Sister using Dad's bank accounts to pay her own bills

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Does anyone know if it would not be possible for me to be the sole PoA considering I can prove that I have had nothing to do with using the cards because I was not in England on those dates the card were used.
Or would the LPoA be taken away from both of us?

If it goes to court you would be applying to the Court of Protection for your sister to be removed as attorney and you retained as sole attorney. The judge would look at the evidence gathered to decide whether your sister was unfit to remain as an attorney and should be removed.

The judge would consider whether there was any evidence that you are unfit to retain your POA. The judge would also consider whether you are in a position to be fully active as an attorney, given that you live overseas. The judge would need to see how you plan to manage things from where you are. Not so difficult nowadays when can we do so much online.

You have the choice to resign as an attorney at any time, but I don't think that's what you want. If you didn't want to continue then, if the judge removed your sister's POA, a deputy would need to be appointed. This could be a suitable and available friend or family member if there is such a person. Or, it would be a court appointed deputy who would be paid a fee.