Signing out

Kika

May 11, 2019
Just learned yesterday this is end of the line for Don.
He went into hospital ten days ago because oral antibiotics hadn't shifted chest and urine infections, his dementia was much worse, and he'd lost mobility.
As the infections cleared up but he hadn't improved either mentally or mobility wise, they did a scan of his head, and discovered he has brain cancer as well as dementia. He's too frail for chemo, so he'll get palliative care only.
So I am signing out of the forum, with thanks for all the support. I wish you all well.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I'm so sorry to hear your news @Kika
If you want support during his final time, or afterwards, do come back.
Make sure you look after yourself too during this time as it can sometimes be drawn out
((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read this Thinking of you and wishing you strength. Please think of staying around. You will plenty of understanding and ongoing support.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
(((((((((Hugs)))))))) Thinking of you both. You know where we are if you want to chat.

MaNaAk

Kika

May 11, 2019
Don took us all by surprise by dying within days of his diagnosis.
It is my firm belief that he looked at his future, didn't relish what he saw, and decided to quit. He saved himself from the pain that would have come once the cancer grew, and I can only be glad for his sake. Also, of course, for mine, though that will come later.
After waiting for our eldest child to return from abroad, we held his funeral this week. The church was full, as was the pub afterwards, and now our children have returned to their lives,.
The past few years I have been focussed on caring for Don, so now I must learn to live my own life differently.
Thank you for your support, and I wish all of you such a clear cut ending to your struggles.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I have to say that for both your sakes I am pleased things happened so quickly and hope that once you have come to terms with everything you can relax and continue your life with some equilibrium.
With all good wishes,
Carol.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sending my condolences and wishing you strength @Kika - do keep touching base here. Everyone is her to support you.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Sorry to hear your news, but glad all the family could come together for the funeral and that Don died in the way he wished to.
Look after yourself @Kika , and know we're always here if you want to drop by.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
@Kika . Please accept my sincere condolences.
I am in the same position you were in September. My husband has dementia and cancer. He is being looked after by hospice nurses at home.
He is nearing the end and I can only hope that it comes soon and is as peaceful as he is at the moment.
much love to you and your family.x

Kika

May 11, 2019
Thank you all. I am still working my way through the formalities - I think the actual realisation that he's gone for good will come later.
Cal Y, I hope your husband's ending is peaceful. Xx