Sleeping problems and hallucination-help

mistrymachine

Feb 18, 2017
My mother (age 55) who is diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia has been showing signs of serious decline since last week. She has started talking to herself and people who are not even there - continuously. This is somewhat manageable during the day but she has started talking at night as well while sitting on the bed refusing to lay down. She also refused to shower which she could do on her own until last week. This is a sudden change (for the worse) and we are trying to cope with it. Any advice or experience on how we can calm her down is appreciated.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Has she been checked for an infection? FTD is a gradual decline and any sudden changes make me think about an infection - usually a urine infection, so Id get it checked

mistrymachine

Feb 18, 2017
Has she been checked for an infection? FTD is a gradual decline and any sudden changes make me think about an infection - usually a urine infection, so Id get it checked

She hasn't been checked for any infection. We will get it tested this week. The main issue she has right now is with the hallucination especially at night making it difficult for her to go to sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA