Sing online and help our research study

JustineSchneider

Mar 18, 2021
Dr. Becky Dowson and Professor Justine Schneider are researchers at the University of Nottingham. We are looking for people who are new to singing for dementia to take part in a study about the benefits of online group singing for people with dementia and their carers. The relaxed, fun and informal singing groups are held on Zoom. You don’t need to have any previous experience of singing to take part. We are open to new participants until June, 2021. If you are interested in joining this research study we will send full details on a no obligation basis. Email: Preside.Research@nottingham.ac.uk Phone: 07971 007345

Attachments

• IDISIDE Poster v1.2 161120.jpg
    IDISIDE Poster v1.2 161120.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 300

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Just a note to say that this member has permission to post about their study.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Just for a minute my hope rose but sadly dashed. My OH has Alz and I am her carer, she hates singing and doesn’t listen to music but I love Karaoke and just for a moment I fancied this then noted it must include the cared for as well, ?

BeckyDowson

Mar 23, 2021
Just for a minute my hope rose but sadly dashed. My OH has Alz and I am her carer, she hates singing and doesn’t listen to music but I love Karaoke and just for a moment I fancied this then noted it must include the cared for as well, ?
Sorry to disappoint you, Agzy. Have you looked for a community choir you could join? Many are meeting online at the moment.

If anyone has questions about this study, please let me know and I am happy to answer them. Also just to say that it's fine if you have previous experience of going to a singing group in person - we are just looking for people who are new to singing online.