1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Sleep and Alzheimer's

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Adcat, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Adcat

Adcat Registered User

Jun 15, 2014
    London
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/301758.php

Evening All,

I was just trawling through Twitter and found this about sleep and Alzheimer's. I don't think there's anything new as such but knowledge is power for us.

X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

2. Summerheather

Summerheather Registered User

Feb 22, 2015
    That is so interesting, my Mum is starting to really wander now at night

3. Optomistic

Optomistic Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    Manchester
    My husband has alzheimers and sleeps well but some nights he fights in his sleep and lashes out. I have to wake him up because sometimes he gives me a punch. He is a very quiet and nice man and never agressive.

4. henfenywfach

henfenywfach Registered User

May 23, 2013
    rct
    Hi!
    My dad has dementia..He has dementia with lewy bodies.
    Shares symptoms with alzheimers and parkinsonism.

He lives with my mum but is her carer.
    He was having fighting out sleep and I read about rapid eye syndrome. .which is a sleep disorder and the consultant diagnosed it.

It's medicated with clonazepam. In my dad's case. It helps him.
    Fighting out caused him to fall out of bed. And made him tired..

Thought I'd mention it.

Best wishes