesday I had an early morning g call from the alarm company- mum on the floor but at least she pushed the button. Paramedics called out & checked her over- thank goodness she has soft bones!

I don’t know who is more shaken up mum or me?
Scary start to the day, Desperate of Devon. C's son got the call on Monday and he's been shake up and texting more than usual. I hope your mum is ok now and you are recovering.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Well there been no more falling out of bed and it all feels more secure. Last night's wetness was soaked up by a disposable, two overlapping kylies and two towels, so that works so far. C has a UTI, so there's a fair bit of blood in the toilet bowel and other places. To top it all the power steering in my car is failing intermittently, and on the way back from the supermarket today the power gave out totally at the lights with everyone glowering at me until it came back on again.
I got home to be asked how my floosie is doing. How am going to find time or energy for a floosie, unless she is also a mechanic.:D

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I can mend a pushbike if that's any good to you :cool:

I hope C gets better soon and your car isn't too expensive to repair.

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks everyone. C does seem to be on the mend now, so I hope I'll manage to nurse the car as far as the church hall for our monthly music memories concert tomorrow. It's only about 5 minutes each way, and should be worth the effort, then it goes in the garage on Wednesday.