Sleepless in Seattle - Nostalgic in Naples

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Last 24 hours:

This time last evening Lionel was in bed by 8.30. - reason - I took a telephone call from another carer at 8.00pm. Lionel was not best pleased - he was not the centre of attention, hence bed by 8.30.
Consequence, he needed the toilet by 4.00am I WAS NOT BEST PLEASED, but I never let him see this.

Normal am. Visit by OT. New aids promised. Looking good.
Decided to cut lawns early pm. Settled Lionel, but he decided he would take himself to the loo. Result : Wet trousers, underpants, socks slippers, and a floor to be mopped and disinfected. Hey ho, just another afternoon.

We have sat this evening watching Sleepless in Seattle, and with some prompting he remembered our meeting at Naples airport 1995. So I am no Tom Hanks, and he is no Meg Ryan, but that is very much our story. What of tomoprrow, who knows, we have both enjoyed this evening, in our own way.

Take care all, Connie :cool:

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
connie said:
Last 24 hours:

Settled Lionel, but he decided he would take himself to the loo. Result : Wet trousers, underpants, socks slippers, and a floor to be mopped and disinfected. Hey ho, just another afternoon.

We have sat this evening watching Sleepless in Seattle, and with some prompting he remembered our meeting at Naples airport 1995. So I am no Tom Hanks, and he is no Meg Ryan, but that is very much our story. What of tomoprrow, who knows, we have both enjoyed this evening, in our own way.

Take care all, Connie :cool:

Wow, Connie, Lionel must think he lives in my house as it would take something as drastic as that to make me clean the floor :)

When you say you met at Naples Airport in 1995, was that your first ever meeting? That sounds fascinating and romantic, I'd love to hear more. You sound like the European Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan to me!

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Short, and to the point. Yes, we met at the baggage caroursel at Naples Airport.

I was newly bereaved (I year) and Lionel was just separated from his wife.
The rest is history...................................It has been a stormy ride, because of the dementia becoming apparent to me after a year or so.

Ces't la vie. Regards, Connie

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Decided to cut lawns?! We are being forecast snow tonight possibly; it has certainly been a very cold evening.
Amy

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Connie,
You continue to be an inspiration to me, I just hope when called upon, I can do as well as you are.

Debbie

janew

Mar 28, 2005
Dear Connie

I hope all went well with meeting up with yours & Lionel's friends on Sunday?? I've also been wiping up the floors tonight after an accident - hence why I am on the Computer at this time of night, just trying to get myself back in the 'sleep mode'.

Best wishes to all
Jane

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hello Jane, Yes, our lunch date with 10 of Lionel's old school friends went very well. They live about 90 miles away, so it was a long journey for him, and he was quite tired.

He rose to the occassion however, and enjoyed himself immensely.
Thank goodness I had put the help in place before hand, otherwise I would have been shattered before I started. All in all a lovely day. Precious memories to talk about. He, of course, does not remember any of it now, but when reminded will say "I am sure I enjoyed it at the time" He does still recognise them however.

Love Connie

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
"I am sure I enjoyed it at the time"
People like Lionel are quite amazing.

I am sure you are hugely proud of Lionel, as I am with Jan, - and you should be very proud too of yourself!