Slept like a baby!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I woke up a little while ago, after slumbering for 8 1/2 hours! Bought one of those mammoth bean bags, and they're sooooo comfy to sleep on. Gonna get another for the living room, next month, to replace the sofa.

I never knew sleep could be so sweet :D Took me ages to wake back up, hahaha :D Plus, absolutely no disasters to wake up to. That makes such a change, and starts the day well :)

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
So pleased to hear you had a good nights sleep. Things always seem just that little bit easier to cope with if you aren't completely shattered.
Hope you have many more similar nights. We can always hope, can't we!!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Bean bag you say Chuggalug - dog sleeps on a dog sized bean bag - perhaps that's why she is always asleep when not eating or walking - upside down on the bean bag. Think I must try one out too though right way up.. So pleased to hear you have had some quality sleep for once and as you said - no disasters!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
8 1/2 hours-quick, the secret!

Oh, it was bliss. Mind you, must have taken a couple of hours to properly wake up. I never sleep as deep as that.

Wot ya do? Well, first of all, you spend all day and night waiting for the next disaster, or hubby to get up. When, by three in the morning, nothing much happens, and after you've watched a coupla films on YouTube and you just can't keep yer eyes open no more, you slink off to bed, and try your hardest to get comfy, coz the arthritis in yer knee is giving it some welly. Once comfy, close eyes, nod off. Actually, it's more like being unconscious, I guess, haha! And then you wake up all that time later, coz you were shattered in the first place!

Went shopping later, had a good walk. Now, it's munchies time :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Bean bag you say Chuggalug - dog sleeps on a dog sized bean bag - perhaps that's why she is always asleep when not eating or walking - upside down on the bean bag. Think I must try one out too though right way up.. So pleased to hear you have had some quality sleep for once and as you said - no disasters!

Wife; this is the one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/XXXL-Bean-Bag-MONSTER-Double/dp/B006IPG6BI/ref=pd_ybh_12

So huge, they should have named it 'Behemoth'" It really is mammoth. I'm 5'3" and it's just long enough for me to only have my feet hanging off it if I ain't curled up. Bit like sleeping in a hammock, I would imagine, as it has a hollow in the middle when you lay on it. (Or is that how much I weigh? AHEM!!!)

Anyway, it's gorgeous. Comfy, warm. Sling a double sleeping bag on top, and, if you need it, a pillow and Bob's yer uncle, so to speak :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Looks so comfy wanna go asleep on it now

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Gonna get anuvver one next month to replace the sofa. Fairly easy fill. You get four bags of beans that come with it. To avoid losing any, shove the whole bag into the lining before opening and releasing the contents. The bags of filling are just tied in a granny knot.

Rinse and repeat with the rest!

I love these things. It 's much cheaper going this way, rather than spending a few hundred quid on each piece of furniture, these are just over 100 quid plus P+P. Doing things this way, I could get some new dining furniture at the same time.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
How did you sleep last night, Chuggalug - good I sincerely hope! Must say I am very tempted to buy one - if only for lounging about as I seem to be doing a lot these last few days.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
How did you sleep last night, Chuggalug - good I sincerely hope! Must say I am very tempted to buy one - if only for lounging about as I seem to be doing a lot these last few days.

Hi WIFE, and everyone. Just got up a few min's ago. Slept lovely again! Thanks for asking. Morning ritual begins with The Sweet on iTunes today. I try to play some music in the mornings to get me off to a good start. Cuppa coffee to come when I get into the kitchen.

Looks like we had a slight frost overnight. I've got the food shopping to do today, so I'll try to get there early enough to get back in daylight!

Howz all of you? WIFE? I really would recommend one of these bean bags. If you can find someone to help you fill it, that would be a bonus.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Thank you for asking Chuggalug. Not quite so good these last few days - quite a lot to get sorted and not feeling quite so chipper about it all as I was before the Funeral. Natural euphoria has died down and reality and sadness set in. Walking the dog quite a bit in the fresh air and avoiding the "nasties" in the Village if I possibly can.

Suspect if I buy one of these ere Bean Bags the dog will drown herself in it as she is so small! She has made every sitting and sleeping place in the building hers by right so I don't think I would get a look in.

Hope you have another good night's sleep. WIFE

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thank you for asking Chuggalug. Not quite so good these last few days - quite a lot to get sorted and not feeling quite so chipper about it all as I was before the Funeral. Natural euphoria has died down and reality and sadness set in. Walking the dog quite a bit in the fresh air and avoiding the "nasties" in the Village if I possibly can.

Suspect if I buy one of these ere Bean Bags the dog will drown herself in it as she is so small! She has made every sitting and sleeping place in the building hers by right so I don't think I would get a look in.

Hope you have another good night's sleep. WIFE

I can only imagine what that's like, Wife. Yes, natural euphoria does tend to quit on us. I've had it happen, sometimes, knowing that certain jobs need doing, but I get a terrible dose of the 'can't be bothereds'.

I've been thinking of you in your situation. I know, in time that you'll pick yourself back up, love. Give it time. Things were so hard for you before your hubby died. Don't worry too much. Your body needs a rest from the long, hard struggle. That's all it's telling you. Rest as much as you can, and get out for a good walk, sometimes. Get away from them four walls, if only for a while.

Talk often about your loved one, to keep his memory alive. Cry when you need to, but don't stay there, Wife. You will laugh again, I promise, and that ain't no platitude.

You can share the bean bag with woofie. It really is huge!

Windy here today. We must have had some rain in the night.