Simple mobile phone

Wrighty1

Jun 16, 2021
I’m just looking into a basic and very simple mobile phone for my mum however she only needs to ring out in an emergency I have looked and you can get a mobile with 4 photos and sos contact has anyone tried this just wondered before I buy one? My mum is not able to text or read just need to use in an emergency if anything happens to my dad? Or any other ideas for her to get in touch with some in an emergency would help! Many thanks

Pots and Pans

Jan 13, 2020
Have been looking at these too. Believe they may have GPS tracking too in case if wandering/getting lost. Would also be interested in knowing if others have used. Not even sure if OH would understand ( can't use landline and I have set up so only 2 buttons to press to call me) but the ones with photos might be good. Might he/she then call those on it at off times or endlessly though?

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Unfortunately any gadget with multiple buttons to choose from and push is suitable only for those at the early stage. I think we all find that dementia curtails the ability to operate all sorts of gadgets from the TV remote to computers, and mobile phones are no exception.

Paula.Rogers

May 2, 2022
Has anyone tried the Doro phone with just one contact button? I need something very basic when my partner has regular treatment. Unable to use the regular mobile phone.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Has anyone tried the Doro phone with just one contact button? I need something very basic when my partner has regular treatment. Unable to use the regular mobile phone.
Not tried it and did not know about it. Can you post a link or give us the exact model number? There is another problem with any small device - can the PWD find it? This is a common issue - small things getting put in random places and lost.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Paula.Rogers
A warm welcome to DTP

I was wondering whether you meant this ... but it doesn't seem to fit your description ...

I too wonder whether any mobile will be easy for your partner ... is it that you want your partner to make a call or just receive ...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A