Sleep difficulties

Safi

Apr 2, 2020
My husband has anxiety every evening and I give him 15mg mirtazapine when he goes to bed. He may drop off to sleep once settled but often wakes in the night. GP suggested half tablet of 1mg lorazepam. Very difficult to break tab in half & mixed success. Notice he talks incessantly & may get out of bed looking for shoes and wanders round house, then shouts for me as he’s lost. He’s very groggy the next morning after taking lorazepam and I’m not sure it’s the best choice for him. I’m getting very little sleep. Any advice on medication?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi @Safi
I'd go back to the GP and mention all this... It may be worth trying a different time to give the meds eg early evening rather than bedtime, and slightly different doses
ask a pharmacist about halving the pill, I think there's a cutter designed to do this

Margaret Cymru

May 11, 2021
Hi @Safi
I'd go back to the GP and mention all this... It may be worth trying a different time to give the meds eg early evening rather than bedtime, and slightly different doses
ask a pharmacist about halving the pill, I think there's a cutter designed to do this
Holland and Barrett have a pill cutter. Quite inexpensive. £2 something.

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Mum takes 30mg Mirtazapine and 75mg Quetiapine at night. Works most of the time, and she is reasonably with-it come the morning. We have Lorazepam - 1mg - as a backup, if she becomes very agitated, but, as you say, it tends to have a hangover effect. Maybe speak to GP again.