Six Weeks To Dad's Second Anniversary

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I'm not looking forward to dad's second anniversary in six weeks time.

MaNaAk

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I know we will still be in ‘strange’ time still but could you plan to do something ‘nice’ on the day.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thinking of you, @MaNaAk . Hard to believe it's nearly two years since your dad passed on. I know it's inevitable, but sometimes I find myself thinking how unfair it is, that life keeps on going without our loved ones. But I hope life is becoming kinder to you again.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Dad's first anniversary 3 months ago @MaNaAk . We had fish and chips from the chippy. It seemed appropriate because that is what we would have done if dad had still been here. Next year we will celebrate properly with fish and chips at the seaside followed by an ice cream on the sea front. It will be a quiet celebration for dad with just me and my husband there. It's the thought that counts.

I will of course put some flowers in the garden of remembrance for mum and dad around the same date.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou everyone. What seems unbelievable was that the last time I saw him at the care home he was pushing resident G in her wheelchair and it was the only time he said goodbye before I left. His death was just over twenty-four hours after being admitted to hospital. I will have an Indian takeaway on that day and put some flowers in a vase for him. I will probably have lunch out as well.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
The fact that you continued the living in the family home without him, both before and fter his death for some considerable time hasnt helped your 'moving on/mourning process.

You are in your new place now, almost free of everything thing that was,

Cheers dad, I''m strong and I AM surviving

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The fact that you continued the living in the family home without him, both before and fter his death for some considerable time hasnt helped your 'moving on/mourning process.

You are in your new place now, almost free of everything thing that was,

Cheers dad, I''m strong and I AM surviving
Thankyou @Jessbow.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
do what you feel on that day but dont let the hassle with gremlins and house taint the memories of your dad. theres no time limit on grief. maybe celebrate the man he was rather than who you have lost