Signal to open bowels gone?

barny

Jan 20, 2006
Herts
RESULT!!!! The linseed / apple puree combo finally did the trick. I'm so happy !!!!!!:D

Glad to hear that. In my post I think I said it took about 3 weeks to get into a routine. So I would encourage you to continue.
On a lighter note I told a friend of mine about my success with mum and linseeds and as she was prone to constipation she decided to try it for herself. She lives in a rural part of the country and has a septic tank. She reported to me that her condition was much better and with a daily result she was going to continue to take them. Six months later there was a problem with the septic tank. The maintenance man was called out to fix it. He said I have fixed the tank and cleared it out. It seemed to be blocked with lots of tiny seeds, wonder where they all came from! Ho hum!
Most areas have a continence team and you can access them via the gp or district nurse. Good luck.

tinap

Nov 2, 2014
west midlands
my mom has been suffering with constipation for a few years but this year she has had fecal impaction three times. Each time this happens she as bladder retention as well needing to be catheterized as anyone else had this happen? I've noticed this problem seems to have occurred alongside a deterriation in her memory and mobility and every time she is constipated she is much more confused and agitated. Mom cant take exercise due to other health problems and decline in mobility she basically moves from chair to wheelchair now and that's it. She is also on fork mashable diet with many foods including many fruit and veg off limits and as recently been but on thickened fluids, which she hates so is now even harder to try and get her to drink. We seem to be going round in circles with this with no answer or solution. If anyone else as had same problems or any advice I would be grateful.

Tomjo

Oct 27, 2014
Yes I've noticed my mum is much more confused and unreliable when she's constipated - apparently this is quite common.

dia

Nov 13, 2014
stay of Movicol

Hi my mum was on Movicol it was the worst thing ever, yes it made her go to the loo but about 20 times a day and with great urgency and she always felt she needed to go. We had great success with Dulcolax it was gentle and she emptied her bowels and now (touch wood) she is pretty regular.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I sometimes wonder how many people diagnosed as incontinent of faeces actually suffer from chronic constipation that has not been treated in a way that actually suits their system?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976