sitter for a couple of hours each week

tom'sgranny

Feb 24, 2015
my husband has dementia and I wondered if anyone knows of a sitting service for a couple of hours each week to give me peace of mind when I go to my keep fit class.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
You could try crossroads, l have been waiting for 1yr as there is a waiting list, you can pay and get a sitter. Welcome to talking point

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
We get sitting service through Age UK. No waiting list where we live in East London and it's free but after the initial six weeks Social Services took over. It's integrated in the support plan now, together with day care.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
If you indicated what part of the country you're in then you may get some recommendations and finding someone that way, personally recommended would be my preferred way of finding a sitter. You could google it putting your area in the search, I found several possibilities near me quite quickly or contact your local social services who may well have a list. There are voluntary organisations and asking at your GP's surgery are also possibles.
K

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
We used Crossroads. Had to pay for them but the SS will pick up costs if a financial assessment puts you in that category. Found them excellent in this area.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert F Smith