Sleeping Positions

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Tre with regard to the phlegm. We have that problem to the point where we were having really scary choking on some occasions. Now we have a small suction pump provided by the NHS which I can use if he gets that bad again. That came via the community physio, who was a real star.

He also had a real drooling problem, so excess saliva would collect in his throat overnight. Now he has scopoderm patches which do a pretty good job of keeping it under control.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I used the fluffiest pillow last night. When I went to bed Sue was already on her back and panting. I turned her on her side again, puffed the pillow up around her head to try to make rolling over more difficult and gave her a tiny drink with an Ibuprofen Meltlet dissolved in it on the grounds that she might be in pain or discomfort. (I use a 'Tommy Tipee' mug 'inherited' from her grand-daughter for this!) I also raised the head of the bed by the tiniest amount. She slept well and as I got up she was on her back but not panting and just having the occasional snore.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Have you tried pillows, there are also special wedges, to keep Sue in the 30[SUP]o[/SUP] lateral position?

cpo6309-posey-lateral-wedge.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba