Sign a petition about NICES decision on Alzheimer drugs

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi capybara,
Both I and my wife have signed this, so lets hope many others do the same. We need as may as possible.

Regards

kenc

Last edited:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I've signed the petition which seems to be dated so yesterday was the last date for signing...:confused:

Dual feelings about this petition site.

1. great to be able to sign up to a petition that easily.

2. there are LOADS of petitions there. In the same section is one "provide more land for allotments for people to grow their own vegetables." So the thing gets diluted. I'm all for allotments, but should that really even register on a section devoted to critical issues? My point being that there will be little notice taken of the important issues because of the relative trivia.

The discriminating factor might be if there were to be an ENORMOUS response to the Alzheimer's petition, one that dwarfs the others. Unless that happens, signing the petition will mean pretty much nothing.

Final thought: lack of signatures to a petition might be taken by government to mean that they can forget about the issue.

In days when good souls went around collecting real signatures, the government would be presented with someone carrying boxes of them to Downing Street, with resultant publicity. With the arrival of virtual petitions, everyone and his dog will be putting up all sorts of stuff, and the importance of any uncomfortable ones will be lost.

Conspiracy theory would have me believing that this is the intention.

Final point:

currently this dementia-related petition stands at 12 signatures.

The top petition has 2600 more signatures, and that is "Overturn the National Blood Service (NBS) ban stopping Gay and Bi (G&B) Men giving Blood"

Last edited:

capybara

Jan 10, 2007
Well Done Linda!

We are on 60 now and on page 1 of health issues lets keep it going.:)

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Just struck me that to date 171 have read this post but only 60 names on petition. Of course everyone has there own views and I respect that.

Linda

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I think that's because we (well I) read Bruce's post and thought "well if it's closed there's no point" Since it is still open, going off to sign. Also, of course. views can be multiples from the same person. Edited to add - No I'm not -they don't want me as I am non-resident, even though I am a citizen.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Brucie said:
The discriminating factor might be if there were to be an ENORMOUS response to the Alzheimer's petition, one that dwarfs the others. Unless that happens, signing the petition will mean pretty much nothing.

Agree, Brucie, so ... let's make it happen ......!!!!!:)

Aside from 'personal contacts', hubby and I are gonna seek permission Monday for 'All Staff emails' around our workplaces to drum up support ..... one thing we've both learnt is that dementia is one of those 'unspokens' - until everyone you speak to seems to have some personal experience or knowledge :confused:

Well done Capybara for bringing this to the forum!!!!:)

K, x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968